Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any fellow survivalists utilize their truck?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #981
915 is on a distinguished road
915's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 01-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #982
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
also if you are looking for a good concealment jacket, i use 511 tactical coyote tan agressor jacket. warm as hell and a ridiculas amount of pockets. but is like 275 $. paid 180 for mine of ebay
Old 01-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #983
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartx View Post
I don't think it's truly possible to have a serious discussion about all this without at least considering government (local, state, & federal) in the equation. As we've seen, older, now outdated and declassified, civil defense plans call for the seisure of transport (cars, trucks, boats, etc) for government use, along with the search, seisure, and redistribution of food, medical, and similar supplies.

Certainly newer plans call for this as well, potentially impacting anyone in this thread talking about working vehicles, food stocks, and related supplies. And, of course, events following Katrina suggest those newer plans might also include the seisure of weapons, which is related to this topic as well.

I don't think any of this is "politics," so not really a violation of the intent behind any such forum rule.
I have worked for the government for 13 years and annually review a shtf protocol. There are no such provisions in modern "red" plans. Course nobody believes me. Lol. We are also far less coordinated than Hollywood leads the GP to believe. Plus, I have seen what happens to agencies with the mere threat of a budget shortfall effecting paychecks, employees abandon ship like the rats they are. Point is, Uncle Sugar will not be there when you need him. Be patriotic; be self sufficient.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #984
Dave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDave333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 3rd SFG
Name: Dave
Dave333's Tacoma Gallery
Thread is still going strong...

Enjoying this. I too was contemplating a Serpa holster in the truck. I was thinking under the steeringwheel. I carry all day and was talking to the wife about how much of a pain in the ass it'd be to draw from strong side with the sport seats. At work, driver has a holster on the chest, so he can pull and point at his nearest threat which will be someone coming to the door. So I was thinking something for the Glock 34 where driver can draw quickly and a double mag of 30 rds. ea. screwed into the water bottle area of drivers side. If you've never fired live rounds through a windshield as you drive, it's a pain in the ass. The glass hits you, it's loud and you're rounds don't fly straight until you cut a good hole.

Finishing up my stereo install so while the plastic is apart I'll see what I can come up with.

As far as being able to survive with what I have, I know I can. Problem is I'm very rarely alone in the truck. Hence mine is built to get me and mine home.

Also, I just picked up my son the Urban Operator pack from Tactical Tailor. I got it in MultiCam and it is badass. They sew in VS17 into the interior. Great every day pack. http://www.tacticaltailor.com/packs_...-operator-pack. If you don't want to spend alot of money on a pack just for BOB but want one for multi use, I highly recommend it. It's big enough for a 1-2 day BOB and you can still use it for school/work/hiking/etc. you'll just have to take stuff out and back in. My son is in the 3rd grade and this bag will last him forever. They warranty their work for life.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #985
DCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
DCGirl's Tacoma Gallery
For "bug out" survival how many feet of 550 paracord would you want for survival??

I'm debating on how much to get for myself while also making some paracord keychains (4) and 4-6 bracelets for friends. Also anywhere you guys find legit mil spec paracord for a fair price? Been out of the Marines for a few years and it's painful to think what easy access I had to so many items that I now have to pay a lot for! Example a .50cal ammo can online can easily be $20+ w/shipping included. I picked one up the other day at a gun show for $8 luckily.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #986
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
I have worked for the government for (snip)
Sadly, there are now numerious agencies (at the local, state, & federal levels) involved in disaster and similar planning. Because of that, it's quite difficult to pin down a clear picture of what exactly is planned. There's no doubt grand government schemes (food delivery, etc) will likely fail, but that still leaves isolated, random, activities with little or no supervision.

