1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Remounting horn.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sippinoniceteaz, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Nov 12, 2011 at 5:48 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Sadly- It's not. A guy I work with had his hand crushed between his car and another. The guy behind him was honking and flipping out about waiting at a light. He rammed my co-worker's car and then rammed his car again when my coworker got out to exchange info, breaking my coworkers hand in the process.

A regular horn is ample to get someone's attention...Making them shit themselves only serves to fan flames or make someone drive off the road.

2. Nov 12, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    Right! That is when they get the horn, and when they go to talk shit my completely tattood arm sticks out while pointing and them I scream at them why did what they did and why they got the horn. It has worked every time, I have yet not to scare death into people this way. I'm a really nice guy. Works every time, get big, tattoo yorself completely, yell at people, they run. It works, don't know what else to say.

3. Nov 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have hella supertones and i mainly just use them to scare my friends in the parking garage at work.

4. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    [​IMG]

This was my 1971, It was the last vehicle my father and I worked on. He is retired, but man was he a good mechanic/machinest/fab guy. His last 20 years Working he had an Upholstery shop in Melbourne Florida where we did this. I have better pictures but they are on an old PC ....Back on topic. Hella Horns FTW

5. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:10 PM
    Johns Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    Really? There that jumpy, hook somthing like my set-up to a set of train horns any pay a photographer with ear plugs in. You will have awesome pics to post afterwards.

[​IMG]

6. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:12 PM
    Johns Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    Holy crap that bus is sweet, props.

7. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:13 PM
    TexasTacoma37

Member:
    Yeah train horns are pretty unnecessary IMO.

8. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:17 PM
    Johns Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    They are completely necessary 100 percent, seen you upgraded your horns as well. I just upgraded a little more. :D

9. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:18 PM
    TexasTacoma37

Member:
    I only upgraded them because they look cool in my grill. I actually don't even like the sound increase. It's kind of embarrassing when I have to use them.

10. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    Johns Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    They look cool in your grill? Really? You know you like the louder honk, no need to fight it at this point, you probably like to go louder and are scared to admid it. It's ok. :p

11. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM
    TexasTacoma37

Member:
    As stated above, I love the louder honk....because it terrorizes my friends.

12. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    chadderkdawg

chadderkdawg Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..

Member:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 FX4 F150
    Dudes.... back on topic!

13. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    Johns Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    This guy, train horns in less than 1 year. It's going to happen. :D

14. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:43 PM
    TexasTacoma37

Member:
    Good point. OP, There a good thread on here that has some pictures of where folks relocated their horns to. Search for "horn relocation"

Products Discussed in

To Top