1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealership Wheel damage

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mcdowell, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Nov 13, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    Originally Posted by OZ-T
    Lose yes thank you so many people f#k this up

Should have been loose with your checkbook? :D

2. Nov 13, 2011 at 12:26 PM
    TacoDawgfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I hear ya, that's what they seem to expect though.

3. Nov 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

11SuperwhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    11 Super White TRD Off Road w JBL
    AFE cai, MBRP cat back, TonnoPro hard folding cover, Weather Tech's
    dealers should never scratch your rim. you should def. take it back and talk to the service advisor first, then to the service manager. If you bring up the toyota care survey they probably will try to fix it before you fill it out. I took my truck back and brought up the survey and they fixed their discrepancie(though a lot worse than yours) right away. I still let toyota know of the situation and that the dealer fixed it but havent recieved any word from toyota hq or the dealership.

4. Nov 13, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    Yah dealerships are supposed to be the best place to take your car, Scratching up your wheels is something big O would do! Id go back and talk to the service manager. Inform them he has a disrespectful uncoordinated loose handed worker :) I say complain complain until its fixed.

5. Nov 13, 2011 at 1:14 PM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    There is at least one new thread about this each week it seems.

You are not being picky. Just go up to the dealership and talk to them about it. If they can't help, call up Toyota Corporate and start the process of filing a claim (or whatever it is called).

There is a thread on here where a member got his rims repainted because the dealership messed them up. I forget the name of the thread though.

Fink

6. Nov 13, 2011 at 1:28 PM
    onesixseven

onesixseven Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Santa Clarita California
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner SR5
    3.5" Kind Coilovers Total Chaos UCA's 31" BFG A/T's 8000k hi/lo HID kit Flowmaster Super 44 5% tint all around exterior LED's Deck Plate Mod bedlined flares debadged Full Fosgate/JL Audio Stereo
    id bring it up, and ask for credit towards something like the others suggested. your not being too picky at all, that would bug the hell outta me. just ask for like a shirt or something lol. floor mats?

7. Nov 13, 2011 at 1:31 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell [OP] My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    1 wheel not so bad but 3 out of 4 pisses me off. 50,000 miles no big deal. 5000 miles sticks in my crawl. ( not sure of canadian slang translation ). Yeah could have done it myself but i have 7 free services to 25,000 miles so why would i. They have several used 2010 TRD's with goodrich. Im going to ask for a trade out.

8. Nov 13, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    derek244

derek244 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport
    Well, I would not accept it. The impact obviously slipped off the nut and the socket scratched the wheel. It happens. Call the service manager in advance and schedule an appointment to see him and explain the situation. If that does not resolve the situation, ask for the dealerships general manager (not a sales manager). If that does not work, call 1800-Go Toyota.

That wheel can easily be fixed by a wheel repair tech.

BTW, I spent over 18 years as a Toyota dealership employee with the last 6 being the service manager. I would repair it immediatly and know of many others that would too.

9. Nov 13, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    raswank

raswank Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn,Ma
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 6 speed
    Grillcraft, Rear leaf TSB, 5100's at .85, with Eibachs, 265/70/17 BF Goodrich AT/S Tires, Hella 500's behind Grill, Kenwood KDC X995 H/U all Boston Acoustic speakers, JL Audio subs, Kenwood XR5 S amp, ATX Chrome 17x8 wheels
    Make em pay, it is a new truck. And these tech should care more about their jobs. Their are people out there that need jobs. They wouldn't treat there new wheels, or cars that way. So your car deserves the same. GET ALL NEW WHEELS.

