Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

LED light bar

Old 11-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
LED light bar

Trying to wire the reverse lights. gives me a posi wire to run the the reverse lights but where do I run it to?
Old 11-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTaco07 View Post
Trying to wire the reverse lights. gives me a posi wire to run the the reverse lights but where do I run it to?
I'm no electrician but I think we'll need some more information.

Are you wiring these to a relay? Are they going to be able to be powered anytime, or only when the truck is in reverse? Does it have a harness with it? Pics?

Fink
Old 11-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
take the two 10mm bolts out of the side of the tailight
pull the tail light off
where the bulb for the reverse light is there are two wires, one red and black and one white.
tap into the red and black wire
check to make sure it lights up. :thumsbup:
Old 11-05-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
pull the tail light off
where the bulb for the reverse light is there are two wires, one red and black and one white.
I took all the bolts off the side but it still seems like its held on by something?
Old 11-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
pull the tail light off
I think he has this handled...I'll just sit back and read.

Fink
Old 11-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #6
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I took all the bolts off the side but it still seems like its held on by something?
there are two 10mm bolts, one on top and one on the bottom. once there out its held in with two clips, just lightly tug and they will let go.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #7
Super Mod!

I just need to know how to take the tailight off. I took the bolt that he said to take off off but its still being held on by something
Old 11-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #8
Motorboatin' SOB

Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just need to know how to take the tailight off. I took the bolt that he said to take off off but its still being held on by something
That's the easy part for me.

After the two bolts are out, just pull on them gently and they should end up popping out with a little negotiating.

Fink
Old 11-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #9
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
this\/
Quote:
there are two 10mm bolts, one on top and one on the bottom. once there out its held in with two clips, just lightly tug and they will let go.
and this \/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
That's the easy part for me.

After the two bolts are out, just pull on them gently and they should end up popping out with a little negotiating.

Fink
Old 11-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #10
Super Mod!

Okay i got it out and i found the wire. Am I supposed to splice or how should I go connected this rascal?