Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

08 tacomas having start problems

Old 11-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #1
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
08 tacomas having start problems

I was just wondering if there are any other 2008 tacomas out there that have had start up issues. Excessive cranking, car dying Immediately after start up or needing to turn the key twice before it firing up. I ask this because i was denied the TSB for "Intermittent no start up condition" due to it being only for the 05-07 tacomas. I hope I am not alone.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Got a link for the TSB? I have noticed my truck on occasion will act like its gonna start but right before it cranks it dies. Its done it three times this month. Pretty annoying.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Once for me.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:09 AM   #6
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't had that problem (knock on wood).
Old 11-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #7
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Luckyy
Old 11-13-2008, 10:27 AM   #8
Motorshooter
Motorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of lightMotorshooter is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: IC2 SS
Motorshooter's Tacoma Gallery
Twice in the 18 months I'v owned the blue mule
Old 11-13-2008, 10:44 AM   #9
blake2035 is on a distinguished road
blake2035's Tacoma Gallery
I have a brand new 08 and mine has not had this issue at all and I pray that it does not. Not too sure what could be causing it since yours is a new truck.....
Old 11-13-2008, 10:49 AM   #10
do w3rk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake2035 View Post
I have a brand new 08 and mine has not had this issue at all and I pray that it does not. Not too sure what could be causing it since yours is a new truck.....
Yeah, Im still confused too. Could it be the grade of gas? i read it on some other forum
Old 11-13-2008, 12:12 PM   #11
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
my theory has to do with temperature/atmosphere changes. the two times mine has done it, i remember specificly that the air temp/moisture content had changed drastically from the last time the truck was running. this may be complete BS, but it's all i can come up with. i'm thinking the MAF needs to readjust itself or something to the new air/fuel mixture to match the different air temp/density. maybe i'm turning the key to fast for the computer to adjust fuel/air before it starts to crank. i could just be nuts though...
Old 11-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #12
LDrider is on a distinguished road
LDrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
any 08s experiencing this?
Mine had a <hard start> condition twice, most recently about a week ago. Cranked for awhile but didn't light. Shut off key, and it restarted fine (shrugs).
Old 11-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #13
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
it hasnt happened to my 08 but has happened to all my other yotas
Old 11-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #14
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Neither have I, must be the color
Old 11-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #15
do w3rk!

Thanks for your guys' inputs. Glad to hear im not alone. But for you guys that dont have the problem, more power to you.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:52 AM   #16
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
mine does it all the time, always has. I suspected it was just a crappy battery and eventually swapp'n to a redtop would fix it... but maybe there is more to it. (08 bought a few months ago new, figured it was sitting around and has killed the batt a bit)
Old 11-14-2008, 07:29 AM   #17
Muliefever
muliefever has a spectacular aura aboutmuliefever has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: First Class Petty Officer
muliefever's Tacoma Gallery
I have.. I was leaving work and I just got done bragging about my sweet new taco... I get in my truck to leave and it cranked forever! I was like what!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #18
Banned
nocarsallowed can only hope to improve
nocarsallowed's Tacoma Gallery
What I don't get about these TSB's is that they have been consistent since 2005. Why haven't toyota fixed these things in the later models?
For example the rear leaf spring problem started since 05' models and continued for four years into the 08 models. WTF?
Are we going to have the same thing for 09's?
Old 11-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #19
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
09's are already getting the tsb's sad but i agree with you.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:06 AM   #20
papabear050 will become famous soon enough
papabear050's Tacoma Gallery
Its one of those things where if people don't complain and it functions decent, then leave it. 90% of people just don't know so Toyo saves alot of $$ that way.

Don't agree with it but that's the way I see it.