Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can you... Put a '12 lower front bumper on a 05-11?

Old 11-03-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think anyone can even answer this since no one actualy has a '12 yet..
Old 11-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
i dont think anyone can even answer this since no one actualy has a '12 yet..
alot of people have the 12's on here.

and there was a thread a little while back talking about it, they think you might be able to but would have to change some things. but no one knows for sure yet
Old 11-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #4
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the mounting points may be totaly different. who knows

Old 11-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #6
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the mounting points may be totaly different. who knows

from this it looks like the main problem would be around the fogs. other than that it looks like the main points are the same
Old 11-03-2011, 07:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeeton View Post
alot of people have the 12's on here.

and there was a thread a little while back talking about it, they think you might be able to but would have to change some things. but no one knows for sure yet
Really? I havent seen any
Old 11-03-2011, 07:09 AM   #8
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Are you guys blind? The parts of the bumpers on the ends with the fog lights are the same level on each, because that's where the fenders(same on both styles) stop and bumpers start. '05-'11 bumper dips down at the grill, '12 bumper bumps up. The '12 bumper and grill also extend a lot further forward than previous. I would bet the mounting is all the same, but it would required a lot of cutting/fiberglassing/fabbing to make them fit next to each other or even look right.

This was the same issue on the late model S10s and Sonomas.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:09 AM   #9

I guess someone does have one
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...f-my-12-a.html
Old 11-03-2011, 07:17 AM   #11
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
How about the hoods? I like the 2012 TRD Sport hood! From the pictures they seem to have the same lines.

Hey Coastalboy, how about those 2012 mirror covers?!?!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:19 AM   #13
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
How about the hoods? I like the 2012 TRD Sport hood! From the pictures they seem to have the same lines.
no, the hump in the middle is a little more pronounced and it's not cut the same where it meets the grill.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:54 AM   #14
4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dane
4x4Taco09's Tacoma Gallery
No. Can't just swap bumpers

But bet you could swap the hood, fenders, lights, grill, and bumper. You may need to swap the core support as well not sure. But most makes when they change just the front end (mostly) it will all swap over
Old 11-03-2011, 11:29 AM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
no, the hump in the middle is a little more pronounced and it's not cut the same where it meets the grill.
Damn! The new hood looks great in my opinion. I wonder who's going to be the first to attempt a full front swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalboy View Post
will know on the 11th .. one more week .. ill be there
Old 11-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #16
TwizzTaco2012 is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG
Name: Frank
TwizzTaco2012's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I like my '12 the way it is!! haha!! I'm not messing with it on that level. Not yet anyways... I haven't even had my first oil change. Besides, where the bumper meets the grill, its totally different. The area where the headlights meet the grill and bumper, that little triangle area, is different than the 05-11.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #18
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
i still think the 2012 front end is ugly. i wouldnt want to swap. just my 2 cents
Old 11-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #19
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you want to swap bumpers with a 2012 Tacoma? They are ugly as fuck, 05-11=best looking second gen
Old 11-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #20
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalboy View Post
will know on the 11th .. one more week .. ill be there
I'm putting this in my calendar, and if it doesn't happen I'm a comin with my pitch fork!