Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toytec 1.6" Lift Springs w/ stock billies

Old 11-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
WickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran of 1st Battalion 3rd Marines
Name: Aaron
WickedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec 1.6" Lift Springs w/ stock billies

Hey gents, can I run this setup without damaging my truck? I have the rear TSB done and want to lift the front end a bit. I've read up on the 5100 but I'd rather let the springs share the load versus letting the shocks do all the work. I know there are some pretty savvy off road gurus here who could give some great advice. I have an '11 DC 4x4 TRD OR and I go off-road often but here in FL so no extreme crawling. Mostly sand, mud, and the occasional hill or dip. Would this be a smart idea? I want to stick to cost under 200+alignment etc. Thoughts?
Old 11-02-2011, 08:58 PM   #2
Boost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to allBoost JuNkY is a name known to all

Name: Billy
Boost JuNkY's Tacoma Gallery
I have those springs with the 5100s. You can run it on stock shocks but its a bit too stiff for em IMO.
If youre on a budget, just run the 5100s with your OR springs. I was running sport springs w/ 5100s at first and liked it.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
WickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedWickedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran of 1st Battalion 3rd Marines
Name: Aaron
WickedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, Boost!