What do I have or how to identify?

Old 11-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #21
nobackhair is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
nobackhair's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Bro where you at in tempe
You know where the UPS building is off Apache near 101? I'm on that back st. along the tracks.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:46 AM   #22
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNac22 View Post
thats why you do your homework before buying.
We never do enough homework for these situations. You always remember issues after the fact. I was patient and did a lot of reseach prior to purchase. I admit there were some red flags but they were't bad enough to avoid buying the truck. I got plenty for my penny. What would you have paid for what I got w/ 70K just short of ex. cond.?
Old 11-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RadiantRed View Post
Damn, you should bitch at him for lying. I would be freakin pissed.
I've left some not so friendly mess. on his v.mail.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Of you are worried about 1mpg you should have bought a Prius.

live via
More about dead weight. Just the facts dude.
1 MPG = gallon per tank
4 tanks @ month x 12 = 48 gallons a yr.
48 gallons = roughly $200.00 a yr.
HEY I JUST PAID MY INSURANCE PREMIUN FOR 6 MONTHS!
Maybe this seems a bit anal for some of you folks out there but when you get to my age.....Again dead wt. for me.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #25
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
A couple of us are pretty close if you need anyone to look at or help out with anything.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #26
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
What a fuck
Old 11-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
Yikes. You didn't take it to a mechanic, or test drive before you handed him a check?
That's a no. I feel, by my age, that w/ all I've been through and my own mech. abilities at this point, I know what to look, listen and even smell for. I guess I could have brought along a comp. tester. I did get by back dirty. Does that count. Of coarse I drove it. Is 20 miles enough?

I just signed on here yest. and it seems like there's a good number of, to put it mildly, smart a** on here. I've had 1 question and out of a 1/2 responces I've had 2 neg. ones. I thought this forum was to help each other. Anyway that's how i'm going to approach it.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:20 PM   #28
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobackhair View Post
That's a no. I feel, by my age, that w/ all I've been through and my own mech. abilities at this point, I know what to look, listen and even smell for. I guess I could have brought along a comp. tester. I did get by back dirty. Does that count. Of coarse I drove it. Is 20 miles enough?

I just signed on here yest. and it seems like there's a good number of, to put it mildly, smart a** on here. I've had 1 question and out of a 1/2 responces I've had 2 neg. ones. I thought this forum was to help each other. Anyway that's how i'm going to approach it.
Quote:
A couple of us are pretty close if you need anyone to look at or help out with anything.
^^^
Old 11-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #29
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you didn't pay more then like 16-18k. If you couldn't get the lugs off that pretty much means someone over torqued the lugs with an air gun. Air filter never changed means that it wasn't reg maintained since it was black on both sides. MPG is based on driving habits, i can get over 20+mpg if i drive like don't want to go anywhere. DK coilovers i have not idea? or do you mean DR? Just change the oil, plugs, filters, diff fluid. Radiator fluid (Toyota brand or equivalent), tranny flushed or dyi. Luckly our engines have chains instead of belts so no timing change yet. Check your serpentine belt too. every used vehicle i've bought, i've changed out all the fluids, i don't care how new it was, or how well it's been taken care of. A good wash and cleaning can hide just about everything.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #30
Quote:
Hey thanks! I'm sure you'll hear from me.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05sctaco View Post
I hope you didn't pay more then like 16-18k. If you couldn't get the lugs off that pretty much means someone over torqued the lugs with an air gun. Air filter never changed means that it wasn't reg maintained since it was black on both sides. MPG is based on driving habits, i can get over 20+mpg if i drive like don't want to go anywhere. DK coilovers i have not idea? or do you mean DR? Just change the oil, plugs, filters, diff fluid. Radiator fluid (Toyota brand or equivalent), tranny flushed or dyi. Luckly our engines have chains instead of belts so no timing change yet. Check your serpentine belt too. every used vehicle i've bought, i've changed out all the fluids, i don't care how new it was, or how well it's been taken care of. A good wash and cleaning can hide just about everything.
Paid 16. Lugs were all off at shops that tried to remove wheels. All any of them did was beat on the tires. I realized this was up to me. I was just quoting EPA mileage. I did say DK's . They're DR's. (2 1/2's). I also change all fluids and plugs. Being in Phx. requires considerations on different oil.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #32
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I don't think I was the one of two negative ones, but welcome to TW. Like everything else on the internet, you have to sift through a lot of crap to get to the good stuff. Don't be discouraged.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:03 PM   #33
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Its never fun to start a truck ownership fixing things, There is no Perfect Used tacoma out there. You just have to decide what your willing to do after purchasing the vehicle. I was ready to fix dings and dents, Change some fluids and tires. Anything else would have broken the deal for me. I found the truck and have changed what i need and is exactly what i wanted and i love it! To put it simply, You either buy a truck you love off the bat, or you buy a truck that needs love before she/he can love you back. Its still a Tacoma, its still a Toyota and im sure can still be renewed to its Great running sexy self! Good luck OP. Just do what i did, Tune up! Change fluids, Change Sparks, Change filters, Have it inspected and go from there.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #34
05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05sctaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ken
05sctaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Paid 16. Lugs were all off at shops that tried to remove wheels. All any of them did was beat on the tires. I realized this was up to me. I was just quoting EPA mileage. I did say DK's . They're DR's. (2 1/2's). I also change all fluids and plugs. Being in Phx. requires considerations on different oil.

i have the DR's also there the old Icon coilovers when they changed company names and ownership. Most people are around 18mpg. But being in Phx your relatively flat land. The DR's are great coilovers retailed for 1k new. It's good that you changed all the fluids and plugs, breaths new life into the taco.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
I don't think I was the one of two negative ones, but welcome to TW. Like everything else on the internet, you have to sift through a lot of crap to get to the good stuff. Don't be discouraged.
You know it. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
Its never fun to start a truck ownership fixing things, There is no Perfect Used tacoma out there. You just have to decide what your willing to do after purchasing the vehicle. I was ready to fix dings and dents, Change some fluids and tires. Anything else would have broken the deal for me. I found the truck and have changed what i need and is exactly what i wanted and i love it! To put it simply, You either buy a truck you love off the bat, or you buy a truck that needs love before she/he can love you back. Its still a Tacoma, its still a Toyota and im sure can still be renewed to its Great running sexy self! Good luck OP. Just do what i did, Tune up! Change fluids, Change Sparks, Change filters, Have it inspected and go from there.
You couldn't make it any clearer. I like what you said here.
In my book OP is old person. Proud to be a member.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #37
Banned
MAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: MISTER
MAN TRUCK's Tacoma Gallery

HAHAHA
Old 11-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #38
Banned
MAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAN TRUCK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AHAHAHA
Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #39
sippinoniceteaz is on a distinguished road
sippinoniceteaz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN TRUCK View Post

AHAHAHA
source? thats hilarious.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #40
Banned
http://i.imgur.com/MH6Gj.gif