Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Baja edition shocks

Old 11-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #1
octacorunner is on a distinguished road
Name: G
octacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Baja edition shocks

How much do you guys think the stealers will charge for a set of shocks off the 2012 trd Baja tacoma? I like the way they look but I'm thinking it's going to cost a lot. Looks similar to bilstein 5100 with new coils...I wonder if it's the coil that gives the Baja edition a lift or combination of shock/coil. I'm guessing I'll be better off going another route but the idea of an oem lift sounds nice
Old 11-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Too much. Skip them and go the 5100 route.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Go king and never go back.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
@whippersnapper02 your sema pics got me wanting these lol
Old 11-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Really? My pics didn't get me wanting them or the truck itself.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalboy View Post
Someone get me part numbers and ill get my cost on them!!!
So $2000 still?

Check my sema pics. Maybe you can see the part numbers there.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
ColdSteelTiger has a spectacular aura aboutColdSteelTiger has a spectacular aura about
ColdSteelTiger's Tacoma Gallery
Where are kings sold in Canada
Old 11-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
Banned
At Leafy Leafs Shock Shack.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalboy View Post
Checked no part numbers there!!!
someone get this man a part #!
Old 11-11-2011, 12:21 AM   #10
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Looks to me like it's just a TRD Offroad with some extra decals, rims and BFG AT's
Old 11-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #11
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
the rears are 5165.. i got em in my truck... check my build, something like 300 for both rear and the front seem to be just 5100
Old 05-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #12
Tacoma 12 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Tacoma 12's Tacoma Gallery
Just purchased a new set of the Gunmetal Baja Wheels from the local Toyota dealer. $1000.00. will be installing them on my 2012 white /sport. Local dealer says he can order the entire Baja Suspension kit, includes springs, front and rear shocks, and bump stops. $1500.00. All he needed was a Vin.# from a Baja and they had a white one on the lot. looks great, but the graphics would have to go.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #13
Tacoma 12 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Tacoma 12's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed wheels/ tires today. Let me know what you think. I have a little over $2100.00 in the wheels, tires, lugnuts, install. You don't have to buy the Toyota lugs, Just get 12mm, conical seat, spline drive. Toyota wanted $135.00 for the set, I paid $47.00 for the set and tool.

TRD Baja edition shocks-dscf0005.jpg

TRD Baja edition shocks-dscf0006.jpg

TRD Baja edition shocks-dscf0007.jpg
Old 05-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #14
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brandon###'s Tacoma Gallery
There is a dealer in NJ that can sell you the entire Baja suspension (includes bump stops, brake line bracket, etc...) for $1550. No vin needed
Old 05-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #15
littleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
littleblue81's Tacoma Gallery
I still have not been able to settle on what type of lift to get and this is an option.

This is the list of stuff they said is included:

Front shocks
Front Springs
Front Jounce Bumper Spacer
Front Jounce Bumper
Rear Shocks
Rear Brake Line Spacer

Doesn't it need new brake lines? I thought the Baja came with a different leaf pack (or at least an add a leaf)?
Old 05-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #16
Brandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrandon### is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleblue81 View Post
I still have not been able to settle on what type of lift to get and this is an option.

This is the list of stuff they said is included:

Front shocks
Front Springs
Front Jounce Bumper Spacer
Front Jounce Bumper
Rear Shocks
Rear Brake Line Spacer

Doesn't it need new brake lines? I thought the Baja came with a different leaf pack (or at least an add a leaf)?

The brake lines are the same from what I have read. There is something different about the brake line bracket and it is included in the kit.

Here is what I found on the leaf packs: (looks like they used the regular 4 leaf pack)

"In the rear, the TRD team selected the three-leaf (plus one overload leaf) spring pack used in Tacoma towing packages, which provides a 10-mm increase in rear ride height."

My kit will be here on Friday, I can post some pics when it comes in
Old 05-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #17
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma 12 View Post
Just installed wheels/ tires today. Let me know what you think. I have a little over $2100.00 in the wheels, tires, lugnuts, install. You don't have to buy the Toyota lugs, Just get 12mm, conical seat, spline drive. Toyota wanted $135.00 for the set, I paid $47.00 for the set and tool.

Attachment 210610

Attachment 210611

Attachment 210612
Love these wheels!! Where did you get them? Looks sick! What size tires?
Old 05-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #18
littleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
littleblue81's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon### View Post
The brake lines are the same from what I have read. There is something different about the brake line bracket and it is included in the kit.

Here is what I found on the leaf packs: (looks like they used the regular 4 leaf pack)

"In the rear, the TRD team selected the three-leaf (plus one overload leaf) spring pack used in Tacoma towing packages, which provides a 10-mm increase in rear ride height."

My kit will be here on Friday, I can post some pics when it comes in
Please do! I'm super curious to know your opinion of the suspension vs. stock once you have it installed.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:22 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleblue81 View Post
Please do! I'm super curious to know your opinion of the suspension vs. stock once you have it installed.
i will post up my opinion of the toytec ulk vs. baja, because i only had the stock suspension for a very short amount of time when i first bought my truck.

you should be able to find a local dealer with a baja. i would pretend to be interested and go take one for a spin to see how you like it
Old 05-07-2013, 02:48 AM   #20
mynameistory has a spectacular aura aboutmynameistory has a spectacular aura about
Name: Tory
mynameistory's Tacoma Gallery
subscribed.