Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Any fellow survivalists utilize their truck?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #1941
Yukon Cornelius
Rmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRmodel65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rmodel65's Tacoma Gallery
no a brick of 500 is about 60$ right now lol...if you are lucky you might find one for 20$ but i havent seen any for months...
Old 04-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #1942
rickc5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Rick
rickc5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericb View Post
If SHTF it is going to be funny. Millions of survivalists taking to the hills to fight over a couple thousand game animals and sources of water. Should make the woods and mountains look like rush hour in NYC. Comedic for sure.
Yep. Here in Colorado you are much better off staying at home with ALL your stuff compared to taking only one truck full and fighting off all the predators that will be also heading into the mountains. Most important resource here is water--there's just not much of it around.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #1943

rickc5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
Thinking about getting some of the prepaid meals from Wise Company - anybody ever bought stuff from them?

Fink
The food from Wise isn't bad, about the same as freeze-dried backpacking food was back in the 1970s. I tried some samples at gun shows awhile back--interesting what is offered at gun shows in Utah. For sure it would be better than having nothing, or a bunch of fresh food that will spoil before it can all be eaten.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #1944
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
They sent me a few samples. Amazing what they can get away with calling food. 8 need to look into the freeze drying process.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #1945
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Mountain House makes some palatable meals. Check them out at Walmart's camping section. I prefer their Rice & Chicken and Chicken Breasts & Potatoes. I wish they sold the chicken breasts in bulk. It's the best freeze dried meat I've had by far. It's a little more weight, but I like to split up a Rice & Chicken (not much chicken in the mix) and add a non-dehydrated pouch of chicken to it.

Definitely try a meal before you need to eat it. I tried a no-name freeze dried stew that ended up looking and tasting like chunky paste. I would've gagged it down on the trail, but otherwise, it wasn't for me.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:47 AM   #1946
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
bagged tuna, Salmon, etc are great. There are online places that sell the bulk meat too.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:51 AM   #1947
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
no a brick of 500 is about 60$ right now lol...if you are lucky you might find one for 20$ but i havent seen any for months...

I found it for $20 two days ago
Old 04-10-2013, 04:53 AM   #1948
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Sams Club
Old 04-10-2013, 05:58 AM   #1949
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
Wow - good find. Wish I had $850 laying around to get one. Maybe I can talk the girlfriend into splitting it.

Fink
Old 04-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #1950
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
BulkAmmo.com just got some Hornady Critical Defense 135gr JHP in. $49.75 for 50 rounds.

Fink
Old 04-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #1951

rickc5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
bagged tuna, Salmon, etc are great. There are online places that sell the bulk meat too.
Our favorite backpacking meal was Stove Top Stuffing with a can of chicken dumped in plus a bit of Tabasco for added flavor. Good stuff!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #1953
LaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedLaRue Shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LaRue Shooter's Tacoma Gallery

This actually became kind of a hobby for me for a while. The pack has everything I need to survive for at least 72 hours and stuff that can extend that indefinitely if I play my cards right.

-Three days worth of food/water bladder(s)(it holds two)
-Jetboil and extra can of fuel
-Tarp
-Emergency blanket/poncho which actually has a very important added benefit to be used under..."different" circumstances. Do your research
-Sleeping bag
-Tent
-Rain jacket
-Fleece sweatshirt
-Gloves
-Basic med kit and blowout kit
-Various tools and untensils
-Hedlamp and flashlight
-100' of Paracord and cams for securing tarps, etc.
-Glow sticks
-GPS unit, compass, maps
-Steripen and water tabs
-Hatchet
-Ammo
-E-tool
-Solar charger/batteries
-And my handy dandy blaster

The pack is made by Eberlestock and has a built-in rifle scabbard. Normally, this would be used to transport your big bolt gun, but in a bug-out situation, that's a very large and heavy item, so on a really bad day the blaster goes in there instead. If I have to, I will spike the bolt gun and leave it.

Also in the pics is a plate carrier with Level III body armor. I've actually been shot before, so I know it hurts. Want to prevent that from happening again if at all possible

I have one rolling tote that contains all of my conventional camping gear like burners, propane, lantern, bigger sleeping bag, self-inflating pad, bigger tent, tools, tools, tools.

A second one contains all of the stuff you see in the above pics, plus a Thermarest sleeping pad, ammo for whatever firearms I decide will work best for whatever situation, etc., etc.

There is a good amount of food also stored in the truck, along with another single burner, fuel and water purification stuff.
Other things that go along on longer camping outings are 7 gallon water jug, two 5 gallon gas cans, lightweight posts for erecting a shelter, etc. And don't forget TP and a shit shovel. That's good to keep in your vehicle anyway. Never know when that Dumb and Dumber bathroom situation will arise. Baby wipes, Rinse-free wash solution(not hand sanitizer. That shit dries your hands out something fierce).

Probably left a lot of stuff out, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

I'm not a crazy prepper type, but I am certainly prepared.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:21 AM   #1954
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmodel65 View Post
I just sold a brick of 550 rem golden bullets to a buddy for $25. He was about to pay 40 to another guy but I told him to hold off and I'd help him out.

Glad I stocked up last year
Old 05-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #1955
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Got myself stocked up on 9mm ammo (1,000rds for now) and bought a Mossberg M590A1. No rifle yet but I'm not really a rifle guy, anyway. Will have about 500 shells for the Mossy soon.

Slowly assembling stuff for my EDC, BOB and home stock. Waterproof matches, water purification tables, etc...

Fink
Old 05-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #1956
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
One approach to survival is to already live where you want to go. Who wants to die sitting in traffic? I chose living right on the edge of civilization and open land.

less people = less problems
Old 05-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #1957
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
One approach to survival is to already live where you want to go. Who wants to die sitting in traffic? I chose living right on the edge of civilization and open land.

less people = less problems

LA??? lol
Old 05-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #1959
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
LA =
Old 05-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #1960
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
LA??? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
LA =

Fink