Let me give an example. Following Hugo years ago, the town I lived in at the time imposed curfews, travel restrictions (blockades), and similar (to hell with civil rights), enforced by national guard personnel. Several days later, as neighboring communities dropped their restrictions, this town could not because the mayor, only one with authority to do so, had cleared out prior to the hurricane and had not yet returned. It was another two days before the mayor finally arrived to sign the papers. In the meantime, residents were SOOL - especially if they ran afoul of those national guard personnel.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #987
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave333 View Post
Enjoying this. I too was contemplating a Serpa holster in the truck. I was thinking under the steeringwheel. I carry all day and was talking to the wife about how much of a pain in the ass it'd be to draw from strong side with the sport seats. At work, driver has a holster on the chest, so he can pull and point at his nearest threat which will be someone coming to the door. So I was thinking something for the Glock 34 where driver can draw quickly and a double mag of 30 rds. ea. screwed into the water bottle area of drivers side. If you've never fired live rounds through a windshield as you drive, it's a pain in the ass. The glass hits you, it's loud and you're rounds don't fly straight until you cut a good hole.

Finishing up my stereo install so while the plastic is apart I'll see what I can come up with.

As far as being able to survive with what I have, I know I can. Problem is I'm very rarely alone in the truck. Hence mine is built to get me and mine home.

Also, I just picked up my son the Urban Operator pack from Tactical Tailor. I got it in MultiCam and it is badass. They sew in VS17 into the interior. Great every day pack. http://www.tacticaltailor.com/packs_...-operator-pack. If you don't want to spend alot of money on a pack just for BOB but want one for multi use, I highly recommend it. It's big enough for a 1-2 day BOB and you can still use it for school/work/hiking/etc. you'll just have to take stuff out and back in. My son is in the 3rd grade and this bag will last him forever. They warranty their work for life.

I wear their operator hats. For bags i go with camelback 3 day assault pack (black). Lasted me for 5 years of heavy use, not one tear.it also 3 times the size of a damn issue ACU(BLAH) AP .Also, for boots its all about merrell. they dont leave tactical boot prints in the woods. It means alot if someone is trying to track you( combat tracker course). much easy to hide in plain site than in camo. have u ever walked in a city with camo? u stand out like a sore thumb.

I toyed with the idea of a serpa under stering wheel. tried it. did not like. got in the way of my legs as i exited the vehical . also under the wheel is exactly where im trying to go for cover.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #988
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGirl View Post
For "bug out" survival how many feet of 550 paracord would you want for survival??

I'm debating on how much to get for myself while also making some paracord keychains (4) and 4-6 bracelets for friends. Also anywhere you guys find legit mil spec paracord for a fair price? Been out of the Marines for a few years and it's painful to think what easy access I had to so many items that I now have to pay a lot for! Example a .50cal ammo can online can easily be $20+ w/shipping included. I picked one up the other day at a gun show for $8 luckily.

make bracelets, wrap foregrips, boot strings, knife handles. do it all. If u got a camel bak wrap the hose, keeps it protected and comes in handy. BUY 1 roll. $60 bucks for like 500 feet i think
Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #989
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez View Post
(snip) I just spent the night in the woods on 588 acres and 25* weather. (snip)
Sounds good. Well, not the cold, but everything else. Anyway, I'm really not all that interested in survivalist-like preparedness, but I have tried camping with the very basics, using my ideas of what might be needed. In each instance, while most things worked out well enough, I did discover minor gaps, corrected in subsequent attempts.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #990
.45%er

Army:
oh and by the way. did you guys and gals know that our 2nd gen tacoma 4 doors are used by the quiet Professionals in trashcanistan? they do the door buzzer mod, obviosly no interior lights and other unamed by me mods? they chose the tacoma over the hilux, even though its more readly availible, becuase of its quietness. just saying. if its good enough for them, its good enough for me
Old 01-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #991
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
...much easy to hide in plain site than in camo. have u ever walked in a city with camo? u stand out like a sore thumb.
Most of the stuff that I have for my Bug out equip is black in colour. It's a basic colour so it's cheaper than camo, and it can be used for every day use without drawing unwanted attention.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #992
.45%er

