Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

v6 manual 13-14 mpg

Old 11-03-2011, 07:37 AM   #21
JimmyBuckets has a spectacular aura aboutJimmyBuckets has a spectacular aura about
JimmyBuckets's Tacoma Gallery
I just wanted to see if what I have been seeing is normal.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #22
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyBuckets View Post
I just wanted to see if what I have been seeing is normal.

I didn't see anything saying WHERE you are? I am in Southern California and the retarded gas blend as so little real gasoline in it, we get less miles than other places per gallon.

I filled up yesterday and for city/ hwy. combined was 15.7 mpg. This is with a corrected odometer with the 32" tires, however. I have gotten as little as 14.5 mpg around town driving.

It goes up anytime I am on only the highway... 18-19 mpg.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #23
JimmyBuckets has a spectacular aura aboutJimmyBuckets has a spectacular aura about
JimmyBuckets's Tacoma Gallery
I'm now in NC I think its a 10/90 blend...but a lot more city than before...but even before we moved I was usually seeing mid 15s.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #24
DSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to beholdDSMissed is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kerri
DSMissed's Tacoma Gallery
I am lucky if I see 15, I will see as low as 13 even when I think I'm driving nicely. 06 6 spd
Old 11-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #25
TACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to all

TACK's Tacoma Gallery
I get about 20-21 mpg, and that's in the summer with the a/c blasting. About 3/4 of my miles are on the highway.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #26
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACK View Post
I get about 20-21 mpg, and that's in the summer with the a/c blasting. About 3/4 of my miles are on the highway.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #27
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
It's all about your driving habits.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:06 PM   #28
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
Im getting the same here, maybe the cold weather. Only getting about 14-15 mpg both city/hwy, have done a whole lot of driving lately, went throught 3 tanks of gas in a week . With gas prices in canada $1.35 or $5 gal. Things are getting tight. Just got a tune up, replaced spark plugs and serpentine belt and filled up premium gas and added stp injector cleaner, didnt make a huge difference. Have to get my brakes done and tires soon.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #29
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzin View Post
Im getting the same here, maybe the cold weather. Only getting about 14-15 mpg both city/hwy, have done a whole lot of driving lately, went throught 3 tanks of gas in a week . With gas prices in canada $1.35 or $5 gal. Things are getting tight. Just got a tune up, replaced spark plugs and serpentine belt and filled up premium gas and added stp injector cleaner, didnt make a huge difference. Have to get my brakes done and tires soon.

Right... I did new plugs (30,000 mile service), a bottle of Techron, my tires are good and filled with air (on the high side), and driving habit aware (no jackrabbit starts)... and still 15.5 mpg consistant with my typical daily driving (3/4 city, 1/4 highway). It is my weekend highway trips that brings my average up (on Fuelly.com) to 16.5 mpg. On the highway, it really jumps up to 18-19 mpg.

I am pretty convinced it is the more accurate odometer with my newer tires... My old average daily of 16.5 was with the stock tires (and the speedometer read too fast). Now that the 32" tires put the speedometer right on, I 'lost' 1 mpg!
Old 11-04-2011, 08:22 AM   #30
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
prerunner
Old 11-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #31
TACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to allTACK is a name known to all

TACK's Tacoma Gallery
Is the gas mileage really that much worse with a 4x4?
Old 11-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #32
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a shame, manuals should not get that bad. On another note, I am getting around 22-24 with my 2.7 5 speed on the highway and 19-20 city. Truck is an SR5 Access Cab also.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #33

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is the gas mileage really that much worse with a 4x4?
Sure, we are heavier and have more rolling resistance. You will see most of us under 20 mpg max. and the 2WD are almost always over 20 mpg max. some posting 26 or better.

Also, a DC being heavier could get worse mileage than an AC or Reg. cab.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:35 PM   #34
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
Cold weather certainly doesn't help. My tank avg dropped to 18.8 on the UG today, ick!

Then again, most people don't have my patience, or planning skill I suppose. If I have any chance at all of dropping fuel flow without obstructing the normal flow of traffic I WILL do it. Drove the 'rolla today with a 1200 mile avg of 37.2 when I got in; an hour later, I had that to 37.7 mpg. Must just be the way I've learned to drive.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #35
ATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud ofATriplett513 has much to be proud of
Army:
ATriplett513's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the same truck. I get 13.5-15 in the city. The only time I get good mileage is on the highway.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #36
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyBuckets View Post
I have a 2010 Sr5 extended cab 4x4 all stock and have been seeing 13 to 14 mpg for the last bunch of tanks. I realize the manual is only rated 14 city and 18 hwy but this is pretty retarded. The truck has right under 10k miles on it. Anyone else seeing this with their manual v6? I got about the same mpg in my 04 six liter Chevy 2500. It would be one thing if this had the 5.7 in it...any ideas?
when mine was new it got about the same. With all the mods its gone from 16 new to broken in 18, mods 16 - pizza cutters 18.5 and that's corrected for tire size. So lay off the gas keep it under 2500 rpm, around 2000 if you can it will get better. also plugs, air cleaner, ect helps a lot.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #37
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
http://ecomodder.com/

I highly recommend this site. There are Tacomas on here getting an average of 35mpg+ without any external mods, but instead just simple changes in driving habits. Perhaps the info on here could help push your 4x4 V6 into the 20's range.

Personally, we're shooting for an average of 35mpg+ with our I4 and 25mpg+ with our V6.

One example is the wider your rims, the worse the fuel mileage, so if you went from stock 7" to after market 9", prepare to see a drop in mpgs.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #38

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPib View Post

I highly recommend this site. There are Tacomas on here getting an average of 35mpg+ without any external mods, but instead just simple changes in driving habits. Perhaps the info on here could help push your 4x4 V6 into the 20's range.

Personally, we're shooting for an average of 35mpg+ with our I4 and 25mpg+ with our V6.

One example is the wider your rims, the worse the fuel mileage, so if you went from stock 7" to after market 9", prepare to see a drop in mpgs.

By doing what... I will look at your link... but in a nutshell, please.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #39
ignorance is bliss,
tacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st MLG, 7th ESB,Alpha Co.
Name: Josh
tacoman007's Tacoma Gallery
i get pretty much the same thing. sucks.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:29 PM   #40
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPib View Post

35mpg that's BS! unless is falling out of the sky. Just one more time 35MPG wait santa is at the door & the playboy girls have to give me a bath so I will be back soon