Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Scratched leather steering wheel

Old 11-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #1
Drouse is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
Drouse's Tacoma Gallery
Scratched leather steering wheel

Hey guys - last night while getting out of my truck my jacket zipper got snagged on my steering wheel. I left a minor scratch on the bottom of the steering wheel but can be felt and is driving me nuts. Any suggestions as how to fix this and get the wheel back to that smooth feeling?? Luckily its underneath the wheel so I don't have to see it.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem. I put a wheelskin cover on mine.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
Whoa gauges out the ass! ^ goodness haha
Old 11-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #4
racerxtaco will become famous soon enoughracerxtaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Joey
racerxtaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ehow.com/how_7456845_remo...ing-wheel.html

this might help. if thats too involved just try a piece of steel wool or something to "file" down the rough spot
Old 11-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
thats what i was gonna say lol i count 7?!?!?!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #6
myname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant futuremyname150 has a brilliant future

myname150's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
x3

hahah oh my god the gauges.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a link to wheelskins.

http://wheelskins.com/
Old 11-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
Drouse is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
Drouse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxtaco View Post
http://www.ehow.com/how_7456845_remo...ing-wheel.html

this might help. if thats too involved just try a piece of steel wool or something to "file" down the rough spot
I'll give it a shot - its not that bad just that fact that I can feel it is driving me crazy - thanks

[QUOTE=Coupe;3998896]Here is a link to wheelskins.

http://wheelskins.com/[/QUOTE]

Thanks -- if I can't get rid of it another way I'll def check into one of these.