Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any fellow survivalists utilize their truck?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #21
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
Hey just get yourself and a few non zombie friends and lock yourself up in a Cabelas, Bass pro shop, l.l.beans, or walmart and
Old 10-31-2011, 03:39 PM   #22
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretacoowner View Post
Hey just get yourself and a few non zombie friends and lock yourself up in a Cabelas, Bass pro shop, l.l.beans, or walmart and
yeah because no one else will think of that lol but yeah that is a good idea
Old 10-31-2011, 03:52 PM   #23
Wallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shedWallygater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard:
Wallygater's Tacoma Gallery
I'm like you all and like to be prepared. I have a lot on here listed already in my truck. I carry a Glock folding shovel and Glock knife also along with a Surefire LED light and multitool. I also have a Firesteel in the truck at all times. I keep a bag of dryer lint in my BOB for tinder. Works great. And always have at least a case of water in the truck. I plan on getting some kind of water filter like hikers use to store in my BOB also. They are expensive. I would need to throw the guns and ammo in if the S ever did HTF per se. Hopefully the trouble wouldn't be from an EMP cause if that happened none of us would be going anywhere in our trucks.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:59 PM   #24
Hittn' easy steet on mud tires
Jez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jez's Tacoma Gallery
Staying put is going to be what happens for most of us....any of us living, working, or visiting a large city know how a small fender bender makes rubber necks out of thousands of people. If anything did happen I am pretty certain the local authorities would shut the interstate system down immediately. I plan to travel within an hour and feel we will always have access to back roads or we can always revert to making our own roads! The problem with waiting for something to happen is that the shelves will be empty at wally world and cabellas....look at the east coast who was pounded with snow and is without electricity still.
Old 10-31-2011, 04:11 PM   #25
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
my bag contains a fixed blade knife (heavy solid tang), multi tool,surefire light, compass,water purifier,100' paracord. flint, fire starter cubes, hand saw chain, signal light, complete meal bars (12),fishing hooks and 50' fishing line, snares, first aid kit along with isreali trama badage,tourniquet, instant blood clot, iodine, tarp and reflective heat blanket. Also always have my handgun with me. Also in a seperate bag I carry every tool I could thing of for working on my truck (too many to list)
Old 10-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #26
blackpearl11 is on a distinguished road
blackpearl11's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck Jez
Old 10-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #27
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
nice. i keep some stuff in my truck like extra clothes shoes, truck fluids, tow straps, knives, gloves some tools. i need more stuff though like a first aid kit rain jackets etc...i should get on that! haha
Old 10-31-2011, 06:05 PM   #28
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
nice. i keep some stuff in my truck like extra clothes shoes, truck fluids, tow straps, knives, gloves some tools. i need more stuff though like a first aid kit rain jackets etc...i should get on that! haha
go to wally world, target or wherever tomorrow and buy a first aid kit. Mine almost never gets put away. Some dumbass (including myself) always gets cut or burnt and I sem to be the only one with a first aid kit thats around.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #29
Throughhonor is on a distinguished road

Marines: 2/25 Garden City NY
Name: Ryan
Throughhonor's Tacoma Gallery
This is one of the best threads I have come across. Lets me realize how unprepared I am. However I always have 550 cord, duct tape, a butane torch, first aid-kit, Gerber Axe, Tactical light, gerber multi-tool, KA-Bar last ditch knife, and a Gen 2 KA-Bar, and hi-lift, and the obvious recovery gear. However I do plan on getting a tool box for some camping gear and tools to always have on board. I also have always wanted a compressor for on board air tools.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #30
Throughhonor is on a distinguished road

