Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just had alignment..WTF is this???

Old 11-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #41
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jammdogg View Post
Thanks Pugga! It was a Les Schwab alignment, and they just informed me it is a blown shock. They want to replace it with some brand I have never heard of, for ~400 installed.

So he is now looking at an RCD /Fox coilover setup for me. Supposedly new and not on RCD site yet. $490 for front. He is getting me a part # or type so I can present it to all of my friends here on TW to tell me if it is any good.

I would think almost anything is better than the stock coils with the spacer.....
Just as a baseline you can get a complete set (all 4 ) of Bilstein/RCD 5100's for $299 from Down South Motorsports.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #42
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Just as a baseline you can get a complete set (all 4 ) of Bilstein/RCD 5100's for $299 from Down South Motorsports.
this^^^^^^
Old 11-02-2011, 12:18 PM   #43
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
I'd help ya install a new set of coils if you want.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #44
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to get a second opinion just to be sure, an old trick was to squirt oil on the shock, then tell you it was bad so they could sell you something, but as you say you hit some hard.....
Old 11-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #45
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I've never known Schwabs to pull fishy tactics, but I don't think thats a shock.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:31 PM   #46
island is on a distinguished road

island's Tacoma Gallery
Shock oil
Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #47
jammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant futurejammdogg has a brilliant future

Name: James
jammdogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to jammdogg
So 5100's it is. They are ordering a set of 5100's for the front. I will use the stock springs for now, and likely replace them with OME or Eibach when I do the rear in the spring.

Not a bad price either. $300 installed. I wanted to order them from DSM, but schwab would not install them unless I purchased from them.

Again, thanks to TW nation for the help!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #48
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
It's not the CV boot, though those look like they could go at any time, otherwise it'd look like this. Definately the strut

Edit: I missed the party, didnt see the rest of the pages.....
Old 11-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #49
say NO to BRO!
jedrovsky is on a distinguished road
jedrovsky's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
look how bad the fins are touching! its gotta be the boot
his wheels are turned
Old 11-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #50
frequent reader
justin14200 has a spectacular aura aboutjustin14200 has a spectacular aura aboutjustin14200 has a spectacular aura about
Name: justin
justin14200's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure its something simple like wd40 or pb or liquid wrench... toyotas are notorious for having tight alignment bolts so he probobly hosed them down with a chemical to loosen the bolts to do the alignment...i work at a shop, we do it all the time
Old 11-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #51
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin14200 View Post
im pretty sure its something simple like wd40 or pb or liquid wrench... toyotas are notorious for having tight alignment bolts so he probobly hosed them down with a chemical to loosen the bolts to do the alignment...i work at a shop, we do it all the time
I'm pretty sure someone didn't read the entire thread.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #52
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's taco bell sauce, sometimes I run over those little packets on the road.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:12 PM   #54

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
I'm pretty sure someone didn't read the entire thread.
^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
wtf

on a serious not op thats really not looking good bud get that shit looked at asap.