10. Nov 13, 2011 at 2:13 PM
    Cape Codder

Cape Codder Native Son

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Hangin' Out in the Atlantic
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab 4.0L V6 Auto - Silverstreak Mica
    SOS Concepts Sliders waiting for POR-15 Rust Abatement (Spring 2016), OEM Silver Tube Steps 'til then OME 2.5" Suspension w/885 Coils & Dakars / LR UCA's w/SpecRide Bushings / Lifetime Alignment Wheeler's "Super Bump" Bump Stops Front & Rear / OME Carrier Bearing Drop / 2.5° Axle Shims (Eliminated Vibration) Moog Greaseable LCA Cam Bolts / ToyTech Sway Bar Relocate Kit / Stainless Steel Extended Brake Lines (Front & Rear) TIRES - LT275/70R17 (32.2") Firestone Destination A/T's (and Matching Spare) mounted on (5) 17”x8” (4.5” BS) Machined Aluminum Alloy, with Light Gunmetal Accents, Konig SixShooter Wheels with Hofmann Anthracite Adhesive Power Weights / McGard 65002 Chrome SplineDrive Lug Nuts / Cloned Schraeder EZ Sensor 33000 TPMS SNOW TIRES - Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 - P255/75-17 (32.1") mounted on Stock TRD Sport Wheels (5.5” BS) w/BORA 1" Wheel Spacers (to = 4.5” BS), Wheels Locks & OEM Lug Nuts Wheel Master 36" Stainless Steel Mesh Spare Tire Inflator/Checker attached to Rear Bumper / Spare Tire Lock TRD Skid Plate / Husky Mud Flaps / Redline Tuning Hood Struts / UltraGauge / Frame Hole Plugs / OEM Chrome Exhaust Tip Salex SLX102 - '05-'13 Tacoma GloveBox & Console Organizers Combo Set / GRID-IT (Console Cover Organizer) Color Matched SATOSHI Grill w/ Individual Letters Toyota Emblem (from ‘86 Toyota Land Cruiser) Hella Fogs on Elusive Elements Light Bar mounted behind Grill / Relocated Horns & Outside Temperature Sensor SilverStar zXe Headlights / SilverStar Fogs / Upper & Lower Color Matched Eyelids / LED's @ Dome, Maps, Lic Plate & 3rd Brake / 866 Foglight Lamps for Back-Up Lights WeatherTech Headlight & Foglight Protection / AutoBahnd RoadBlock (3M) Paint Protection System on Front End & Tailgate Avid Hitch Step Color Match Powdercoated / Avid LightBar Color Match Powdercoated / DIY Front Plate Holder mounted on AVID Light Bar (NO Bumper Holes) Emblems DeBadged / CBoy808's Silver OME EMU, Medium Gray Mall Rated, TRD Skid & Matte Black US Flag Decals SockMonkey Medium Gray Shadow Only Bedside, Door, Hood Scoop & Tailgate Decals DeBadged Leer 100LX Cap w/ Adventure Pkg including Thule 48” & 60” AeroBar Locking Removable Racks, Removable Front Window & Rear Door Remote Lock Charcoal/Blk Wet Okoles (front & rear) w/Front Seat Back Waterproof Zippered Pockets, Front Pistol Pockets & Seat Heaters / Drop Stop Seat Wedge Fillers 6 CD Changer w/SubWoofer (TRD Sport OEM) / BluLogic Hands Free (Blue Tooth) / Lutron Maestro Pico Remote Control for Driveway Floods Pro-Fit & Pro-Clip Device Holders for Cell Phone & GPS / Beltronics RX 65 Blue Detector / Garmin 885T GPS 30% Tint on Driver/Passenger Windows / WeatherTech Dark Front Window Deflectors / AutoMate AM-7 Alarm w/Remote Start WeatherTech FloorLiners (Front & Rear) / WeatherTech All Weather Mats (Over Front Liners) TRD "Offroad" Front Recovery Hook (Color Matched) / 2" x 30' & 3" x 30' Recovery Straps ELITE OffRoad 2" Receiver Hitch Shackle / Daystar Black Shackle Isolator / LifeLong Locks Class 5 Locking Hitch Pin Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor / Rockford 12,000mah, 200/400 Amp, Portable Power Source & Mini Jump Starter Pop&Lock PL5305 Manual Tailgate Lock w/Color Matched Handle / Driver's Door Keytechniques Keyhole Cover OEM Bed Mat / 4 Extra Military Issue Bed "D" Rings Attached with Bed Bolts / 4 Extra Bed Rail Tiedowns & 2 Mini Tiedowns H3R Performance Halguard Halotron® 1 (Clean Agent) - HG250C 2.5lb Chrome Fire Extinguisher and Extreme Duty Quick Release Bracket (Mounted in Bed) H3R Performance Halguard Halotron® 1 (Clean Agent) - HG100C 1.4lb Chrome Fire Extinguisher (In Cab Back Door Pocket) H3R Performance MX500R - 5lb Dry Chemical Fire Extinguisher w/ Vehicle Mount (On Cab Back Floor, Not Yet Mounted in Bed) ResQMe GB0-RQMTWIN-O Orange Keychain Version of the Original LifeHammer (Hanging Within Reach in Cab) FogLight Anytime / Differential Breather / A/C Condensate Drain / Tailgate Hoseclamp Anti-Theft Mods Toyota Extra Care Platinum Vehicle Service Agreement (VSA) – 8 Year / 125,000 Miles TSB's: Transmission TSB / Blower Motor TSB / Steering Intermediate Shaft Bushing TSB 90L Accelerator Pedal D0L Recall / Driver & Passenger Seat Belts Recall / Inspect Wheels & Tires "BOB" Recall The “TW EMPTY UR WALLET MOD” and a Pile of Stuff Waitin' for Install
    I had my Solara serviced, years ago, and it came out with all 4 Wheel Center Covers dented, like the Tech used his boot heal or a Rubber Mallet to replace them after the rotation.
    Now, before I take any of my vehicles in, I walk around it and take a bunch of Time Stamped Digital Pictures, including the wheels.
    When I pick it up, I bring the Camera with the pics in it and do a complete walk around inspection before I leave the lot.
    I went right back in when I saw the damage to the Wheel Covers.
    The Service Manager said he didn't believe his shop did it, but replaced them anyway.
    My response was: I'd rather buy new ones myself and have him tell his guys to be more careful rather than just denying it.
    Take it back and have them make it right

