Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD or URD Short-shifter for 6-speed?

View Poll Results: TRD or URD short-shifter for 6-speed?
Toyota Racing Development (TRD) 2 40.00%
Underdog Racing Development (URD) 3 60.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
TRD or URD Short-shifter for 6-speed?

Price is a factor, I know, but what about quality?

URD claims to be more quiet, have improved gear engagement, and 44% shorter shift.

TRD says high strength-to-weight ratio (?), re-positioned pivot points, 30% shorter shift.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #2
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
I've had urd for a while, low noise, nice short throws. I have a b&m now and its the way to go if you can find one.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
bctune33 is a jewel in the roughbctune33 is a jewel in the roughbctune33 is a jewel in the roughbctune33 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Kyle
bctune33's Tacoma Gallery
I installed my URD short-throw shifter three months ago.
Love it and have not had any issues with it thus far.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw7 View Post
I've had urd for a while, low noise, nice short throws. I have a b&m now and its the way to go if you can find one.
Ahhhh, good point! I wish I could mod the poll to reflect a B&M SS.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=196730

^^^ Good Before/After pictures. Wow!

Expensive little buggers though. How do used ones hold up, and would they be worth the price tag?
Old 11-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
I put a URD on my last truck within the first few weeks I had it. Traded it in for my current truck with just under 60k miles with no major issues. Some question has come up about the reliability of the shifter. A few people have had the shifter ball break off inside the transmission.