Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Avid Off Road Front Bumper for 2nd Gen 6lug

Old 11-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Avid Off Road Front Bumper for 2nd Gen 6lug

Yesterday I picked my tube bumper from Avid Off Road. This bumper is based on the bumper Avid made for OUTKAST (Josh). I have added hoops above the headlights those complete the look and should protect the whole front of my truck. The bumper is made of steel tubing with steel skid plate. It should withstand some serious abuse. The build time was 3weeks, hand build in USA not by little kids in China... I am very satisfied with the quality and fit and finish of the bumper. Thumbs up to Avid!

Now for some pictures...

Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
now you need some mean ass tires to set that look off
Old 11-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Good price most likely HREW but that's fine for most people I'm more of a DOM dude lol
Old 11-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
Good price most likely HREW but that's fine for most people I'm more of a DOM dude lol
HREW? DOM? lol
Old 11-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
Haha, x2, doubtful it's solid steel bar
Old 11-03-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMazz365 View Post
HREW? DOM? lol
Hot Rolled Electric Welded

Drawn Over Mandrel

2 ways of making round metal tubing, one has a seam, one does not.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #7
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Haha, x2, doubtful it's solid steel bar
Sorry... LOL of course its not solid steel. Its just a steel pipe and yes its mandrel bent.

Ok edited 1st post to satisfy you guys
Old 11-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #8
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hot Rolled Electric Welded

Drawn Over Mandrel

2 ways of making round metal tubing, one has a seam, one does not.
DOM does in fact have a seam you just can't see it because if the finishing process. Seamless tubing is big bucks.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #9
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of support are behind the skid?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #11
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxRome View Post
now you need some mean ass tires to set that look off
x2, those H/Ts look weak! Wicked bumper though, if you get bored with it, send it my way
Old 11-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #12

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
Sorry... LOL of course its not solid steel. Its just a steel pipe and yes its mandrel bent.

Ok edited 1st post to satisfy you guys
We know what you meant, it's steel and it's solid in the sense that it's very sturdy I've always heard Avid makes some good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
DOM does in fact have a seam you just can't see it because if the finishing process. Seamless tubing is big bucks.
Damn, do I at least get an A for effort?
Old 11-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #13
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
x2, those H/Ts look weak! Wicked bumper though, if you get bored with it, send it my way
The pathfinder H/T's are the biggest pieces of shit tires I have ever had on any vehicle I owned. Tires are next on the list...

I LOVE the bumper, no way its going off my truck anytime soon
Old 11-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #14
Nom Nom Nom

Quote:
We know what you meant, it's steel and it's solid in the sense that it's very sturdy I've always heard Avid makes some good stuff.
I am going to blame it on English being my 2nd language