CC

11. Nov 13, 2011 at 5:27 PM
    swissrallyman

swissrallyman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport
    3 pages and 41 comments about a scratched wheel now....

12. Nov 13, 2011 at 5:42 PM
    TacoDawgfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:

Spend 30k or so on a truck and have someone be careless when they service it? I mean if I want to abuse it or not take care of it, fine. But why should someone else, particularly from the dealer be able to be careless with it and us not have a say in the matter? I know some people are like, It's a truck. Well what ever, what if it's your wife's 30k car? I take care of my stuff, yes I use it as a truck, but I'm careful with it as much as I can be. So why should we settle for less with some jack ass at the dealer. I bet he's more careful with his own vehicle. All I'm saying is if I scratch it fine, it's mine and I did it myself, but shouldn't have to put up with someone else doing it for me.

13. Nov 14, 2011 at 3:36 AM
    rjbb2

rjbb2 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4
    Lighted 4x4 switch, Ipod direct adapter, Intermittent wiper, cruise control.
    Welcome to the "stealership a*s clowns strike again" club. Same thing happened to me. All 4 wheels.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/184846-oil-question-new-truck-3.html

They repainted mine by this place: http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/
    Did a decent job with the only exception they did not remove the wheel weights, painted over them. I am fairly happy with the way they look. The guy from AWRSwheels told me he has only been doing this dealership for 3 months and this is the 4th time he has been there repainting wheels. Don't know what they are going to look like when the wheel weights are removed? If they look like crap, I am going back and making them redo it. It takes about 1 hour per wheel, so pack a:sandwich: or :cheers:

14. Nov 14, 2011 at 4:43 AM
    buddywh1

buddywh1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philly PA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC SR5 4x4
    Go 'wheeling... it'll blend in then.

You're not being too picky, but you best get used to it anyway. The monkey's and the impact wrenches they can't control are everywhere

15. Nov 14, 2011 at 5:27 AM
    mcdowell

mcdowell [OP] My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille

At the stealership now and they are swapping wheels for me. Still some good people out there. Point is dont let them treat your ride any way they want to.

16. Nov 14, 2011 at 5:40 AM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    Excellent! Hopefully they are a little more careful with the impact this time.

Fink

Products Discussed in

To Top