Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Loud humm when back out of the driveway

Old 11-11-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
texasboi029 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
texasboi029's Tacoma Gallery
Loud humm when back out of the driveway

Does anyone know what is causing my humming noise that i have when im backing out of my driveway in the morning. Don't hear it the rest of the day. Just in the morning. Toyota can't seem to find it cause it doesn't make the sound when i take it to them. But its really loud and annoying and has been doing it since it was almost new. Oh and my a/c has a whistling sound in the fan. Anyone know what that is? Don't think its leaves or anything like that. Any help on either topic would be greatly appreciative thanks
Old 11-15-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
ppopa is on a distinguished road
ppopa's Tacoma Gallery
same noise on my new o km Taco V6 TRD... also the sound is coming when rear wheels are spinning on snow..
Old 11-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like the anti-lock brake system doing a self test. Is the noise is coming from the passenger side firewall.

Blower motor squeek fix can be found here.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
mardoqueo galindo is on a distinguished road
Name: marcos
mardoqueo galindo's Tacoma Gallery
i have de same problem,exactly,maque a loud hummmming only when im backing up and only when the truck is cold,my truck is DC preruner short bed 2008,has been doing these for one year ,some times come to my main that the oil in the automatic transmicion has some thing to do whith these