Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Broken arm rest you say? Why not get a new trim panel for free?!

Old 11-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
Chris135 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Chris135's Tacoma Gallery
Broken arm rest you say? Why not get a new trim panel for free?!

Hey everybody. Just thought i would share my experience with Toyota with you. About a couple weeks ago my drivers arm rest broke while i was on the highway. That week i took it in hoping they would switch out the arm rest, and if not hey it wouldn't be hard to fix it. But much to my surprise they claim you can't order the armrest separate.....so they said they could order a whole new trim panel!! Hell yeah Toyota, one of the few times i've been happy with the service at the dealership.

Even better i asked if i could just take it home and install it myself. I was told they're not supposed to do that but they would let me. So today after work i drove on over, signed a work order saying they did the work while they loaded a brand new trim panel still unopened in box into my truck for me.

It's almost a shame as i know its going to get scratched and gouged in no time just like my last one because of my wheelchair. I actually thought about selling it but that just seems like more of a hassle than anything.

Just thought i'd give a short write up on my positive experience with the dealership. Now without further a due i give you pictures of my FREE trim panel! (I apologize for the poor quality, they were with my phone)

Old 11-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
You can't take your own parts home to install them yourself? maybe i misunderstood but thats messed up.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
mattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattg43 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
mattg43's Tacoma Gallery
Probably not for warranty or complimentary replacement. Pay for it, and they dont care.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
Chris135 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Chris135's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
You can't take your own parts home to install them yourself? maybe i misunderstood but thats messed up.
Yup I should have clarified. This was warranty work, i bought my truck last december so its still under comprehensive warranty. They say they're supposed to complete the warranty work but allowed me to take it home anyways, much to my liking.