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
Most of the stuff that I have for my Bug out equip is black in colour. It's a basic colour so it's cheaper than camo, and it can be used for every day use without drawing unwanted attention.
Indeed sir.....Indeed...Like
Old 01-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #993
DCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
DCGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
+1
Old 01-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #994
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
also if you are looking for a good concealment jacket, i use 511 tactical coyote tan agressor jacket. warm as hell and a ridiculas amount of pockets. but is like 275 $. paid 180 for mine of ebay
+1 Ive been looking for a good jacket with pockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
I have worked for the government for 13 years and annually review a shtf protocol. There are no such provisions in modern "red" plans. Course nobody believes me. Lol. We are also far less coordinated than Hollywood leads the GP to believe. Plus, I have seen what happens to agencies with the mere threat of a budget shortfall effecting paychecks, employees abandon ship like the rats they are. Point is, Uncle Sugar will not be there when you need him. Be patriotic; be self sufficient.
x1141341

Quote:
oh and by the way. did you guys and gals know that our 2nd gen tacoma 4 doors are used by the quiet Professionals in trashcanistan? they do the door buzzer mod, obviosly no interior lights and other unamed by me mods? they chose the tacoma over the hilux, even though its more readly availible, becuase of its quietness. just saying. if its good enough for them, its good enough for me
Ive got people over there right now and all they said see are hilux's
Afganistan and UAE.

Quote:
camo can draw unwanted attention. THats why i ditched my GI bag and got a coyote LAPG bag. Be the grey man and dont stand out. You dont want anyone else knowing what you have and trying to take it. OPSEC! however the internet and in person are a little different...I dont expect any of you to make it to my house and steal my shit

Lately Ive been stocking up on food preps and sealing them in the mylar bags with O2 obsorbers. I also ordered some of this freeze dried fruit. Its really good and I plan on getting more! I got the strawberries and bananas (large can) and its a TON of food.
http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/freezedriedfruits.aspx
Old 01-30-2012, 06:42 AM   #995
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thumbs up

Also im happy we have more people in this thread now
Old 01-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #996
Hittn' easy steet on mud tires
Jez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyZ View Post
Just thought you guys might be interested in this:

At 9pm et (I think) on February 7, national Geographic is starting a series called "doomsday preppers"... it looked interesting to me...

Here is a preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbgUZFHb9QY
I am sure the intent is to make us all look like a bunch of looney toons! The problem is that there are a lot of nut cases out there. I personally just like the idea of being prepared for any situation. It is a lifestyle that I choose to live and it is not because I am afraid of zombies or the Mayan calendar. Why not be someone who is able to care for their family rather than relying on others to do so.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #997
Jez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
[QUOTE=Zombie Runner;4458891]+1 Ive been looking for a good jacket with pockets

I found the perfect jacket at my local government surplus store. It looks very similar to the 511 and comes in green, tan, and black. I do not recall the brand but I will try and get over there again soon. They are $80 and very similar to the 511 tactical jacket with pockets all over.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #998

[QUOTE=Jez;4459146]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
+1 Ive been looking for a good jacket with pockets

I found the perfect jacket at my local government surplus store. It looks very similar to the 511 and comes in green, tan, and black. I do not recall the brand but I will try and get over there again soon. They are $80 and very similar to the 511 tactical jacket with pockets all over.
that would be awesome! I cant afford to pay 250 for a jacket! Im pretty sure 5.11 is made in vietnam anyways so idk why they charge so much!?
Old 01-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #999

Jez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave333 View Post

I usually clip my holster to the plastic lower dash under my steering wheel. it is perfect for a quick draw. I think I have a pic in my gallery?
Old 01-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #1000
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcayce View Post
I want to put stuff together for the Tacoma, but I'm more tempted to buy this truck, outfit it, then park it in a shed for when the day comes. Bad idea or good idea?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ARB-L...ht_19160wt_948

And I licked the fender so it is mine!
Wow that truck is awesome! Wish I had the money to buy something like that or the time to do it myself.

Products Discussed in this Thread