LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

side curtain airbag seats and TRD seat covers

Old 11-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: I HATE SPICYTACOS
MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
side curtain airbag seats and TRD seat covers

i have an 09 with the Side Curtain Airbags and bought the truck 3 years ago with TRD seat covers.

i had taken them off for about a year and yesterday i decided to put them back on. I was looking at the tag on the seat (before tucking it back under the seat cover) and it said dont use it with Side Curtain Airbags.... serious injury and/or death would occur.

is anyone else using the seat covers? or is there a special cover for SRS equipped seats?
Old 11-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyZ View Post
is there a special cover for SRS equipped seats?
Yes my guess is they have blow out seams on the sides incase the airbags go off.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #3
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
i called my dealer and they said they didnt have a part number other then the standard TRD seat cover
Old 11-13-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You missed the group buy but these fit great and look good. A lot of members have them.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...-9-2011-a.html
Old 11-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #5

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
wet oake are no different from the trd covers. i do not need seat covers

let me rephrase, i want to know if anyone has an 09+ truck with trd seat covers that has been in an accident or bought the truck with them on... my issue is my dealer (kingman arizona) sold me a truck with a potential hazard in them. what if the SRS bags deployed and killed me or my wife?

I am looking to see if there are other model trd seat covers for 09+ trucks due to the side curtain airbags.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #6
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
wet oakole are no different from the trd covers.
Yes they are. They are made for seats with airbags.
Quote:
potential hazard in them. what if the SRS bags deployed and killed me or my wife?
My guess is the airbags might not deploy properly.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #7

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Yes they are. They are made for seats with airbags.
stand corrected thank you for the info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
My guess is the airbags might not deploy properly.
yeah big bummer...
Old 11-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:

let me rephrase, i want to know if anyone has an 09+ truck with trd seat covers that has been in an accident or bought the truck with them on... my issue is my dealer (kingman arizona) sold me a truck with a potential hazard in them. what if the SRS bags deployed and killed me or my wife?

I am looking to see if there are other model trd seat covers for 09+ trucks due to the side curtain airbags.
What would happen is the bags would deploy but they wouldn't burst through the cover. Yeah your dealer is stupid but no one ever said the dealer had smart people working there.

live via
Old 11-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #9

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
What would happen is the bags would deploy but they wouldn't burst through the cover.
i feel that this is the same question i have
Old 11-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
i feel that this is the same question i have
It isn't a question. That's what would happen.

live via
Old 11-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #11

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It isn't a question. That's what would happen.

live via
Quote:
What would happen is the bags would deploy but they wouldn't burst through the cover.
what prefaces a question, you asked a question.

I do understand what you are saying now tho
Old 11-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #12
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Wet Okole's are a whole different league of seat covers than the TRD covers.

If you don't need seat covers, then I would say sell the TRD covers you have and call it a day.

Quote:
What would happen is the bags would deploy but they wouldn't burst through the cover. Yeah your dealer is stupid but no one ever said the dealer had smart people working there.

live via
This is exactly what would happen.

The airbags would deploy but would be rendered useless given that they would not be able to penetrate the sides of the covers.

I would say given that the truck was purchased three years ago, there is not much you can do as far as getting the dealer in trouble.

The short answer for your situation is that if you want seat covers (which would be implied by the fact that you have the TRD covers and you just reinstalled them, or attempted to), then you would need to find some other brands of covers (Wet Okole, Coverking, etc.) that are compatible with Side Air Bags.

Fink