Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Curious about the ECU learning your driving habits

Old 11-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
Toyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyoghi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Shoghi
Toyoghi's Tacoma Gallery
Curious about the ECU learning your driving habits

Hey Guys,

So, I was just thinking, and I am curious about the whole idea of the ECU learning your driving habits. I have only gone through one tank in my brand new truck, the gas that was filled up by the dealership, and I got about 19mpg. So, I was pretty happy with that, but I did drive like a grandpa haha.

My questions is, if the ECU learns that I drive like a grandpa will it not let me pick up fast when I want to? Will it always pick the lower shift points? Are you better off driving it like crazy at the beginning, and then starting to drive like a grandpa later to save gas?

Not a huge deal, just was curious and thought I would ask the TW experts!