Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any fellow survivalists utilize their truck?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #1781
If I can't get you out, neither can anyone else.
Darth Tater will become famous soon enoughDarth Tater will become famous soon enough
Air Force: MSgt, 22 yrs,
Name: Marlin
Darth Tater's Tacoma Gallery
Books, books, books!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
Yea was thinking the same thing. My wife's going to shit if I get the whole series. Was wanting to get a replacement front bumper,those are months away.
Find a used bookstore in your areas, and see if they have them. I found them at a store in Las Cruces, New Mexico. They are also available as PDF files, but are much too big to email. These are some good books, and teach us about a way of life that has almost disappeared.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #1782
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Tater View Post
Find a used bookstore in your areas, and see if they have them. I found them at a store in Las Cruces, New Mexico. They are also available as PDF files, but are much too big to email. These are some good books, and teach us about a way of life that has almost disappeared.
Yes sir they are. I may check the used stores first,thanks.
Wife shouldnt get pissed about me getting literature,right?
Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #1783
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by l SWAY l View Post
Good idea. I'm looking forward to seeing what you put in them.

first aid kit,
fire kit with lighter, matches, and 9 hour candle
simple hygene kit with deodorant, scope, hand sanitizer, tooth brush and paste, and wet wipes
folding gerber knife, carabiner, duct tape
poncho
hand warmers
ibeprofin, anti acid, and eye drops
some jerky and cliff bars
AAA led light and a AA light as well

also will have a AA headlamp. changing a tire in the dark with a handheld light sucks!

These will be kept in small packs that I got from wal mart. Ill get a pic of them later.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #1784
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Damn I missed this thread. So glad to be back on here and with a Tacoma again.

I have a regular cab now so I have to be smart with my survival gear and how I store it. A UWS box is in the works, as well as a bed rack...donations are more than welcome!

So far, first survival item is a Life Hammer. Haven't decided where I am going to mount it yet...but I have it. Saw those things save several lives at the FD.

Fink
Old 12-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #1785
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
Damn I missed this thread. So glad to be back on here and with a Tacoma again.

I have a regular cab now so I have to be smart with my survival gear and how I store it. A UWS box is in the works, as well as a bed rack...donations are more than welcome!

So far, first survival item is a Life Hammer. Haven't decided where I am going to mount it yet...but I have it. Saw those things save several lives at the FD.

Fink
maybe mount it on the B pillar between the seat belt and the pillar, that way the seatbelt kind of hides it but it would still be accessable
Old 12-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #1786
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
maybe mount it on the B pillar between the seat belt and the pillar, that way the seatbelt kind of hides it but it would still be accessable
That's almost exactly where I was thinking. Good call!

Fink
Old 12-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #1787
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
That's almost exactly where I was thinking. Good call!

Fink
I've been meaning to get one and mount it as well. My primary point I want to mount it is the center console area, probably on the sides of where the cupholder/shifter portion is.

My reasoning is regardless of what real-estate it takes up, if for whatever reason I am unconscious and I have a passenger, they can still get to it easily. The other reason is if I was t-boned it doesn't get mashed up somewhere, and yet another reason is I have seat side airbags (which can be turned off I believe) but those may inhibit me getting to it.

The best option is of course mounting one near both driver and passenger and maybe one for rear occupants (not an issue for reg cab), which may be pricey and overkill, but could be a defining line between life and death. So many scenarios.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #1788
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
I've been meaning to get one and mount it as well. My primary point I want to mount it is the center console area, probably on the sides of where the cupholder/shifter portion is.

My reasoning is regardless of what real-estate it takes up, if for whatever reason I am unconscious and I have a passenger, they can still get to it easily. The other reason is if I was t-boned it doesn't get mashed up somewhere, and yet another reason is I have seat side airbags (which can be turned off I believe) but those may inhibit me getting to it.

The best option is of course mounting one near both driver and passenger and maybe one for rear occupants (not an issue for reg cab), which may be pricey and overkill, but could be a defining line between life and death. So many scenarios.
I wouldn't mind mounting it on the center console - I like the rationale.

Fink
Old 12-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #1789
l SWAY l is a splendid one to beholdl SWAY l is a splendid one to beholdl SWAY l is a splendid one to beholdl SWAY l is a splendid one to beholdl SWAY l is a splendid one to beholdl SWAY l is a splendid one to beholdl SWAY l is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sway
l SWAY l's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks for the update.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #1790
Beavis Killer
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Have any of you seen this?
President to bypass Congress on semiautomatic weapons ban? | Fox News Video
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2005266599001/
Old 12-05-2012, 04:21 AM   #1791
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rardigo View Post
Have any of you seen this?
President to bypass Congress on semiautomatic weapons ban? | Fox News Video
http://video.foxnews.com/v/2005266599001/
I heard rumors. If this is for all semi autos,time to go get one.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:23 AM   #1792
Blueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueanimal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Firefighter/ EMT
Name: Matt
Blueanimal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I heard rumors. If this is for all semi autos,time to go get one.
It's "supposed" to be for semi's "easily" converted to full auto.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #1793
saaavage is on a distinguished road
saaavage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

