Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Noise for heater fan

Old 11-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #1
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
duckcmdr's Tacoma Gallery
Noise for heater fan

Both my 2006 tacos have this tic/clicking noise that comes from the heater/ac fan when set on the first 2 settings. I read the one thread about this and it said clean out in cadin air filter. I didnt think the tacos had one inside the cabin. Anyone have any ideas.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
my 07's been doing this lately so i was going to try and see what my dealer says about it. i have a brand new cabin air filter in it so that's definitely not my issue. hope we can get this figured out because that 'clicking' and 'chirping' on the first and second setting is annoying as hell to me!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:15 PM   #3
If it flies it dies!!
duckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shedduckcmdr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
might check for the cabin filter?
i know it is on the 07's for sure !
just open the glove box all the way and look to the left back at the duct work and should see if you have one?
but real easy for it to suck in in pine needles and leaves if no filter to block it

Hey thanks just found the filter and damn that thing was nasty had pine needles and helicopters in there. I removed the filter and the noise disappeared. I'll be getting a new filter. Thanks i hope this solves the problem.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #5
If it flies it dies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckcmdr View Post
Hey thanks just found the filter and damn that thing was nasty had pine needles and helicopters in there. I removed the filter and the noise disappeared. I'll be getting a new filter. Thanks i hope this solves the problem.

Well i drove about ten miles and the noise came back. Man that is annoying. I will have the dealer look at it wednesday when i take it in for the suspension TSB.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Ok I'm lost. Can someone tell me how a dirty filter will cause ticking. Come on, it has to at leat be in a metalic location to be the route of the cause.

Not bashing, just found this whole theory far fetched.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #7
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
ok
he said his filter was clogged right
how about when he took t out some crap fell down?
sounds like the filter had been in there for a very long time ;-D
and some crap is hitting the fan from before
he did say it was a 06
The in cabin filter is behind the glove box. So if the AC/Heater fans are in the cab then I guess its possible. Still I have been driving without a glove box due to tunning an all, and see that whole section, dont see any fans back there. Just trying to figure if this could even be possible.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #8
If it flies it dies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Ok I'm lost. Can someone tell me how a dirty filter will cause ticking. Come on, it has to at leat be in a metalic location to be the route of the cause.

Not bashing, just found this whole theory far fetched.
Left out the part that i cleaned all the crap out of there. pine needles leaves etc. Damn thing started chirping again after ten miles anyway. I had a o6 AC 4x4 trd off-road and it did the same thing. I'm up for any other theories. Hell if anything i learned that there was a filter in there.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #9
If it flies it dies!!

Quote:
The in cabin filter is behind the glove box. So if the AC/Heater fans are in the cab then I guess its possible. Still I have been driving without a glove box due to tunning an all, and see that whole section, dont see any fans back there. Just trying to figure if this could even be possible.

Pull your filter out just below the filter is a fan or squirrel cage
Old 11-10-2008, 09:35 PM   #10
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
Pull your filter out just below the filter is a fan or squirrel cage
Ahh.. Ok.

Oh well hope you can solve your prob. Sorry to barge your post, just never heard of this fan...

Good luck
Old 11-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #11
If it flies it dies!!

Quote:
Ahh.. Ok.

Oh well hope you can solve your prob. Sorry to barge your post, just never heard of this fan...

Good luck
Hey Rox your not bargin in thats what these threads are for. This is how s#!t gets figured out. Its all good
Old 11-10-2008, 09:48 PM   #12
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
since nobody is replying to the other cabin filter thread ill post here too

i went to see how dirty my filter is, but i think its missing.. is it supposed to slide in here? or do the 05's not have a filter
Old 11-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #13
If it flies it dies!!

Quote:
i had a american iron and got some crap in the squirrel cage
and would make the ticking noise, i would play with the fan speed and would come and go , it was just moving the leaf around in there
wound up taking the fan out to clean the ductwork

don't think that could be done easy on the toyota though

and if wondering was a 64 comet cyclone and could see all the duct
Yeah its a bit tight in there.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:52 PM   #14
If it flies it dies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
since nobody is replying to the other cabin filter thread ill post here too

i went to see how dirty my filter is, but i think its missing.. is it supposed to slide in here? or do the 05's not have a filter

Yeah mine just slide in over the top of the fan. wonder where yours went??
Old 11-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #15
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
my fan has a supercharger on it. maybe it blew thru the vents
Old 11-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #16
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I've read on some other posts that some of the 05's didn't come with filters installed As for the ticking noise, I have it too. I've tried replacing the filter. Still did it. Took the fan out to see if something was stuck in it, but no luck. So I cleaned out the immediate duct work, but no leaves or anything came out. Still the noise is there. So last weekend, my dad drove the truck and I was in the passenger seat. I could barely hear it. It is much more noticeable from the driver's seat for some reason. Next, I think I'll drop the fan again and run it to see if it makes the ticking by itself.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:32 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
My Fan was doing the same thing. Took it to Toyota and they swaped out the fan. No more noise. It was sounding like some Cricket on crack. Alot of chirping, and clicking mixed. I thought I read somewhere that there was a TSB on this issue?
Old 11-11-2008, 03:39 PM   #18
If it flies it dies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
My Fan was doing the same thing. Took it to Toyota and they swaped out the fan. No more noise. It was sounding like some Cricket on crack. Alot of chirping, and clicking mixed. I thought I read somewhere that there was a TSB on this issue?

we'll see what the dealer says tommorrow. going in for the rear tsb and that cricket on crack. I'' keep everone posted.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #19
Gerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud ofGerry Pope has much to be proud of
Gerry Pope's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anyone ever get a filter from logical-source.com. They have them for $3.62 each. they claim that the filter is to oem specs? sound to good.

I ordered from them. The filter is to OEM spec. Works and fits just fine..