Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any fellow survivalists utilize their truck?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #1781
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
. . . Sub'd
Old 11-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #1782
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TacoDriver View Post
look like you sharpen your own knives....ive been wanting to do it and have the stone and leather for it but i dont know hom much pressure to use when pushing the blade down the stone? how hard to you press?
Not hard,let the blade do the work. Keep honing oil on it all over stone. Try to slowly shave the stone,watch the oil,you'll start shaving oil
Keep oil on stone,if oil gets dirty,wipe It off to keep stone clean.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #1783
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I use soft Arkansas stone,I need a large hard arkansa. Lay blade down and pull edge of blade to ya,start standing it up till ya start to shave. Then after several passes,do the other side,push edge of blade away from ya.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:52 PM   #1784
dont tread on me!

My grandfather was a trapper all his life in west Texas. This is how he showed me,I can shave my arm.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:31 PM   #1785
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone built a solar setup like this? I'm seriously considering it. I would double up on the batteries and panels but that's still only 20 amp hours. in the end I'd have a solar setup that would charge my phones and rechargable batteries, but not good for much more. Maybe a couple LED lights. Would be larger than a brunton-type setup but also much cheaper per amp.

Curious if anyone has done this and whether they thought it was worth it.

http://www.prepperlink.com/index.php...oject-ammo-can
Old 11-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #1786
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
thanks buddy and i have a nice gerber that i sharpened and i got it sharp enough to cut through the edge of a paper like butter and i can shave with it but im having more trouble with my smaller pocket knifes....maybe they just arent good enough quality to actually become sharp enough to shave
Old 11-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #1787
dont tread on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TacoDriver View Post
thanks buddy and i have a nice gerber that i sharpened and i got it sharp enough to cut through the edge of a paper like butter and i can shave with it but im having more trouble with my smaller pocket knifes....maybe they just arent good enough quality to actually become sharp enough to shave
Glad to help. What kind of stone ya using.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #1788
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
Glad to help. What kind of stone ya using.
honestly i have no idea what kind it is, its one that my dad has been having for years. all i could tell you about it is that its a smooth one

kinda looks like the one that you posted but without the brown streak down the middle
Old 11-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #1789
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Stamford Fire Department, Group 3 truck 3
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody using any GoalZero stuff for solar? They seem to get good reviews, just wondering if anyone had personal experience with it.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:28 AM   #1790
dont tread on me!

I've wanted to look into what's needed to back up my well with solar.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #1791
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
check out this site. Lots of good deals. there are some deals on solar as well

http://www.promotive.com/

you have to either be mil or gov but im already signed up so I can invite people, use this to sign up

http://www.promotive.com/invite/KevinE9
Old 11-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #1793
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Stamford Fire Department, Group 3 truck 3
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post

you have to either be mil or gov but im already signed up so I can invite people, use this to sign up

Ya..they give 50% off goalzero which is why I was asking...I got my optima off there....great site....
Old 11-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #1794
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post

Can you invite me. Blueitrgsr@gmail.com
Old 11-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #1795
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
Can you invite me. Blueitrgsr@gmail.com
invite sent. could you not use the link I posted?
Old 11-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #1796
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Then after I register injury to join a team correct?
Old 11-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #1797
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
I've got the one volume on how to make stills. I didn't know they were in electronic version. If you're familiar with the entire series,should I get all of them or certain volumes? I prfefer paperback.
Thanks.
I am fairly familar with them , I have found useful info in all of them so I can't really speak to which ones you would want you might find different things then I have.

Cypher
Old 11-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #1798
dont tread on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherian View Post
I am fairly familar with them , I have found useful info in all of them so I can't really speak to which ones you would want you might find different things then I have.

Cypher
Yea was thinking the same thing. My wife's going to shit if I get the whole series. Was wanting to get a replacement front bumper,those are months away.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #1799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
Then after I register injury to join a team correct?
yea you have to join a team to be able to get any discounts. I think thats where the invite helps. Not sure 100% though
Old 11-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #1800
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
Anyone built a solar setup like this? I'm seriously considering it. I would double up on the batteries and panels but that's still only 20 amp hours. in the end I'd have a solar setup that would charge my phones and rechargable batteries, but not good for much more. Maybe a couple LED lights. Would be larger than a brunton-type setup but also much cheaper per amp.

Curious if anyone has done this and whether they thought it was worth it.

http://www.prepperlink.com/index.php...oject-ammo-can
Thats not bad... I keep a 2.5w solar panel in my bob for charging phones and batteries. I just use the clamps to connect to a 12v car charger and I have phone juice. It doubles as a trickle charger for vehicle batteries as well. Its actually been propped up on my windshield wiper for a few weeks now. I dont drive the truck much anymore

I got it for $9 last black friday, and I believe they have them this year as well... http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...8629_200578629

Products Discussed in this Thread