Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Window Tint Opinion??

Old 11-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #21
eddyb22 is on a distinguished road

eddyb22's Tacoma Gallery
heck ill figure it out.. but ill prob go darker than just matching them up.. love titn. and i could drive just fine at night with my 5%
Old 11-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #22
Turning the knob from H2 to H4/L4
Poke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to all

Poke Tako's Tacoma Gallery
OP, having 5% all around with 35% on windshield is awesome. But if I would do it all over again I would just tint the fronts with 35% to match the factory tints on the back.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #23
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Pull all the tint, 5% front and double 5% back. I don't like people looking in my truck.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #24
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyb22 View Post
Should i get 5% limo tint on my 07 access cab or just match the front two with rear??
Quote:
i might do 20 all over
Quote:
i never got pulled over when i had my 5% on my old truck.. really they dont pay much attention..
Quote:
i have a guy who does my inspection also.. i had limo on my old nissan frontier.. so idk what i want to do..
Quote:
heck ill figure it out.. but ill prob go darker than just matching them up.. love titn. and i could drive just fine at night with my 5%

So ... OP ...... how do you work out the day-to-day decisions in your life?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #25
eddyb22 is on a distinguished road

eddyb22's Tacoma Gallery
lol! i just do..
Old 11-01-2011, 10:07 PM   #26
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Matter of personal opinion I guess, but I personally matched the front two and very happy with the decision. I do notice I have to be more careful at night when I make turns - not sure if that would be worse with the limo tint.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:06 AM   #27
JRob33 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Barksdale AFB
Name: Josh
JRob33's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having my DC done tomorrow with 5% on all windows, 50% percent on the whole windshield, and 5% strip. I know its very illegal but all of my vehicles have been this way or darker and I like my privacy.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #28
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
wow. I cant believe people here actually tint their windshields dark. That sounds downright unsafe. And 5% all the way around? How do you drive at night knowing you are hindering your vision like that? Do not say you can see out at night with 5% tint - i've been in many cars with this tint and it is simply not safe after the sun goes down.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #29
JRob33 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Barksdale AFB
Name: Josh
JRob33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post
wow. I cant believe people here actually tint their windshields dark. That sounds downright unsafe. And 5% all the way around? How do you drive at night knowing you are hindering your vision like that? Do not say you can see out at night with 5% tint - i've been in many cars with this tint and it is simply not safe after the sun goes down.
50% really isn't that bad on a windshield at night. Most people wouldn't really don't even notice that it's tinted unless I tell them. It mostly helps during the heat of the day and keeps the glare down and heat out. I've ran 35% percent on a few vehicles and that can be sketchy at night and if I'm driving at night, 95% of the time its on well lit roads. I've had my autos this way for the last 13 years and do fine driving at night with it. Many people think its the dumbest thing ever but its what I like and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:29 AM   #32
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol! i just do..
That's funny shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zul View Post
I have to scratch my head on that one as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepidy View Post
limo tint has that cool factor although driving with it is a royal pain in the ass. IMO definately not worth it. My advise is to stay within your states tint limits and save yourself a lot of hassles with law enforcement.

"Cool" v. "safe" ......... I'll get back to you on that ....
Old 11-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #34
Easily Replaceable Member
elmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedelmo7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
elmo7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorrisvb View Post
So ... OP ...... how do you work out the day-to-day decisions in your life?
LOL!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #35
accesscab is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
accesscab's Tacoma Gallery
i have 5% on my front sides and eyebrow across front windshield top and 20% on my back side glass and rear glass.