http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...eatbelt-chime/

Old 04-04-2013, 06:02 PM   #62
Rossi396
Rossi396 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: A-10A Phase Maintenance
Name: Tony
Rossi396's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Guys:

Quick question for those in the know or who work at the dealerships...I had my truck in this week for 10K service. I asked if they could silence the alarm and they said they would. When I signed for the truck, they advised that they couldn't do it. "Some trucks you can change and some you cannot, yours is one we can't change."

That make sense to anyone? They basically told me there's no option when using the scan tool to shut it off.

I may try some of the other methods here to get it silenced. I take my dog out almost daily for a run in the woods and I'm nearly ready to shoot the dash..

Thanks,

Rossi
Old 04-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #63
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi396 View Post
Hey Guys:

Quick question for those in the know or who work at the dealerships...I had my truck in this week for 10K service. I asked if they could silence the alarm and they said they would. When I signed for the truck, they advised that they couldn't do it. "Some trucks you can change and some you cannot, yours is one we can't change."

That make sense to anyone? They basically told me there's no option when using the scan tool to shut it off.

I may try some of the other methods here to get it silenced. I take my dog out almost daily for a run in the woods and I'm nearly ready to shoot the dash..

Thanks,

Rossi
does it beep or honk when you lock/unlock the truck? Beeping is just the keyless entry system and you can't turn off the beep unless you remove the module that makes the beeping noise. If it honks then it might have a dealer add on alarm and they should be able to make it silent without having to use the scantool
Old 04-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #64
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjimenRR View Post
does it beep or honk when you lock/unlock the truck? Beeping is just the keyless entry system and you can't turn off the beep unless you remove the module that makes the beeping noise. If it honks then it might have a dealer add on alarm and they should be able to make it silent without having to use the scantool

He is talking about the chime ( Ding Ding Ding ... ) when you drive with the seat belt not buckled.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:46 AM   #65
poppeye is on a distinguished road
poppeye's Tacoma Gallery
I did a writeup on how to do this:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ethod-diy.html

Did mine on 2013, but I'm pretty confident it will work on your 2012. This is a DIY of the way the dealership will do it, only difference being the dealership will have a fancy program to enter these same commands.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #66
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
I went to the dealership today for 25,000 mile service. I asked the service tech to disable my seatbelt chime, and he said it was impossible because it is safety related. I told him others have done it using codes, and he said "Well no, I didn't mean impossible, I just don't think we can do it". Then he got another tech who was happy to do it.

The light still blinks, but there is no beep. Score.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #67
Rossi396
Hi, Guys:

The beep on lock/unlock is not the problem and is actually programmable. (I already disabled the beep. Quite annoying at 5:30 A.M. on the way to my treestand).

My question is specifically about the ability for the dealership to do it. They claim that there are some trucks where it is impossible to do because it's not listed in the computer. As for buying the code reader and typing in commands, I don't think I'm comfortable doing it. I just need to know whether or not to call BS on the dealer..

Thanks,

Rossi
Old 04-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #68
Jaws9760 has a spectacular aura aboutJaws9760 has a spectacular aura about

Jaws9760's Tacoma Gallery
My dealership agreed to turn it off but when they tried, it didn't work, they said the commands weren't available for the seat belt or the keyless entry chime. I did more cruising around TW and decided I was too cheap to buy a component to talk to the taco.

I did the seat belt buckle mod on my 2013 DCLB TRD Sport, Dad's 2012 DCLB TRD Sport, and Mom's 2007 Pontiac Vibe (they were made in Toyota factories). I got all of the chimes disabled without disabling the airbags. (the Vibe was a pain, PM me if you need that info.)
http://www.toyotatundraforum.com/gen...skyhammer.html

^^The Skyhammer thread has excellent pictures but is WAY over complicated. I pushed in the tab with a tiny screw driver and pulled the circuit down, if you look at it, you can see the spring from one side. I used the screw driver to pry the spring out and kept in case we wanted to reverse anything. Then you just poke the circuit back into the buckle. There's no reason to take it apart any more than shown in the second pic in the Skyhammer thread. Also, I just reclined the seat, you don't need to take the damned thing out of the truck - the driver's sides take less than 5min.

The passenger side was a little weird. On both mine and my dad's trucks, I ended up taking the passenger side apart twice in order to make the airbag light indicate properly. I literally just did this so I wish I had paid more attention, basically, I had to jigger with it a little - I know, technical term.

The white plastic bit has a magnet for closing and opening the circuit and I got the airbag light to behave by starting the truck and then running the plastic bit up and down (the airbag and seat belt lights change), then shutting the truck off and repeating for a few times. It only takes a couple of times and then it functions properly, which is to say that there is no beeping and the airbag is on if there's enough weight in the seat.

I tried it with Pa and the Dog and it all looked good.

I'll keep an eye on all the airbag lights but I'm satisfied. I still think having the dealership do it is the smartest but, had my dealership succeeded, they said they would have charged me $81. I called another dealership who offered to do it for $57 but said that if the first guys couldn't manage it, that they probably couldn't either - they mentioned that trim packages can affect whether or not those commands are available.

