Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 seat belt chime disable

Old 02-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #41
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
I found a really easy solution

Put the damn seat belt on

I do it not just because it's a law here in Florida (serious, you'll get pulled over and ticketed for it), but I've actually seen with my own two eyes someone ejected from a car in an accident that wasn't wearing a seat belt.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #42
oldtommyboy is on a distinguished road
Navy: ordinance
Name: tom
oldtommyboy's Tacoma Gallery
Customizeable options-page 518
Old 02-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #43
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtommyboy View Post
Customizeable options-page 518
if this was in previous manuals tell the year and model

In 2013...this is what the manual states

and it is page 481 and 484, not 518.
manual says see dealer for it

in other words, what to do is in the manual > see dealer
but exactly how to do it, is not.

Customizable features
Your vehicle includes a variety of electronic features that can be per-
sonalized to your preferences. Programming these preferences
requires specialized equipment and may be performed by an autho-
rized Toyota dealership.

Some function settings are changed simultaneously with other functions
being customized. Contact your Toyota dealer for further details.

■Customization that can be configured at Toyota dealer
The vehicle speed linked seat belt reminder buzzer can be disabled.
(Customizable features →)
Old 02-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #44
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
if this was in previous manuals tell the year and model

In 2013...this is what the manual states

and it is page 481 and 484, not 518.
manual says see dealer for it

in other words, what to do is in the manual > see dealer
but exactly how to do it, is not.

Customizable features
Your vehicle includes a variety of electronic features that can be per-
sonalized to your preferences. Programming these preferences
requires specialized equipment and may be performed by an autho-
rized Toyota dealership.

Some function settings are changed simultaneously with other functions
being customized. Contact your Toyota dealer for further details.

■Customization that can be configured at Toyota dealer
The vehicle speed linked seat belt reminder buzzer can be disabled.
(Customizable features →)
Dealer connects to the OBD2 Connector and turns the chime off on the drivers seat, passenger seat or both.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #45
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
Dealer connects to the OBD2 Connector and turns the chime off on the drivers seat, passenger seat or both.
I think I am being clear that the manual does NOT SAY HOW TO DO IT

it only says SEE DEALER

the point I am trying to make is you cannot do it by dicking with the doorknob and ODO, at least not in 2013

I fully agree the manual says see dealer

-you can also go it with a techstream and techstream cable and use the menu

-or connect with a read/write standard OBDII and flip the seat
belt register from 61a7c0 to 61a700...this is what I did to my Tacoma and seat belt alarm is now silent
Old 02-05-2013, 04:01 AM   #46
Scince this op was about 2012 , i didnt think it was nessassary to state my truck was a 2012,sorry. Also its a trd offroad and glad its.on a different page in your m anual. B ut dont call me a liar dude.i can read a page number.in my manual its page 518 and i never said it would tell you how to disab le it.andx you can just cut a plug out of plastic and plug it in.
Peace
Old 02-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #47
JerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Jerry
JerryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
So good news is that a dealer will turn it off, but sometimes you may have to go about it very tactfully.. I was going for a test drive with a tech for an unrelated issue, stopped by the coffee shop and paid for his drink.. Then on the way back, I started talking about how annoying the chime was, and without even asking, he said "don't worry man, while I am working on it, I'll go ahead and turn it off for you"Woohoo!! no more beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeppppp beep beep!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #48
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder View Post
I found a really easy solution

Put the damn seat belt on

I do it not just because it's a law here in Florida (serious, you'll get pulled over and ticketed for it), but I've actually seen with my own two eyes someone ejected from a car in an accident that wasn't wearing a seat belt.
I agree.

why would folks want to disable a reminder that may save their life?
Old 02-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #49
lots of reasons,think about it.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #50
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
show us the short list
Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #51
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
why would folks want to disable a reminder that may save their life?
show us the short list
I wear my seat belt everywhere I go.

I have to lean out of my truck to make a deposit at the ATM, and it takes a minute. Yesterday, my seat belt beeped over and over while I was signing the back of my checks. I could have sat there with my seat belt on, but I didn't want to since I was reaching around, getting my wallet out of my back pocket and a pen.

Also, EVERY DAY when I get to work, I have to reach out of my window and swipe a key card to enter the parking lot. I can't get my wallet out and swipe it with my seat belt on. I then drive around the parking lot for about 30 seconds looking for a good spot while my seat belt chimes. There's no point in putting the belt back on to drive 5 mph in a parking lot. It's annoying.

Do you want to continue being difficult, or do you want to contribute something to the discussion without worrying why someone wants to do something that doesn't affect you?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #52
AdrenlineJunky is on a distinguished road

AdrenlineJunky's Tacoma Gallery
will any aftermarket OBD II scanner tool work?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #53
JerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Jerry
JerryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Got my truck back from the dealer, and the chime is GONE!! It doesn't beep at all for either the driver or passenger seat.. The seat belt light still flashes, but that is nowhere even near as annoying as the beep..

Anyhow, I do wear my seatbelt 95% of the time, but doing mountain bike shuttle runs, and anything else where you are in and out of the truck, well it is just annoying to have to have the belt on in order to not hear the noise.. But thanks to the dealer, it is now a thing of the past!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #54
Good deal.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #55
swampcreek is on a distinguished road

swampcreek's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't anyone own a dog? My dog sets that dang thing off all the time when she rides up front! When I go in for my first service I'm getting that done!

Hey oldtommyboy, I see your Navy insignia reads "Ordinace", I was a Gunners Mate from 1984 till 1990, mostly Reserves but still did a whole Winter at RTC/NTC Great Lakes...Reserve time was Beach Masters.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #56
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenlineJunky View Post
will any aftermarket OBD II scanner tool work?
No.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #58
TexasCub is on a distinguished road
TexasCub's Tacoma Gallery
First thing I did on my 2013 was pull the spring from the drivers seatbelt mechanism and disable that damn seatbelt chime, drives me nuts when your on 15 miles of gravel road with a dozen locked gates to go through.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #59
cleveland48 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
cleveland48's Tacoma Gallery
^x2. This is why I want mine turned off u don't need it at 5 or 10 mph and its hell unlocking all the gates. But I just called dealer and they said they weren't allowed to do it. So off to find another dealer
Old 03-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #60
TexasCub is on a distinguished road
TexasCub's Tacoma Gallery
It's so easy to do. Look at the side of the metal bar the buckle is attached to , there's a little slot. You stick a small screwdriver in the slot and it will release the black sensor piece , slide it down away from the buckle. When you pull it out there's a white plastic two prong deal with a small spring in the center. Remove spring reinsert sensor carefully lining it back up inside the buckle and push it back up in place , done. Did it in les than a minute from start to finish. There's a thread on Tundra Solutions in the 2nd gen Tundra how to's with pics.