Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Exhaust Sounds, Want Deep and Loud Sound without decreasing performance

Old 11-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
2011BlackTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
2011BlackTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust Sounds, Want Deep and Loud Sound without decreasing performance

I have a 2011 v6 Taco i am used to driving a v8 with flowmaster 10's. I know it is not possible to get the same sound from a v6 but i was wondering what are some exhaust systems (preferably cat back only) that can give me a loud and deep tone. I have heard best about the flowmaster american thunder system but am also interested in such as MBRP, Magnaflow, Gibson, and any others. Keep in mind loud to me is not a ricer tone id like a sound you hear from trucks not tuner cars. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
If ya ain't first, your last!
CNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really niceCNEDEER is just really nice
Name: Nate
CNEDEER's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard many good thinks about Borla, as well as the TRD. I know a couple of guys on here have AeroTurbine, if you search for the sound clips on here, you might get a better idea. I plan to get one as soon as I get the cash.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Check my sig for a video of a Banks system. Nothing you buy will sound like a V8 or anywhere near it so keep that in mind.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Josh welcome to the forum. We have plenty of threads on exhaust most that I've read have gotten Borla or Flowmasters and like them.
Read up and welcome to the forum prepare to start spending all of your money!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a Flowmaster 10 series and it doesnt sound bad for a v6. Like others have said though you'll never make it sound like a v8. They will always sound slightly rice being that they are a Japanese motor. And welcome to TW!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I have TRD and my buddy has a Borla on his FJ and we both agree the TRD sounds better all around. I love the sound of my TRD, very low and throaty.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:29 PM   #8
tisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
tisher49's Tacoma Gallery
I have a TRD Cold Air intake with the largest pro dry filter that can fit and the Jardine cat back exhaust and I love the sound of mine. It can get a little loud but it's not bad while cruising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92swWOtRd8
and yes that was poor planning on my part in terms of where I set the camera up but good thing it's an olympus tough.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Hang on while we tell you how to get everything everyone wants with no compromises whatsoever for cheap.

Be right back.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #10
2011BlackTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
2011BlackTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I really appreciate all the thread links and information. Im still pretty new to the searching for things here at TW.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #11
wileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shedwileyC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wileyC's Tacoma Gallery
i think magnaflow generally has a nice deep baratone, w/ little rasp... i have a magnaflow on my '99 trans am, ..and it is great!.. not sure how the magnaflow for the tacoma is, but a couple clips i've heard here on TW, it sounded pretty good to me..
Old 11-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #13
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the stainless American Thunder Cat Back with duals out...I'm pretty damned happy and get eyes opened often...not a rice burner sound!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #14
kimo will become famous soon enough

Name: Darin
kimo's Tacoma Gallery
My taco has an after market dual exhaust, not sure what? very throaty. Have to crank my tunes on the hwy. Will try to find out what make it is
Old 11-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #15
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo View Post
My taco has an after market dual exhaust, not sure what? very throaty. Have to crank my tunes on the hwy. Will try to find out what make it is
Snap a pic of your muffler and we could likely tell you pretty quick
Old 11-28-2011, 07:09 PM   #16
Isaiasgon is on a distinguished road
Isaiasgon's Tacoma Gallery
I don't remember were i saw it but i was looking at some thread that some dude cut the pipe ,after the muffler, were it starts to point down. I actually wanted to do it myself but i was wondering is that legal? or is it just for sound?
Old 11-28-2011, 07:13 PM   #17
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Check your states inspection laws
Old 11-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #18
kimo will become famous soon enough

Name: Darin
kimo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Snap a pic of your muffler and we could likely tell you pretty quick
will do, thanks
Old 11-28-2011, 07:17 PM   #19
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiasgon View Post
I don't remember were i saw it but i was looking at some thread that some dude cut the pipe ,after the muffler, were it starts to point down. I actually wanted to do it myself but i was wondering is that legal? or is it just for sound?
I'm sure it helps a little bit with sound but I think most people do that for when they off road and the axle flexes up it doesn't hit the pipe.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #20
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
I'm sure it helps a little bit with sound but I think most people do that for when they off road and the axle flexes up it doesn't hit the pipe.
Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiasgon View Post
People do it so that they don't hang up on the exhaust pipe when offroad. It definitely does not make the truck sound better... The sound just resonates on the underside of the pickup and is pretty loud. Looks very clean, but unless you are utilizing the extra little bit of offroadability for the truck, I don't recommend it.