1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Broken arm rest you say? Why not get a new trim panel for free?!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Chris135, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Nov 2, 2011 at 5:43 PM
    Chris135

Chris135 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCLB SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged Bilstein 5100 shocks in front OME 885 coils Icon 1.5"aal 16" fj cruiser Trd rims 285/75/16 duratrac tires 1.25" spidertrax wheelspacers (4) Tinted front windows Grillecraft upper grille Custom Trd boxside decals Allpro front bumper Piaa 510 fog lights Box mounted ammo can Rear diff breather BHLM Tinted front windows Rolltop tonneau cover Hand controls (for wheelchair users)
    Hey everybody. Just thought i would share my experience with Toyota with you. About a couple weeks ago my drivers arm rest broke while i was on the highway. That week i took it in hoping they would switch out the arm rest, and if not hey it wouldn't be hard to fix it. But much to my surprise they claim you can't order the armrest separate.....so they said they could order a whole new trim panel!! Hell yeah Toyota, one of the few times i've been happy with the service at the dealership.

Even better i asked if i could just take it home and install it myself. I was told they're not supposed to do that but they would let me. So today after work i drove on over, signed a work order saying they did the work while they loaded a brand new trim panel still unopened in box into my truck for me.

It's almost a shame as i know its going to get scratched and gouged in no time just like my last one because of my wheelchair. I actually thought about selling it but that just seems like more of a hassle than anything.

Just thought i'd give a short write up on my positive experience with the dealership. Now without further a due i give you pictures of my FREE trim panel! (I apologize for the poor quality, they were with my phone)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nov 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    Oat

Oat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    Gibson Exhaust, Painted factory steel wheels, Chrome wheel caps, K&N Air intake, Tint, Regular Bilstein (yellow/blue) all around, Leveling spacer kit upfront, Partially de-badged, Westin Bullbar with skidplate, White, Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    You can't take your own parts home to install them yourself? maybe i misunderstood but thats messed up.

3. Nov 2, 2011 at 5:52 PM
    mattg43

mattg43 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner SR5 DC
    SwingCase, driver side. PVC Bike rack. Aftermarket stereo.
    Probably not for warranty or complimentary replacement. Pay for it, and they dont care.

4. Nov 2, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    zul

zul Professional Goofball

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, Color-matched Grille, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails, RokBlokz mud flaps WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Steel bed cage
    Very cool!

5. Nov 2, 2011 at 5:55 PM
    Chris135

Chris135 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Regina,Sk
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma DCLB SR5 TRD Sport
    Debadged Bilstein 5100 shocks in front OME 885 coils Icon 1.5"aal 16" fj cruiser Trd rims 285/75/16 duratrac tires 1.25" spidertrax wheelspacers (4) Tinted front windows Grillecraft upper grille Custom Trd boxside decals Allpro front bumper Piaa 510 fog lights Box mounted ammo can Rear diff breather BHLM Tinted front windows Rolltop tonneau cover Hand controls (for wheelchair users)
    Yup I should have clarified. This was warranty work, i bought my truck last december so its still under comprehensive warranty. They say they're supposed to complete the warranty work but allowed me to take it home anyways, much to my liking.

Products Discussed in

To Top