Notices

2012 seat belt chime disable

Old 03-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #21
wvgoofy is on a distinguished road

Name: scott
wvgoofy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodbanshee View Post
What happens if I was to unplug the electrical connectors under the front seats? Would this cause any problems? I noticed there are like 3 connectors under the driver seat and 4 connectors under the passenger seat and they are different colors. Anyone know witch one is for the seatbelt chime? Maybe could connect a jumper to one of thge plugs.
I made a seatbelt blank out of 1/4 plastic and just plug it in and leave it
Old 03-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #22
loves black taco
cool hand luke is on a distinguished road

cool hand luke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvgoofy View Post
I made a seatbelt blank out of 1/4 plastic and just plug it in and leave it
gosh darn it buddy you're a geene ee us

ps... thats not sarcasm
Old 03-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #23
dusman is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
dusman's Tacoma Gallery
uh... really nobody has chimed in with these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-TRD-E...item23168f2e4a
Old 03-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #24
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusman View Post
uh... really nobody has chimed in with these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-TRD-E...item23168f2e4a
Page 1

My dealer eliminated the chime fo free! light still blinks on the dash, but no beep beep beep beep
Old 03-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #25
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by leveltwo View Post
Page 1

My dealer eliminated the chime fo free! light still blinks on the dash, but no beep beep beep beep
x2 did that awhile ago
Old 04-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #26
Jackass to the masses
cvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcvillechopper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cvillechopper's Tacoma Gallery
I figured it out, I think.

Turn key to on position
Push dash button until ODO shows
Turn key off
Push dash button and hold
Turn key to on position and fasten driver's seat belt

I got a couple beeps (kinda like it was saying "Got it") then nothing.
Turned the key off, started her up and drove to the mail box and back. It gave one reminder beep after about 1 minute of driving but didn't beep again in the ~4 min I drove. Might not be the total fix but it'll do for the time I need it (after getting the mail and going hunting).

Somebody try this and let me know if I got it right or if I did something else without realizing it.

EDIT:
Nope. I unhooked the belt about 1/2 mile from home today and got the beeping. Must be speed sensitive or something. I could care less if it beeps when I'm over 15-20 mph cause I never have it off then but I can't stand to have it beeping when i'm just driving down the 1/10 mile dirt road from the mail box.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:55 PM   #27
Stevenson is on a distinguished road
Stevenson's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ I want to try this but want some confirmation before I start messing around with my new truck. Haha
Old 04-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #28
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosesplus View Post
Has anybody found a fix? It's driving me nuts.....
Yeah wear youre seat belt
Old 05-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #29
walleyeguy is just really nicewalleyeguy is just really nicewalleyeguy is just really nicewalleyeguy is just really nice
walleyeguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Corleone View Post
On the 2012, the correct way to disable the seatbelt chime is to take it to the dealer and have the dealer use the Toyota scan tool to disable it. I work for a Toyota dealer and did it myself. It took all of about 5 minutes to turn it off. There may be other ways, however, this is the easiest way and you don't have to worry about inadvertently disabling something else.
Vito,

I'm going to drop my truck off soon for Toyota Care Maintenance. I asked the dealer over the phone if they can turn the seat belt chime off. The dealer stated that if its in there they can turn it off if not their is nothing they can do. Are they referring to the scan tool to disable it or is there something else I can tell/mention to them to ensure this gets done on my '12?
Old 05-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #30
mbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura aboutmbrogz3000 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Matt
mbrogz3000's Tacoma Gallery
Take it to the dealer and ask to use their techstream diagnostic software to do it for free.

Its a simple techstream software customization option, and I believe one of the only two for the Tacoma (other being the door lock beep, I haven't had to cable up lately so I forgot the available menus). Takes only 1 minute.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #31
Sunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunburst is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: RC
Sunburst's Tacoma Gallery
I had my dealership turn it off before picking it up on the original purchase, no problem.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #33
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Gibson View Post
1-Go to salvage yard
2-Locate Toyota
3-Cut seatbelt fastner off
4-Insert the fastner in your truck
good luck finding a taco in the junk yard
Old 08-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #34
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you who had the dealer turn off the seatbelt chime on the 2012's, did it affect anything else? Would the door chime work if the keys were left in the ignition, or are they the same part? What about any other warning sounds?
Old 01-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #35
Got2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryder
Got2ryde's Tacoma Gallery
Everything works fine. It's a factory option, and the default is set to on. They can and will turn it off. Just reference your owners manual. Can't remember what page but its in there.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #36
Southern Member
tachoman is on a distinguished road

Navy: EM1, USS Lexington CVT16
Name: Frank
tachoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2ryde View Post
Everything works fine. It's a factory option, and the default is set to on. They can and will turn it off. Just reference your owners manual. Can't remember what page but its in there.
I can't find it...
Old 02-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #37
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2ryde View Post

no, it is not in the manual. that is why you cannot remember it

dealer can turn it off, or you can connect your own techstream and
flip it

edit: the part that says see dealer is there, the exact procedure is not
Old 02-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #38
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
just follow the steps it works great i do it every time i disconnect my battery. my biggest issue is that i tap my brake without thinking about if the brake is touched it will not work.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ing-chime.html
Old 02-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #39
oldtommyboy is on a distinguished road
Navy: ordinance
Name: tom
oldtommyboy's Tacoma Gallery
It is in the manual for a 2012
Old 02-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #40
Southern Member
tachoman is on a distinguished road

Navy: EM1, USS Lexington CVT16
Name: Frank