1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which leaf option? Allpro or Toytec?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Kansas_SR5, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Nov 9, 2011 at 1:15 AM
    Kansas_SR5

Kansas_SR5 [OP] Tacoma World is an addiction!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2020 offroad Dbl Cab SB 6sp
    Im just getting ideas for lifting the truck. Im gonna start to purchase the goods in the next few weeks. Im just wondering whats everyones opinion on these two leafs? Allpro 1.5 add-a-leaf or toytec 1.5 inch add-a-leaf?

Im putting the Toytec coilovers up front just not sure on the rear. I will put 275-70-17 tires on stock sport rims. So I dont need much lift in the rear.

What are the positives and negatives of both? I dont haul too much in the bed, maye some furniture every once in while. Will the rear sag any with either of these in when its fully loaded? Do either of them decrease my payload in the bed?

The most offroading my truck will see is during hunting season on the country roads, rain or snow. Which leaf pack rides better?

Give me anything you guys got. Any other ideas?

2. Nov 9, 2011 at 2:03 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
  3. Nov 9, 2011 at 3:21 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Without checking, I believe the allpro aal is a progressive 3 leaf and will ride better then a single aal. Wheelers also sell a good 3 leaf pack. The softer aal will decrease your payload. I added the overload leaf from my stock pack as it started sagging and bottoming out after a year. Def a temp fix, so keep that in mind! If I'm not mistaken the toytec aal will increase payload as its stiffer but won't ride as smooth as the progressive!

4. Nov 9, 2011 at 12:12 PM
    Kansas_SR5

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Kansas
    Vehicle:

I just dont need a full 3 inches of lift in the rear. I also hate the raked look. I am leaning towards the Allpro 3 leaf insert with their flipped u-bolt kit. So the allpro will ride better than the toytec? So you added the wheelers 3 leaf and also kept the factory overload in? Thats how I understand it?

5. Nov 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM
    Jez

Jez Hittn' easy steet on mud tires

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 Black DC TRD SR5
    K&N air intake, Fox 2.5 coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expo rear leaf pack, Fox 2.0 rear shocks, Diff Drop, U-Bolt Flip kit, Drive Shaft shim kit, Weathertech's, Borla cat back, Ultra Gauge,Clarion Radio, 18% tinted windows all the way around, smoked tail lights and rear break light, painted front chrome grill black, stained yellow fog lights, black head light mod, Interior LED kit, LED reverse lights, black leather arm rest mod
    I have the AP set in my garage ready to be installed....I have not heard anything negative about them. Get with "The Parts Whore" to see if the group buy is still available.

6. Nov 10, 2011 at 1:05 AM
    Kansas_SR5

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    Im going with the 1.5 inch 3 leaf pack from Allpro.

7. Nov 10, 2011 at 2:34 AM
    Olson

Olson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Vehicle:
    4x4 DBL Cab TRD Sport short bed
    Front-3" Pro-Comp lift coils with ES6000 shocks Rear- 1.5" AAL with Pro-Comp ES9000 K&N Intake Blacked out headlights 8k HID Headlights 8k HID Foglights Cobra CB Radio Avid Off-Road Side steps 2 Memphis Amps 2 10" JL Subs(replaced stock) 3' Whip antenna Black Plast-Dip Valence
    i currently have allpro AAL i like it... however if you do any towing like a couple dirtbikes... or quad... trailer with multiple ATVs... you might want to save money and go with the new all pro expedition leaf springs.. i go to pismo and do a bit of towing so im gonna go that route when i return stateside. it also gives about another inch of lift in rear to help with more clearance for the 33s

Products Discussed in

To Top