Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need Confirmation Before I Pull the Trigger!

Old 11-07-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Need Confirmation Before I Pull the Trigger!

Okay - convince me to pull the trigger!

2007 Access Cab, I4, 5-Speed

I know, it's been asked a million times - now it'll be a million and one times.

My intended setup -

Bilstein Adj. Kit w/5100s & Eibach Coilovers from Toytec

Rear AAL, w/5100s

Diff. Drop & New Poly. Bushings

Tires - 285/75/16 on Stocker Steelies, w/Spidertrax Spacers (will change wheels eventually...after Tanner Crab Season this Winter)

Old 11-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
upcountry is on a distinguished road
upcountry's Tacoma Gallery
Strongly advise against spacers. Could fail and kill someone. See recent thread about being "stuck in fayettville". Guy had a wheel fall off after getting pjlled out
. Also see spidertrax website which advises against use on highway....offroad only.

If I put those on my truck and lost a wheel and killed someone I don't know if I could live with myself. Just pony up and do it right.

Otherwise...setup lools good.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
Just noticed your in narragansett RI. I have spent a lot of time surfing Monohans, the pier, and the lighthouse. I used to live behind charlieos for a few years.

Your younger and looks like you fish....do you know my friend Evan Ellis? Has a boat out of somewhere near there.

Also, your about my friends bros age..... do you know Matt Brady from wakefield?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery

Yeah, agreed about the spacers...

Actually, living in Port Townsend right now.

Used to surf the light house quite a bit, especially K 39, and Pilgrim Avenue. Really lights up if the conditions are jussssst right.

Fishing out of Alaska for the foreseeable future, although both of those names sound familiar. Used to live right across from the Mews on Main Street in Wakefield.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:03 PM   #5
Banned
Isthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shedIsthatahemi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Isthatahemi's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone may be shocked to hear this from me, but I say go for it. I loved my 2009 SR5 4X4 4cyl. With the mods you are plannig, I hope you are not in a hurry, that will be one pokey truck!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
With new gears in the rear it wont be sluggish
Old 11-07-2011, 08:16 PM   #7
sprgrey is on a distinguished road

Name: Grey
sprgrey's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with the plans but agree with other guys about the spacers. They can cause problems. I also have 3 inch lift with 285/75/16 and fits fine w minor trimming but went with a rim that could accommodate. SO many decisions
Old 11-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #8
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprgrey View Post
I agree with the plans but agree with other guys about the spacers. They can cause problems. I also have 3 inch lift with 285/75/16 and fits fine w minor trimming but went with a rim that could accommodate. SO many decisions
I have Spidertrax on 285/75/16 and have had ZERO issues
Old 11-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #9
You could run a different tire size with a narrower tire and still get a 33" tire on there with the stock wheel and no spacer. Lots of guys run this combo without having to worry about hitting the upper control arm. Plus a narrower tire saves on gas and is easier for the 4bang to push. Check out the toyo m55....they have it in the metric equivalent of 33x10.5 which will clear the UCA. Can't remember the metroc soze..
. Ill look for it

BTW.....my wife worked at the Mews as the kitchen manager while she was in college at URI. small world. I live kn seattle now. Surf the strait frequently
Twin rivers can be fun....little bit slow and underpowered
But fun. Have you been up to Tofino?