1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New member- Questions about 2012 DCSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mcdee, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Nov 12, 2011 at 5:56 PM
    mcdee

mcdee [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Northern Cal
    Vehicle:
    12 PreRunner OffRoad TRD
    TRD center cap, quick bed mat, Gatekeeper, WTs, TRD skid plate from bpfab, plastidip emblems, security slider bar, interior LEDs, AFE Pro Dry air filter
    I am new member but have followed this forum for several months in anticipation of new purchase. I currently have 02 prerunner DC trd with only 26,000 miles but am considering new truck and have a couple of questions. I plan to purchase 2012 DCSB trd sport package in pyrite mica but I have been reading where there is possible new redesign soon and am curious what current members recommend. I only drive 2500 miles a year and only on streets/freeway so I thought sport trd would be the way to go. I like the looks of the 12 but need to weigh increased cost for redesign Tacoma (2013 or 14) vs. improved performance and mileage. I do not want the Entune/nav and wonder if owners are happy with the stereo. My 02 lunar mist paint has held up very well and doesn't seem to have the "softer" paint/chips that my newer cars have. Do current owners feel their trucks chip easily ? I do all I can and try to minimize dings/scratches and feel my running boards help as they provide a stop for door dings. Anybody have the factory PPO running boards and do they stick out enough to prevent dings ? I'm sure it's obvious by my questions I don't offroad but do enjoy my truck and work hard to maintain it as I keep it a long time. I am big believer in forums like this and have learned a lot by reading posts over last several months. Thanks to all for any help, promise next post will be shorter !

2. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:34 PM
    Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grand Junction, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC TRD Sport
    I really like the interior redesign on my 12 taco. It is everything I would have done to my 09 had I kept it.

I'm sort of a douchebag to my trucks, I don't wash them often enough and will happily lean a shovel against a bedside. I've been impressed with what the paint job stands up to and what it takes to damage it. You can see in my gallery some of what I put my trucks through.

I like the non-entune stereo quite a bit (I have the upgraded XM/Bluetooth radio) although I would have preferred an Entune system. They weren't offered in the Access Cabs this year, so... I can't complain, its very nice. Big improvement over previous years.

Rumor has it there is an engine redesign for next year, or maybe the year after. But maybe not. I wouldn't buy the first year anyway if you plan to keep the truck a long time. Let them work the bugs out.

So, if you're happy with your truck for now... wait a couple years. Your truck, if well kept, will retain good value. If you really want a new truck, the 2012 is a great update - especially if you like creature comforts. I've been very pleased with mine.

3. Nov 12, 2011 at 6:41 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Welcome. I have the factory running boards and they do a great job of preventing car doors from hitting the body. I park in the garage and in no way can my wife's Accord doors can hit the body. Of course each vehicle is different, a SUV or another truck sit higher and can reach over them.

Products Discussed in

To Top