Notices

WTF is this?

Old 11-01-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
Not So Smart...
Navelfunk will become famous soon enough

Name: Gym
Navelfunk's Tacoma Gallery
WTF is this?

It was behind the glove box and seemed to have no purpose at all, other than being a very small stash spot. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
WTF is this?-img_0424.jpg  
Old 11-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
damper for the glove box, attaches to the right side of it
Old 11-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
The Welfare Cadilac
Max-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedMax-4_Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
Max-4_Yota's Tacoma Gallery
This^^ its like a shock for your glove box
Old 11-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #5
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
damper for the glove box, attaches to the right side of it
Old 11-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
great pic!! So much fun to connect!
Old 11-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Marsey13 is on a distinguished road

Marsey13's Tacoma Gallery
Actually.....it's a POS, falls off, never stays on.........pointless IMO. Toyota should have forgot this and added lighting behind the 4WD switch. Would have been time/money better spent.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsey13 View Post
Actually.....it's a POS, falls off, never stays on.........pointless IMO. Toyota should have forgot this and added lighting behind the 4WD switch. Would have been time/money better spent.
Just buy the RCBS's lighted 4wd board that way you can't see the light from the switch anyway since it is behind the steering wheel.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Just buy the RCBS's lighted 4wd board that way you can't see the light from the switch anyway since it is behind the steering wheel.

I did, about a month ago. Just saying it would have been more logical for Toyota to have done that from the get.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
that actuator is a over-engineered piece of shit.
EXACTLY!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
It's like they said, a shock absorber for the glove box.

Mine wont snap back on to the dash. I just left it as is hooked on the side of the glove box. It's a truck not a Bentley, so I'm not expecting everything to be "dampened." I just open the glove box and hold on to it as it's opening.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #13
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
The hole on the end of the skinny shaft goes on the glove box. The hole closest to your ring finger goes on the post on the dash itself. The top hole, next to the base of your wrist, is not used.

Doesnt do much, but it does keep the glove box from slamming down too hard.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #14
WVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
WVTacoma08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Agree 100%. Total JUNK!!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #15
Not So Smart...
Navelfunk will become famous soon enough

Name: Gym
Navelfunk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the detailed explanation, nice to see the positive support. Yeah, it just kind of fell out when I opened the glove box all the way. I figured it was some kind of half-assed shock absorber thing after playing with it.
The list of better time/$$$ spent for this truck is rather long for the baby taco. I believe the options list was under 10 items. I could only think of the 4 I have: AT, XM radio, door sill logos, & daytime lights w/SRW. Bluetooth was available, but I don't care about talking on the phone in the car. I could have used PDL, PM, PW, A MUCH BETTER bench seat, & CC... No SR5 pkg. available. I live in Southern California for *$!*'s sake. Those are vital options to have here! Bitch bitch, moan moan... Still love my truck, though!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #16
08TacoTrD will become famous soon enough
08TacoTrD's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed the actuator is over engineered and the connector on the dash is woefully under engineered. Pop the actuator off a couple times to change/clean the cabin filter and it'll never stay attached again.