Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 seat belt chime disable

Old 11-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
jesse.jamz is on a distinguished road
jesse.jamz's Tacoma Gallery
2012 seat belt chime disable

I have tried the 2011 instructions and it is a no-go.

Is there a diffferent way to disable for the 2012s?
Old 11-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Seatbelt?

live via
Old 11-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Crank up the tunes?

Fink
Old 12-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #5
Rosesplus is on a distinguished road

Rosesplus's Tacoma Gallery
Has anybody found a fix? It's driving me nuts.....
Old 12-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #6
Quadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant futureQuadsix has a brilliant future

Air Force: Surveillance
Name: Don
Quadsix's Tacoma Gallery
Any luck with this?
Old 12-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Un-plug the connecter under the seats? I did that with my '01 when running wires for my radio and never hooked it back up the seat belt light and chime never come on.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:39 PM   #9
Banned
tacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomajamie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacomajamie's Tacoma Gallery
There is a key cycle thingy in the owners manual to disable
Old 12-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
cooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of light

cooktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing in the 11 manual on disabling. I have the white guages and the procedure for early 11's doesn't work.

If the 12 manual has instructions I would appreciate it if you could post them and I'll give it a shot on my 11.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #11
Rosesplus is on a distinguished road

Rosesplus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
do a search, i went to the dealer, only way to disable without doing anything physical to wiring/stuff
I did a search that's how a came up with this thread. Dealer won't do it, I asked.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #12
Vito Corleone is on a distinguished road

Vito Corleone's Tacoma Gallery
On the 2012, the correct way to disable the seatbelt chime is to take it to the dealer and have the dealer use the Toyota scan tool to disable it. I work for a Toyota dealer and did it myself. It took all of about 5 minutes to turn it off. There may be other ways, however, this is the easiest way and you don't have to worry about inadvertently disabling something else.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:36 AM   #13
Getaway Driver
AntiTrust is a jewel in the roughAntiTrust is a jewel in the roughAntiTrust is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement: US Navy
AntiTrust's Tacoma Gallery
Buckle your seatbelt?

I'd probably just call around to some local dealers until you find a service guy that will do it for you. A six-pack of a malty beverage seems to help sometimes.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #14
hotrodbanshee is on a distinguished road
Name: Clayton
hotrodbanshee's Tacoma Gallery
What happens if I was to unplug the electrical connectors under the front seats? Would this cause any problems? I noticed there are like 3 connectors under the driver seat and 4 connectors under the passenger seat and they are different colors. Anyone know witch one is for the seatbelt chime? Maybe could connect a jumper to one of thge plugs.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #15
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
What happens when you put on your seatbelt?
Old 12-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #16
hotrodbanshee is on a distinguished road
Name: Clayton
hotrodbanshee's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
What happens when you put on your seatbelt?
I know I know should always wear my seatbelt.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #17
gasmileageislame is on a distinguished road
Name: vince
gasmileageislame's Tacoma Gallery
disable seat belt 2012 and older tacoma

Just did this to disable my alarm. For those of you that don't actually take your truck off road please keep your safety concerns to yourself(just trying to stick to the forum question). I do always wear my seat belt EXCEPT when up in the hills and driving in snow at 10mph. A seat belt is ridiculous at this time, getting out of the truck every 2 minutes and clicking and unclicking is unneccessary. Again, those of you that love the asphalt, please save the Oprah safety soap box. Okay, here goes, I'm no expert and there may be a faster way, but this is what worked for me. Remove all four bolts from your seat mounts, this allows easier access to the seat belt, and is very quick. Turn your seat sideways for better access. Just below the female end of the seat belt is a little plastic cover. Pop the cover off with a small flat tip screwdriver. Now look at what happens when you engage the male end of the seat belt into the female end. You should see a small white plastic piece(spring loaded) with a metal contact that goes down when you insert the male end. While the male end is inserted push down even farther on the white plastic piece with a small flat tip screwdriver. Remove the male end of the seat belt while still holding the white plastic piece down. You need to use something to hold the plastic piece down permanently, this is what will keep the alarm off. I inserted the large end of a zip-tie(smaller size) into the gap while the screwdriver was pushing down on the spring loaded plastic piece with the metal contact. Now remove the screwdriver and the plastic piece should stay down. Cut the excess part of the zip tie off and you're good to go. No alarm, and no light on the dash. This worked on my 2012 and my buddy just did his 2005 and it removed his warning light. Now if I could figure out how to disable the traction control and ABS. I tried today by removing the 30amp fuse, which actually worked but it left the undesirable warning lights on my dash. I removed one of the electrical sensors on the wheels and actually broke one trying to figure how they are activated. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:20 PM   #18
forana will become famous soon enoughforana will become famous soon enough
forana's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't mess with unplugging stuff personally.

What I did was purchase these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...E:L:OU:US:1123

As suggested by another member here on TW.

Works like a charm.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #19
Wishin' I was Fishin'
landphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shedlandphil is one of the sharper tools in the shed

landphil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasmileageislame View Post
Now if I could figure out how to disable the traction control and ABS. I tried today by removing the 30amp fuse, which actually worked but it left the undesirable warning lights on my dash. I removed one of the electrical sensors on the wheels and actually broke one trying to figure how they are activated. Any suggestions would be great.
A quick search here will bring up two main threads on this, one for trucks equipped with diff lock, one for trucks without. Happy reading.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #20
HANS is a glorious beacon of lightHANS is a glorious beacon of lightHANS is a glorious beacon of lightHANS is a glorious beacon of lightHANS is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Brett
HANS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasmileageislame View Post
Just did this to disable my alarm. For those of you that don't actually take your truck off road please keep your safety concerns to yourself(just trying to stick to the forum question). I do always wear my seat belt EXCEPT when up in the hills and driving in snow at 10mph. A seat belt is ridiculous at this time, getting out of the truck every 2 minutes and clicking and unclicking is unneccessary. Again, those of you that love the asphalt, please save the Oprah safety soap box. Okay, here goes, I'm no expert and there may be a faster way, but this is what worked for me. Remove all four bolts from your seat mounts, this allows easier access to the seat belt, and is very quick. Turn your seat sideways for better access. Just below the female end of the seat belt is a little plastic cover. Pop the cover off with a small flat tip screwdriver. Now look at what happens when you engage the male end of the seat belt into the female end. You should see a small white plastic piece(spring loaded) with a metal contact that goes down when you insert the male end. While the male end is inserted push down even farther on the white plastic piece with a small flat tip screwdriver. Remove the male end of the seat belt while still holding the white plastic piece down. You need to use something to hold the plastic piece down permanently, this is what will keep the alarm off. I inserted the large end of a zip-tie(smaller size) into the gap while the screwdriver was pushing down on the spring loaded plastic piece with the metal contact. Now remove the screwdriver and the plastic piece should stay down. Cut the excess part of the zip tie off and you're good to go. No alarm, and no light on the dash. This worked on my 2012 and my buddy just did his 2005 and it removed his warning light. Now if I could figure out how to disable the traction control and ABS. I tried today by removing the 30amp fuse, which actually worked but it left the undesirable warning lights on my dash. I removed one of the electrical sensors on the wheels and actually broke one trying to figure how they are activated. Any suggestions would be great.
On the left side of your steering column there is a button you can push and hold that will turn off your traction control and vsc...no way to shut off the abs brakes though. I work for Toyota dealership and have a good friend thats one of our top mechanics...he'll do anything to my truck I want him to without questions...he says you're "shit out of luck" on the abs cuz it works in conjunction with some of the other safty systems. sorry brotha!