Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New to lifts.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
NoviceFisher is on a distinguished road
Name: Albert
NoviceFisher's Tacoma Gallery
New to lifts.

I was wanting to put some 33's on my 09 TRD OFFROAD Tacoma doublecab. Gonna stay with stock wheels for now. I was just wondering it this kit I saw on ebay would do the trick. Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-05-11-Toyo...ht_2792wt_1270
Old 11-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I know nothing about lifting tucks yet. But I do know about ebay, and I don't buy anything off of ebay that I'd consider 'important'.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
If you have some money, look into 5100's up front and an AAL in the rear rather than that kit.

From what it sounds like that's a spacer kit, with blocks in the rear. Cheap, but the ride quality goes to crap.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
Thanks!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
berg2065 is on a distinguished road
berg2065's Tacoma Gallery
just a heads up...you mention running 33's on your stock rims....depending on width of tire you decide on....you will need wheel spacers with stock rims.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Research research research. Use the search button. Just type in 5100's and you will be amazed at what comes up.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #8
found this thread. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ms-pics-5.html Want to do pretty much what jah310 has there. Maybe I should ask him huh. lol
Old 11-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #9
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

he hasnt been active in about a month, but it doesnt hurt to try!
Theres many members on here that run 33"s on stockies
Old 11-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #10
Wow! just saw that the lift he has is about $1150.00 That's a bit much for me.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
You want quality you have to pay. In lifts you get what you pay for
Old 11-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #13
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i'm not so sure you're going to be able to run 33s with billies. it's probably going to take a bit of trimming. don't take my word only, do some research. lot's of info on this site.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #14
Dumb question on the way! What are or is AAL?
Old 11-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #15

an AAL is an add-a-leaf. Basically just inserts a thicker leaf into your existing leaf pack to provide lift.

Seriously, check out the link i posted above, it has everything you would want to know about lifts
Old 11-14-2011, 04:46 PM   #16
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
btw, i run 5100s set at 1.75 with 265/75R16. truck is in my sig.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:51 PM   #17
HAHA! Can't believe I didn't put that together. Been a long day. Nice looking truck 07NavyTaco
Old 11-14-2011, 04:56 PM   #18
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoviceFisher View Post
Wow! just saw that the lift he has is about $1150.00 That's a bit much for me.
Save up then.. Never, ever go with cheap suspension in any car/truck period.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #19
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Like the other guys said, you get what you pay for and its good to stay away from spacer lifts. There is a lot of people that like their spacer lifts but everyone I know that went from a spacer lift to a suspension lift, they all agreed that the ride was much better with less vibrations. Keep researching, When I first started I was looking at paying around $400-$500 for my lift but I ended up paying around 3X that much for a good lift but well worth it! I'm glad I found TW and got to research all the different options.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #20
Banned
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Nah go with the new Eibach/5100 combo at Toytec. New Light Racing UCA's and 2 inch AAL in the back, and 5100's
Attached Thumbnails
New to lifts.-015.jpg   New to lifts.-014.jpg   New to lifts.-017.jpg   New to lifts.-016.jpg