Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Noise for heater fan

Old 12-15-2009, 10:27 PM   #41
fehrski is on a distinguished road
fehrski's Tacoma Gallery
RE: TSB for Blower Motor Sqealing/Ticking Noise

The previous part number was: 87103-04040.
The current part number is: 87103-04041.
In Canada anyway.
Hope that helps.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #43
NorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to beholdNorthXNorthwest is a splendid one to behold
Army: Tanker 3/7Inf, 3ID---25A 1-82 CAV, Bend OR
NorthXNorthwest's Tacoma Gallery
Noticed the ticking when I was home too. It immediatley drives one nuts, like I was driving a beat up old hooptie or something. Looking to do the fix when I get back or have the stealership replace the blower.

Mine is the quit "ticking" not really the cricket on crack yet....
Old 12-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #44
mountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant futuremountain lion has a brilliant future
mountain lion's Tacoma Gallery
Great write up here guys...if you're out of warranty, clean out the assembly with some electrical or MAF sensor cleaner and add some grease if you want. I didn't add grease and it hasn't come back either.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...p-low-fix.html
Old 11-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #46
fltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to beholdfltacoma is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Munitions systems craftsman
Name: daniel
fltacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fehrski View Post
I have a 2006 TRD Double Cab with the awful, extremely annoying ticking, high pitched sound coming from the fan motor. It sounds likes there's a cricket inside the vents. I have had the fan motor replaced once already, but the sound came back again after about 6 months. Today was the last day of my extended warranty coverage and I took it in to the dealership and fully expected them to tell me that it was probably just a leaf that got in or that it wouldn't be covered under warranty - that's what this dealership told me the first time it happened and I brought the truck in to them. But, after they diagnosed it I got the good news that they are going to order me a new fan motor and that it would be covered by my extended warranty! I was actually shocked! It was to the point that I didn't want to go on any road trips because the noise would literally drive me insane! Anyways, I saw that the service guy had a Technical Service Bulletin on the problem and I asked him if I could have a copy of it so I could share it on here. So, to make a long story short...

November 18, 2009
Technical Service Bulletin: BLOWER MOTOR SQUEAL NOISE AT LOW AMBIENT TEMPERATURES
Models: '05-'10
"A newly designed blower motor has been made available to improve this condition."

Thank goodness they're finally making a new fan motor to remedy this annoying problem!

thats wierd, cause my 2011 tacoma that I bought in february this year is making the same squeaking noise on the low setting for the heat? Very interesting......newly designed motor my ASS
Old 12-12-2011, 04:41 AM   #47
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
did they expand the TSB to include the 2011 with the new -43 motor?
Old 12-12-2011, 06:15 AM   #48
JeffW is on a distinguished road
JeffW's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested in this also. I have a new 2011 with just 3000 miles and this noise has started at times when I have the fan on the low setting, goes away when you turn the fan up.At the moment the noise is low. I'm wondering if I can expect over time for the noise to get louder and more irritating. It doesn't do it every time the fan is turned on yet. I'm afraid that if I take it to the dealer they will just say we couldn't get it to make the chirp. Should I wait for it to get worse or take it in and get it on record that there is a problem.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #49
rolex12n is on a distinguished road
Navy:
rolex12n's Tacoma Gallery
I have read on other sites about the same problem with the clicking fan. Buy an after market non OEM fan and use that, people report that it fixes that clicking sound. I have the same problem and thats what I'm going to to do.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #50
WVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVTacoma08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
WVTacoma08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
did they expand the TSB to include the 2011 with the new -43 motor?
Yes...I have an '11 & just got it replaced this week. The chirp was only on the low setting & was horrible
Old 02-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #51
Old as Dirt
Markcape is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Fleo
Name: Mark
Markcape's Tacoma Gallery
Blower fan clicking on low

I have that same issue. Pulled cabin filter last night. Found some debris and large pine needles on top of filter. Cleaned fliter.Noticed filter was not seated level, tilted low/down on left towards blower. The pleats on the filter were in line with the tab rails. I rotated filter 1 turn, so pleats were opposite rail mounts and re installed filter. Seems better and level in housing. Clicking gone. Let's see if this holds.
Mark/Cape Cod
Old 02-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #52
Old as Dirt

Angry Blower fam chirping

Didn't work!!! I'm just going to turn up the tunes or turn up to speed 2.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #53
Old as Dirt

Had the blower motor replaced today under warranty. Be sure it is the update part...87103-04043. Dealers had part in stock due to complaints 2011 models. Local dealership in Hyannis, Ma. very helpful. Quiet now. Good luck!