Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What do I have or how to identify?

Old 11-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
nobackhair is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
nobackhair's Tacoma Gallery
What do I have or how to identify?

Just bought an 07 doub. door, 2WD long bed w/ 4.0. Not sure what it is exactly. Owner said it was TRD but he lied about so many things I'm not sure what it sold as. How can I find out? It has different wheels(16's to 20's) and struts were replaced w/ DK coil-overs.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Pics?

live via
Old 11-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Plug outlet in the bed?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #5
Sorry, no pics yet.
Mirrors are black. Bumper is chrome w/ black cap.
No plug outlet in bed.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobackhair View Post
Sorry, no pics yet.
Mirrors are black. Bumper is chrome w/ black cap.
No plug outlet in bed.
NOT a TRD truck.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #7
wannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
wannatoy570's Tacoma Gallery
Hood scoop?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #8
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
06RadiantRed's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, you should bitch at him for lying. I would be freakin pissed.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
thats why you do your homework before buying.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #10
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
lmfao

outlet in the bed?

hood scoop?

color of mirrors?

how about.... do you have a GIANT "TRD" sticker on the side of your bed?

Old 11-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #11
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Bummer.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #12
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessler89 View Post
lmfao

outlet in the bed?

hood scoop?

color of mirrors?

Yea, a sticker is gonna explain everything.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #13
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lmfao

outlet in the bed?

hood scoop?

color of mirrors?

Really? You can get stickers on Ebay for $15... A TRD sticker is not a definitive way to tell if the truck is a TRD Sport/OR.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #14
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Bro where you at in tempe
Old 11-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #15
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
it was still funny, you guys crack me up how you get all bent outa shape so easy
Old 11-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #16
When I asked him why he took off the Stikers he said he wanted his company logo sticker in that spot.
It's not that I wanted TRD. I didn't make that part of my interest in finding what I wanted. My basics were:
1. White in color
2. Crew cab
3. L. bed
4. 4.0 Auto
It had coilovers which I think work well w/ this setup. Nice 20's w/ Nitto all terrain. It only had 70,000 miles on it. Ad said it was well maintained. Maybe in Armorall. The air cleaner was black all the way thru. Stopped at a dealer and got a new one right off. Said he just changed the oil. It was kind of a dark amber. Asked if he was using synthetic or reg. oil he didn't know. Hmmmmm. Had some generic white oil filter on it. That's a big red flag for me. When I 1st got on the freeway I noticed vibration early. When I called him on it he said a rebalance will fix it, absolutely. So I stopped and Discount couldn't get the wheels off even w/ a 4 x 6. Stopped at 2 more shops. No luck. Drove home from S.Diego to Phx. spent the whole following day getting them off myself. Set the lugs at hand tighten and started banging the truck head on into a curb. I also used a 2 x 6 against the back of wheel hitting it w/ a good size sledge. Took all day but I'm a happy camper again. If you ever have to do this make sure you take the lugs off and spray anti rust the day before. I sprayed it just around where rim hits rotor to no affect.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #17

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it was still funny, you guys crack me up how you get all bent outa shape so easy
Old 11-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #18
Also I didn't want 4WD. 240 extra lbs., 1 MPG less and I don't need it.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #19
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Of you are worried about 1mpg you should have bought a Prius.

live via
Old 11-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #20

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobackhair View Post
When I asked him why he took off the Stikers he said he wanted his company logo sticker in that spot.
It's not that I wanted TRD. I didn't make that part of my interest in finding what I wanted. My basics were:
1. White in color
2. Crew cab
3. L. bed
4. 4.0 Auto
It had coilovers which I think work well w/ this setup. Nice 20's w/ Nitto all terrain. It only had 70,000 miles on it. Ad said it was well maintained. Maybe in Armorall. The air cleaner was black all the way thru. Stopped at a dealer and got a new one right off. Said he just changed the oil. It was kind of a dark amber. Asked if he was using synthetic or reg. oil he didn't know. Hmmmmm. Had some generic white oil filter on it. That's a big red flag for me. When I 1st got on the freeway I noticed vibration early. When I called him on it he said a rebalance will fix it, absolutely. So I stopped and Discount couldn't get the wheels off even w/ a 4 x 6. Stopped at 2 more shops. No luck. Drove home from S.Diego to Phx. spent the whole following day getting them off myself. Set the lugs at hand tighten and started banging the truck head on into a curb. I also used a 2 x 6 against the back of wheel hitting it w/ a good size sledge. Took all day but I'm a happy camper again. If you ever have to do this make sure you take the lugs off and spray anti rust the day before. I sprayed it just around where rim hits rotor to no affect.
Yikes. You didn't take it to a mechanic, or test drive before you handed him a check?