1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP traction control problems

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mike schultz, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Nov 16, 2011 at 2:47 PM
    kiteboarder

kiteboarder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I drive stick. Only.
    To come.
    Mike OP, what lift are you running anyway? I see pogiboy says that he had issues with his Pro Comp lift, but none with the spindle lift, so I'm wondering what you are running.

2. Nov 16, 2011 at 10:45 PM
    Backroadbomber

Backroadbomber Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Hamburg, New York
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4wd 5sp Base
    Just pull your two ABS fuses ABS#1 and ABS#2, located in your under-hood fuse box. One's a 30 amp and the other is 50 I believe. That way your wheel sensor plugs don't get all crapped up. That's what I did (was sick of smelling my clutch burning up when trying to accelerate in snow) I found it to be killing 2 birds with one stone. The only thing that sucks is the dummy lights always being on on your dash (ABS, VSC, parking brake) Apparently it doesn't void your warranty, either. (I asked). VSC IMO is probably the worse thing to ever be put on a vehicle, it's unsafe and if you NEED it to drive, you shouldn't have a license. And ABS isn't much better, either

3. Nov 17, 2011 at 6:39 AM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD
    Go to your dealer or a dealer, call first and ask them if they can perform a VSC/Trac "zeroing" anytime a lift, big tire, realignment is performed it is recommended to do this as the new 2nd gens are very sensitive to any change. I had the exact issue after my lift, had the 'Zeroing" done and have no more flip out and almost go off the road instances.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/92474-recalibrating-vsc-why-how.html

2nd post has a PDF of the procedure, if the dealer wants to charge over 150 dollars find another.

4. Jan 2, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    mike schultz

mike schultz [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 taco 4" 33's
    4" lift, 33's
    Problem solved. Took it to Toyota had my vsc calibrations reset to zero. Works as it should on the street, still a pain in the butt in the dirt (if you forget to turn if off) stupid system. wish i would of know in 09 when i bought the truck. probibly would of bought a 08. :(

5. Jan 2, 2012 at 6:22 PM
    JoeTacoma02

JoeTacoma02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    What part of Oregon are you from?

6. Jan 2, 2012 at 10:46 PM
    dantastic

dantastic Well-Known Member

Member:
    818<->626
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 BLK
    Just remember that 99% of the people out there CAN'T drive and shouldn't have their licenses. That's why stability control is now federally mandated -- an estimated 1/3 of fatal crashes may be prevented.

That's good to hear the re-calibration worked.. You're supposed to manually disable VSC when you need wheel spin, which is why the button is there in the first place.

Products Discussed in

To Top