Marines: 2/25 Garden City NY
Name: Ryan
Throughhonor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
Staying put is going to be what happens for most of us....any of us living, working, or visiting a large city know how a small fender bender makes rubber necks out of thousands of people. If anything did happen I am pretty certain the local authorities would shut the interstate system down immediately. I plan to travel within an hour and feel we will always have access to back roads or we can always revert to making our own roads! The problem with waiting for something to happen is that the shelves will be empty at wally world and cabellas....look at the east coast who was pounded with snow and is without electricity still.
I think about this all the time, I really hate living on an island and depending on only a few bridges to get off
Old 10-31-2011, 06:26 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throughhonor View Post
I think about this all the time, I really hate living on an island and depending on only a few bridges to get off
I live on an island that only has one bridge and right after the bridge is rail road tracks, luckily for me not too many people live on this island I would say only about 6-7 full time houses and 10 or so cottages.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:29 PM   #33
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Water, a few non-parishable foods, change of clothes.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #34
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i dont carry anything besides a lock out kit(for work), come along,tow strap(2) and some misc. spare parts in my tool box. nothing special..Maybe a fire extinguisher
Old 10-31-2011, 06:33 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
i dont carry anything besides a lock out kit(for work), come along,tow strap(2) and some misc. spare parts in my tool box. nothing special..Maybe a fire extinguisher
yup i carry a fire extinguisher also
Old 10-31-2011, 06:34 PM   #36
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
go to wally world, target or wherever tomorrow and buy a first aid kit. Mine almost never gets put away. Some dumbass (including myself) always gets cut or burnt and I sem to be the only one with a first aid kit thats around.
I've got what some believe to be a basic EMS kit. I'm the only one of my friends that is Adult Child CPR/First Aid certified and am the only one smart enough to realize that "Hey, Watch this" is the prelude to either something really bad or something really epic is about to go down and usually its the first of the two. Never leave home without it.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:34 PM   #37
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ill probably get one this weekend. im at school and dont have my truck but ill probably get one for it soon.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:39 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
I've got what some believe to be a basic EMS kit. I'm the only one of my friends that is Adult Child CPR/First Aid certified and am the only one smart enough to realize that "Hey, Watch this" is the prelude to either something really bad or something really epic is about to go down and usually its the first of the two. Never leave home without it.
I got my cpr and first aid training, but I am in the process of taking a ski patrol course which is pretty much first responders. My belief is that basic first aid and cpr should be taught in high schools. Luckily I have only had to use my first aid on some gashes and minor burns but who knows what can happen. Before I had my first aid course I got onto the seen of an accident. Felt hopeless that I couldn't do much but make sure the person was conscious and didn't move.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:51 PM   #39
Will The Thrill

Quote:
I got my cpr and first aid training, but I am in the process of taking a ski patrol course which is pretty much first responders. My belief is that basic first aid and cpr should be taught in high schools. Luckily I have only had to use my first aid on some gashes and minor burns but who knows what can happen. Before I had my first aid course I got onto the seen of an accident. Felt hopeless that I couldn't do much but make sure the person was conscious and didn't move.
That's about what happened to me. I was sitting in a steak resturant and the guy besides me started choking and no one knew what to do he stayed without air so long that he started turning blue and seizing. I just sat there and held his head so it wouldn't hit the ground. I've never felt worse than I did that day just having to watch it and not knowing what to do so my parents signed me up for a CPR/First Aid class and I fell in love with it. Now I'm studying to get my BSN and be a nurse one day. Thankfully tho I've never had anything worse than a baseball hit one of my friends right above the right eye on the brow that needed a butterfly until we could get him to the hospital for stitches. But if worse comes around I know what to do and never have to have that feeling again. And I to believe that CPR/First Aid should be taught to everybody.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
That's about what happened to me. I was sitting in a steak resturant and the guy besides me started choking and no one knew what to do he stayed without air so long that he started turning blue and seizing. I just sat there and held his head so it wouldn't hit the ground. I've never felt worse than I did that day just having to watch it and not knowing what to do so my parents signed me up for a CPR/First Aid class and I fell in love with it. Now I'm studying to get my BSN and be a nurse one day. Thankfully tho I've never had anything worse than a baseball hit one of my friends right above the right eye on the brow that needed a butterfly until we could get him to the hospital for stitches. But if worse comes around I know what to do and never have to have that feeling again. And I to believe that CPR/First Aid should be taught to everybody.
good on you for working towards becoming a nurse. I would never be able to do something like that I hate hospitals. Having said that 1 of my dream jobs would be paramedic. I like my ski patrol course because its very in depth. Going in it felt like after I was done I could be a doctor. We have to learn the all the systems in the body. Its pretty tough. I can't wait for the next session though its addicting

Products Discussed in this Thread