1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Overhead console help

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AlaskanTaco, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Nov 13, 2011 at 1:36 AM
    AlaskanTaco

AlaskanTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5 acc cab tacoma
    Where the HELL can I find one for a 2009 tacoma? I want to install one in my tacoma, but have LITERALLY spent the entire movie of uncle buck looking for one, and NOTHING! It HAS to be for an 09 Where can I find one???? :mad::mad:

2. Nov 13, 2011 at 5:03 AM
    84Hilux

84Hilux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure
    If you want the Temp console, you are going to have a long search. You are right that 2009+ use a different console than the earlier models. 2009+ use a 5 pin harness and earlier use a 6 pin harness (they cannot be adapted- people have tried). The reason is that 2009 and above use the A/C system temp sensor and controller to gauge temperature and earlier models use a separate temp sensor behind the grille.

I have seen the consoles on ebay and T/W from time to time but they usually go for $300 or above. They sell quickly- lots of people are looking for them. I was able to get one from a wrecker in Alberta after a 5 month search (paid $150 plus shipping). Suggest you search on wrecker sites. The place I finally got lucky was called Hondatoy in Alberta (I already got the one out of the red 2010 on the Hondatoy site).

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Nov 15, 2011 at 5:07 PM
    Lurkin

Lurkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Pearland, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5 DC
    They are tougher to find, but if you have some patience and watch they can be found. I bought one for 225, and have seen one for 200. Might also wait a bit more to see if the 12's mirror hooks up to the <12's.

Products Discussed in

To Top