It sounds smarter to get a component as y'all are discussing but I'm a cheap ass and I was impatient so this worked for me. Good luck everyone, those chimes are annoying.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #69
Jaws9760 has a spectacular aura aboutJaws9760 has a spectacular aura about

Jaws9760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCub View Post
It's so easy to do. Look at the side of the metal bar the buckle is attached to , there's a little slot. You stick a small screwdriver in the slot and it will release the black sensor piece , slide it down away from the buckle. When you pull it out there's a white plastic two prong deal with a small spring in the center. Remove spring reinsert sensor carefully lining it back up inside the buckle and push it back up in place , done. Did it in les than a minute from start to finish. There's a thread on Tundra Solutions in the 2nd gen Tundra how to's with pics.
Hey man, thanks! Yours was the post that made me try it and I am so happy, worked like a charm. I ended up doing all the rigs in the house, no one has to listen to that damned beeping ever again!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #71
Rossi396
Thanks, Jaws.

FWIW, my dealership offered to do the update to the chime for free during my 10K service...

Rossi
Old 04-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #72
tacoman2 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
tacoman2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi396 View Post
Thanks, Jaws.

FWIW, my dealership offered to do the update to the chime for free during my 10K service...

Rossi
No luck getting the dealership do it for me here in Socal.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:38 AM   #73
I don't know what to write here
12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed12DblCab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

12DblCab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman2 View Post
No luck getting the dealership do it for me here in Socal.
Ask a different tech, and think of a good reason why you need it turned off. Someone who does a lot of low speed driving and gets out of the vehicle over and over would be someone they might do it for. It isn't practical for some people to put their seatbelt on over and over. In my state, some occupations are exempt from wearing it.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #74
rustbus is on a distinguished road
rustbus's Tacoma Gallery
first (truck purchase location) dealership told me they couldn't do it. sounded like canned response when she told me that...
I told the next, closer-to-work dealership that i was a surveyor and did a lot of slow speed driving and getting in and out. no big deal, but the girl at the take in counter did like triple check with the shop foreman. he asked if passenger side too and i didnt flinch - yes! they turned it off no biggie and printed,circled a long disclaimer on the service report. (looked to me like the shop foreman guy wanted her to keep it down about turning it off in front of other customers) helps that my truck is a company vehicle.

i find i put my seat belt on MORE often and sooner now without that chiming. figure that one out.
Old 05-04-2014, 05:30 AM   #75
EODwick is a name known to allEODwick is a name known to allEODwick is a name known to allEODwick is a name known to allEODwick is a name known to allEODwick is a name known to all

Air Force: Explosive Ordnance Disposal
Name: Eddie
EODwick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcreek View Post
Doesn't anyone own a dog? My dog sets that dang thing off all the time when she rides up front! When I go in for my first service I'm getting that done!.
This is exactly why I want to get mine disabled. Yes, I will still wear my seat belt because I was raised that way, but it's for my dog who likes to ride shotgun with me
Old 05-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #76
wvgoofy is on a distinguished road

Name: scott
wvgoofy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyeguy View Post
Vito,

I'm going to drop my truck off soon for Toyota Care Maintenance. I asked the dealer over the phone if they can turn the seat belt chime off. The dealer stated that if its in there they can turn it off if not their is nothing they can do. Are they referring to the scan tool to disable it or is there something else I can tell/mention to them to ensure this gets done on my '12?
On my 2014 trd sport they turned pass/ driver chime off in about 3 min with a laptop didn't charge me anything.tec man done it on his lunch so I gave the man 20.00 for lunch. Must be a taco fan
Old 05-22-2014, 09:27 PM   #77
bueller has a spectacular aura aboutbueller has a spectacular aura aboutbueller has a spectacular aura about

bueller's Tacoma Gallery
I asked my service advisor to turn my seat belt chime off while the truck was in for the driveline vibration TSB and he said he couldn't because it was a safety issue. I pointed out in the manual that Toyota states it's a customizable feature and to take it to a dealer to perform. Once he saw it in the manual as a customizable feature he had the tech do it. I watched him and it only took about a minute to do.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:35 AM   #78
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW...

according to the docs I was reading, for my 2013... it is

very easy to disable the seat belt reminder warning 'when you are rolling' and no seat belt, that is a techstream programmable option

it is not possible to disable the initial startup beep. only the secondary beeping after moving can be disabled. that is according to techinfo.toyota.com docs...

so for anyone saying 'I tried the disable and it did nothing', perhaps you did disable the 'while truck is moving warning'

of course rewiring stuff fixes errything

--------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
I asked my service advisor to turn my seat belt chime off while the truck was in for the driveline vibration TSB and he said he couldn't because it was a safety issue. I pointed out in the manual that Toyota states it's a customizable feature and to take it to a dealer to perform. Once he saw it in the manual as a customizable feature he had the tech do it. I watched him and it only took about a minute to do.
^are all chimes for seatbelt turned off, or just the 'while rolling' one ?
Old 05-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #79
bueller has a spectacular aura aboutbueller has a spectacular aura aboutbueller has a spectacular aura about

bueller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post

^are all chimes for seatbelt turned off, or just the 'while rolling' one ?
Just checked. I get five beeps when I turn the key to the on position and nothing after that.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #80
JerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Jerry
JerryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer was able to completely disable mine. There are several options in their computer and you have to tell them if you want them completely turned off