No I am not a crazy end of the world fanatic but more or less one who always likes to be prepared and find ways to ensure I have everything with me that I may need in case of an emergency/disaster situation. My thought is that we use this thread to feed off of each-others ideas of what we may need as well as ideas for modding our vehicles for the basic things we should/could carry. Although I have not necessarily modded my truck I would like to think of it as the ultimate B.O.B. (Bug Out Bag). Here is a list of items and locations of what I carry in my truck at all times....
1) I have a concealed carry permit therefore I typically have a firearm on me or somewhere in my vehicle. I have seen the console lock box mod and have been searching other ideas in which to make my own box.
2) My center console holds a leatherman, pocket knife sharpener, an o-light LED flashlight, floss, chap stick, bandana, weather depending gloves/beanie, and my bible.
3) My glove box holds a head lamp led light, fire starting materials, tp, napkins, safety glasses, sun glasses, and a state map
4) The under seat storage bin obviously holds the basic jack as well as tie downs, ratchet straps, a tarp, and miscellaneous parts for the truck such as u-joints and spark plugs.
5) The behind the seat storage bin holds ponchos, an extra jacket, a wool blanket, 5 gal zip lock bags, large zip ties, a first aid kit, plastic drop cloth, a collapsible fishing kit, insect repellant, large match sticks, a quart of oil, WD40, and several hundred feet of 550 para-cord.
6) Being in construction I have a large tool bag full of the essentials in my back seat.
7) My tool box holds a chain, jumper cables, muck boots, cloth rags, another first aid kit, an extension cord, umbrella, master locks, 3 ball towing hitch, trailer hookup adapter, mechanics gloves, nails, screws, several hundred feet of green mason twine, and some PVC and fittings for basic plumbing.
8) In my bed currently are 3 large tarps and a gas can
I would like to think I could get by for a few days in any situation but am anxious to hear your thoughts and ideas and see where this goes. As always I look for useful materials/tools as well as interesting mods such as the console vault and the mag light holder etc.