heres most of my collection,all but the folders. includes 3 custom made don norton knives with custom made shieths from jasper georgia
whats that type of knife on the right called???
Old 12-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #1794
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
i think that is a leather working tool?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #1795
dont tread on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saaavage View Post
whats that type of knife on the right called???
The right knife is an ulu,by Knives of Alaska. It's great for fleshing,and in the kitchen.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #1796
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

first aid kit,
fire kit with lighter, matches, and 9 hour candle
simple hygene kit with deodorant, scope, hand sanitizer, tooth brush and paste, and wet wipes
folding gerber knife, carabiner, duct tape
poncho
hand warmers
ibeprofin, anti acid, and eye drops
some jerky and cliff bars
AAA led light and a AA light as well

also will have a AA headlamp. changing a tire in the dark with a handheld light sucks!

These will be kept in small packs that I got from wal mart. Ill get a pic of them later.
intersting, i need to start gathering supplies. i just got a 3day pack from LA police gear that i plan to use as a larger BOB and i have the small bug out bag from lapg also that i need to fill with more stuff

i never thought of beef jerky and clif bars though.

ive been thinking, i was going to get the adventure kits 2.0 first aid kit but though that it would be cheaper to get all of my own supplies, do you guys agree? im thinking of getting one of the molle first aid bags and putting it on the 3day bag
Old 12-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #1797
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
intersting, i need to start gathering supplies. i just got a 3day pack from LA police gear that i plan to use as a larger BOB and i have the small bug out bag from lapg also that i need to fill with more stuff

i never thought of beef jerky and clif bars though.

ive been thinking, i was going to get the adventure kits 2.0 first aid kit but though that it would be cheaper to get all of my own supplies, do you guys agree? im thinking of getting one of the molle first aid bags and putting it on the 3day bag
You could always buy a decent first aid kit and then add whatever you desire, i.e. tourniquet or whatever else. On the flipside if you buy all the items to make your own you can have bulk of different things in case you want to make extra kits or have extra to restock items as you use them up. The main thing to buying a premade kit at the store is convenience from making your own and maybe save a few bucks. Its always a good starting point to any additions you want to make.

For example, many purchasable kits come with only 1 set of gloves, and if you were to go ahead and buy a box of them, well you have plenty to use. Same goes for safety pins, gauze and other bulk use/quickly expended items.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #1798
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdevTac View Post
You could always buy a decent first aid kit and then add whatever you desire, i.e. tourniquet or whatever else. On the flipside if you buy all the items to make your own you can have bulk of different things in case you want to make extra kits or have extra to restock items as you use them up. The main thing to buying a premade kit at the store is convenience from making your own and maybe save a few bucks. Its always a good starting point to any additions you want to make.

For example, many purchasable kits come with only 1 set of gloves, and if you were to go ahead and buy a box of them, well you have plenty to use. Same goes for safety pins, gauze and other bulk use/quickly expended items.
yeah thats what i was thinking, it might cost more at first but then i have extra, idk i will make a list of what i think i will need and see what a comparable kit costs or something
Old 12-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #1799
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat View Post
This is a good thread, I was disappointed to have to read all the political BS. Survival prep really doesn't have anything to do with politics.
Survival prep... what are we "surviving?" Disasters... of which kind?

"Disasters are commonly categorized by their origin; natural or man-made. Most disasters investigated in the literature are natural disasters. Recently, however, industrial accidents have been categorized as disasters. The Bhopal gas release and the Che rnobyl nuclear accident are two examples of a man-made disaster. Forest fires (initiated by man) may be another example. "

I like to be prepped for ALL kinds of disasters, and it's important to know which type you're vulnerable to, as well as the problems and scenarios they bring. A huge volcano eruption would hurt Hawaii just as bad as some crazy trade embargo against the island... no? Know as much as you can about all the things that can hurt you and yours...

Glad Wallygator is still around! Keep posting dude, just be careful around the mods... sucks when they come down on some but not others... oh well!

Live to fight another day! SURVIVAL thread! woo hoo...
Old 12-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #1800
Badger of Death
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerAV View Post
A huge volcano eruption would hurt Hawaii just as bad as some crazy trade embargo against the island... no?
No.

A total blockade (I think that's what you meant) would definitely pose some serious problems, but I don't think the end result would leave the entire surface of an island burnt to a cinder, covered in ash, with lava flows to boot. That would seem to be a far worse disaster than a dock closure. That wasn't the best example, but I know you're point was about preparing for multiple types of realistic disasters, and I agree that's an important consideration.

Products Discussed in this Thread