Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bed cover that will allow me to use this bike mount?

Old 11-02-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
parkp81 is on a distinguished road

Name: Fil
parkp81's Tacoma Gallery
Bed cover that will allow me to use this bike mount?

I am considering a bed cover, that would allow me to retain my bike mount as shown below. It is currently mounted to the front bed rail. My main concern is that it might be sticking up too high to even allow a cover to fit over the top? Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Bed cover that will allow me to use this bike mount?-1085-2.jpg  
Old 11-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Toyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Tech31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Toyota Tech31's Tacoma Gallery
Well, first let me apologize, for i have no input as to your question, but i have a question of my own. Where did you get that bike mount? What brand is it? And good luck with your question.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
You MIGHT be able to use that with a roll up, but you would have to take it off to roll out the cover. Don't know of any cover that sits up that high. Turn it upside down.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #4
plurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shedplurpimpin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
plurpimpin's Tacoma Gallery
I think your only chance would involve cutting and modifying a cover... and even then you might just waste a perfectly good bed cover
Old 11-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
what they said. i dont think there are any that would allow you too without cutting or completely removing every time. what would you need the cover for? i ask because i got one and though i would use it a lot more but now i dont use it like i thought. if you really want one you could get a hard cover and get a custom mount made to mount the bike on the cover
Old 11-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #6

parkp81's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Tech31 View Post
Well, first let me apologize, for i have no input as to your question, but i have a question of my own. Where did you get that bike mount? What brand is it? And good luck with your question.

Mount is from rockymounts.com
Old 11-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #8

parkp81's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
what they said. i dont think there are any that would allow you too without cutting or completely removing every time. what would you need the cover for? i ask because i got one and though i would use it a lot more but now i dont use it like i thought. if you really want one you could get a hard cover and get a custom mount made to mount the bike on the cover
Im looking to use it to protect things in the bed during rain, also would like something with some sort of security, but yet simple and allows me to use the entire bed when needed.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:20 PM   #9
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkp81 View Post
Im looking to use it to protect things in the bed during rain, also would like something with some sort of security, but yet simple and allows me to use the entire bed when needed.
oh okay. have you thought of a toolbox? i know it doesnt give full access to the bed but it still leaves most unless you have a short bed. you could mount the bike mount you have to the tool box which i see a lot of people do
Old 11-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #10
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
I think that the best option will be to unscrew those little lateral screws and install it in a horisontal way... If u already own them... If not, look for another with lock, there are plenty of them!