Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any fellow survivalists utilize their truck?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2011, 07:58 PM   #41
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
HAHA! this is awesome lol
Old 10-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #42
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretacoowner View Post
good on you for working towards becoming a nurse. I would never be able to do something like that I hate hospitals. Having said that 1 of my dream jobs would be paramedic. I like my ski patrol course because its very in depth. Going in it felt like after I was done I could be a doctor. We have to learn the all the systems in the body. Its pretty tough. I can't wait for the next session though its addicting
This. People ask me why I want to be a male nurse. I tell them I can't help it it's an addiction that really sank it's teeth in last year when I started towards my CNA. That and all the women! Do you know how many times I've heard a story turn bad when I heard them say "Hey, watch this!" or how hard it is to keep a straight face when someone says "I don't know how that got there". I love it but dear god is the schooling hard!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:45 AM   #43
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
Staying put is going to be what happens for most of us....any of us living, working, or visiting a large city know how a small fender bender makes rubber necks out of thousands of people. If anything did happen I am pretty certain the local authorities would shut the interstate system down immediately.
That's why u build your taco to stay off black top.

Quote:
I plan to travel within an hour and feel we will always have access to back roads or we can always revert to making our own roads! The problem with waiting for something to happen is that the shelves will be empty at wally world and cabellas....look at the east coast who was pounded with snow and is without electricity still.
I'm debating if staying put is really the best option. I think being up in the hills or mountains away from the city would be best. That way you stay away from the mass chaos.

Here's another list as well:
http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/list-101barter-items/
Old 11-01-2011, 07:25 AM   #44
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
That's why u build your taco to stay off black top.

I'm debating if staying put is really the best option. I think being up in the hills or mountains away from the city would be best. That way you stay away from the mass chaos.

Here's another list as well:
http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/list-101barter-items/
It depends where you are I guess, for me I am already in the sticks so it would be better to stay put. If you lived on the 7th story of a highrise in NYC get out fast. Also would depend on the type of person you were. If you were someone who never went camping and never fished or went in the woods. Go find red cross or FEMA. If you know you can build shelter,make a fire. hunt fish and trap why not go in the woods.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #47
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #48
Hittn' easy steet on mud tires
Jez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jez's Tacoma Gallery
I too have CPR and First Aid training being that I am a construction manager. I don't understand why it is not taught in schools seeing as so many companies require it. It should also be a gen ed for college! I have a book that came along with my course which is filled with the basics and remedies.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #49
Jez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jez's Tacoma Gallery
Zac- That is why I have my fox 2.5" coilovers, 2.0" rear shocks, AP 3" springs, and TC UCA's currently in the mail to my house!!

- As for going to the hills that is my first impression too but I fear that will be plan A for everyone else as well! We can only imagine what we would do and prepare for any situation. I need more knowledge in Urban Survival for sure!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #50
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I too have CPR and First Aid training being that I am a construction manager. I don't understand why it is not taught in schools seeing as so many companies require it. It should also be a gen ed for college! I have a book that came along with my course which is filled with the basics and remedies.
I used to be a CPR instructor and a combat injury instructor so I should be good

Quote:
Zac- That is why I have my fox 2.5" coilovers, 2.0" rear shocks, AP 3" springs, and TC UCA's currently in the mail to my house!!

- As for going to the hills that is my first impression too but I fear that will be plan A for everyone else as well! We can only imagine what we would do and prepare for any situation. I need more knowledge in Urban Survival for sure!
Nice setup. I'm J. I think the best way to survive in an urban environment is in a group. Team up with people you trust. Because if SHTF the "bad guys" will be rolling in groups as well.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #51
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing like "combat lifesaver training".
Old 11-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #52
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throughhonor View Post
I think about this all the time, I really hate living on an island and depending on only a few bridges to get off
Im guessing you live on Long Island too? where abouts?
Old 11-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #53
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticsquelch View Post
Nothing like "combat lifesaver training".
Haha. Self-Aid Buddy Care might have been confusing.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #54
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretacoowner View Post
It depends where you are I guess, for me I am already in the sticks so it would be better to stay put. If you lived on the 7th story of a highrise in NYC get out fast. Also would depend on the type of person you were. If you were someone who never went camping and never fished or went in the woods. Go find red cross or FEMA. If you know you can build shelter,make a fire. hunt fish and trap why not go in the woods.
I live in the woods and have about 500 yards between my house and the trees line my dad, my sister, and I will have guns blazing before anybody got within a few hundred feet of our house if SHTF.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #55
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
Wow this is great. Im glad im not the only one that wants to be prepared for anything. This along with mods is slow and steady process
Old 11-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #56
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd

