Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Cut and Pulled Bedsides?

Old 11-02-2011, 11:09 AM   #21
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
all you do is get a 2x4, and a bottle jack, jack those bitches out and your golden, thats what i was going too.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #22
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudhawk View Post
Sorry I'm not made of money. I actually think if done right, it looks really good and very clean. And I'm not talking about doing it myself, if it does get done it will be done the right way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Cuz it looks like shit
if done correctly it can look like fiberglass.

cr250jumper pulled his on here
Old 11-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #23
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
all you do is get a 2x4, and a bottle jack, jack those bitches out and your golden, thats what i was going too.
You don't have to heat the metal or anything? I'd be worried with it dimpling/folding.

I guess if you just do it a little bit at a time, you could prevent that, but I'd still be nervous.

Fink
Old 11-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #24
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've thought about that too. I'm going to go to a shop and ask them if it's possible to pull the bedsides and still retain the stock flares, Just like the tundra I posted on here. I think it looks really good.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #25
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
if done correctly it can look like fiberglass.

cr250jumper pulled his on here
Thanks for the support
Old 11-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #26
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
I use to see that done all the time on Fords, but not so much anymore.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #27
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Another concern I would have is the ability to return the truck to a more stock look.

Can't very easily reverse that once you've pulled the trigger.

But either way, it does look good, and I agree that the Tundra looks badass.

Fink
Old 11-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #28
#texasforever

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
Another concern I would have is the ability to return the truck to a more stock look.

Can't very easily reverse that once you've pulled the trigger.

But either way, it does look good, and I agree that the Tundra looks badass.

Fink
Going back to stock is not really a concern. But youre right, once you pull them theres no going back. If i do pull them, it wont be very much, im thinking about 1.5-2", just enough to be even with the outside of my tires. That tundra looks sick
Old 11-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #29
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Seems a little extreme for having only 285's. It would also look kinda funny w/o front fenders to match IMO.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #30
#texasforever

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Seems a little extreme for having only 285's. It would also look kinda funny w/o front fenders to match IMO.
I know, it maybe a little extreme for only 285s, but who says I cant go bigger in the future Right now I'm just weighing all my options, if i find out that it can be done correctly and look good, ill get some mild fiberglass up front to match it.

(I remember reading something about glassworks coming out with some smaller flared fenders?)
Old 11-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #31
Wicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud of

Wicked 2007's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudhawk View Post

(I remember reading something about glassworks coming out with some smaller flared fenders?)
ya - i am awaiting the 2" rise 2" flares he (Tim) has been promising me all summer and that i paid for 6 weeks ago... don't hold your breath
Old 11-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #32
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 2007 View Post
ya - i am awaiting the 2" rise 2" flares he (Tim) has been promising me all summer and that i paid for 6 weeks ago... don't hold your breath
If Glassworks has anything going on at SEMA then there's a good chance a lot of orders got pushed until after the show in favor of SEMA prep. Could just be a case of bad timing.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #33
Wicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud ofWicked 2007 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
If Glassworks has anything going on at SEMA then there's a good chance a lot of orders got pushed until after the show in favor of SEMA prep. Could just be a case of bad timing.

that or low priority. their phone number is disconnected now if you call it. Tim claims they have been shipped on 2 different occasions. maybe if enough people inquire about them they will actually make them
Old 11-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #34
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I did mine but I didnt get it to bulge very much before it started to crease behind the rear wheel. If I cut the curve off the bottom i can get them out a lot farther. All with a bottle jack and a piece of wood

Before:

After:
Old 11-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #35
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
that or low priority. their phone number is disconnected now if you call it. Tim claims they have been shipped on 2 different occasions. maybe if enough people inquire about them they will actually make them
I had similar issues when I ordered from them a couple years back, including being told that they had already shipped when they had not even been made yet. The hand-made pieces always take forever; I just wish they'd be honest about lead times and delays.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I had similar issues when I ordered from them a couple years back, including being told that they had already shipped when they had not even been made yet. The hand-made pieces always take forever; I just wish they'd be honest about lead times and delays.

I couldn't agree more. I tell him that on the phone - to just be honest but he tells me how they shipped and went to the wrong address, shipped and got returned, etc.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:55 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
I did mine but I didnt get it to bulge very much before it started to crease behind the rear wheel. If I cut the curve off the bottom i can get them out a lot farther. All with a bottle jack and a piece of wood

Before:

After:
Looks great - got any more detail on the process you did?
Old 11-02-2011, 11:56 AM   #38

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I couldn't agree more. I tell him that on the phone - to just be honest but he tells me how they shipped and went to the wrong address, shipped and got returned, etc.
LOL he's got the excuse system down to a science. Coincidental that mine happened to ship twice to wrong addresses and got returned to them as well.

I didn't believe the story back then either.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:02 PM   #39
#texasforever

hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post

Before:

After:
That looks really good! So trimming the bottom of the fender behind the wheel well allows for more bulge before the metal begins to crease?
Old 11-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #40
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks great - got any more detail on the process you did?
You just want to wedge the bottle jack against the frame and put the piece of wood against the fender. Push it out until you hear some pretty gnarly popping sounds. Release the pressure and move the jack to a new spot and repeat. Each time you do this it will stay a little farther out. I also took a little piece of metal to put in the lower mount in front of the rear wheel to help hold it out