I've been looking at this stuff for a while too. Especially after watching The Walking Dead haha. Even though there's usually not too many natural disasters in Maryland, you never know what could happen.

Just put on my new General Grabber 265/65/17 and XD Addicts yesterday....those will definitely help me smash some zombies.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #57

Jez's Tacoma Gallery
We should always be prepared....seems like most I talk to including my wife sometimes pokes fun at me but I will be damned if I am caught in the middle of a situation where I cannot help myself. Look at all those people after Katrina who were too lazy to help themselves and instead waited for the government to help them out.

I have been thinking of ways/things to keep on my person which will help me barter if SHTF. Anyone watch the movie Book of Eli where he was able to barter with something as simple as chap stick? If SHTF and the shelves are empty at the local store it would be nice to have a stock of things to play off peoples needs aside from basic food and water. I have been seriously thinking of stocking up on tobacco, alcohol (shine), personal hygiene products like soap, toothpaste and feminine products, and some strong medication.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #59
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We should always be prepared....seems like most I talk to including my wife sometimes pokes fun at me but I will be damned if I am caught in the middle of a situation where I cannot help myself.

If SHTF and the shelves are empty at the local store it would be nice to have a stock of things to play off peoples needs aside from basic food and water. I have been seriously thinking of stocking up on tobacco, alcohol (shine), personal hygiene products like soap, toothpaste and feminine products, and some strong medication.
I'm in luck. My wife is all about it. So while I'm deployed she's at home stocking up on ammo and shopping for firearms.

Don't forget to stock up on toilet paper as well.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #60
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No I am not a crazy end of the world fanatic but more or less one who always likes to be prepared and find ways to ensure I have everything with me that I may need in case of an emergency/disaster situation. My thought is that we use this thread to feed off of each-others ideas of what we may need as well as ideas for modding our vehicles for the basic things we should/could carry. Although I have not necessarily modded my truck I would like to think of it as the ultimate B.O.B. (Bug Out Bag). Here is a list of items and locations of what I carry in my truck at all times....

1) I have a concealed carry permit therefore I typically have a firearm on me or somewhere in my vehicle. I have seen the console lock box mod and have been searching other ideas in which to make my own box.

2) My center console holds a leatherman, pocket knife sharpener, an o-light LED flashlight, floss, chap stick, bandana, weather depending gloves/beanie, and my bible.

3) My glove box holds a head lamp led light, fire starting materials, tp, napkins, safety glasses, sun glasses, and a state map

4) The under seat storage bin obviously holds the basic jack as well as tie downs, ratchet straps, a tarp, and miscellaneous parts for the truck such as u-joints and spark plugs.

5) The behind the seat storage bin holds ponchos, an extra jacket, a wool blanket, 5 gal zip lock bags, large zip ties, a first aid kit, plastic drop cloth, a collapsible fishing kit, insect repellant, large match sticks, a quart of oil, WD40, and several hundred feet of 550 para-cord.

6) Being in construction I have a large tool bag full of the essentials in my back seat.

7) My tool box holds a chain, jumper cables, muck boots, cloth rags, another first aid kit, an extension cord, umbrella, master locks, 3 ball towing hitch, trailer hookup adapter, mechanics gloves, nails, screws, several hundred feet of green mason twine, and some PVC and fittings for basic plumbing.

8) In my bed currently are 3 large tarps and a gas can

I would like to think I could get by for a few days in any situation but am anxious to hear your thoughts and ideas and see where this goes. As always I look for useful materials/tools as well as interesting mods such as the console vault and the mag light holder etc.
you forgot your tin foil hat

Products Discussed in this Thread