Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Does Your AC not get cold?

Old 06-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance
07TRDsport is on a distinguished road

07TRDsport's Tacoma Gallery
Does Your AC not get cold?

my AC doesnt get cold like gmc's and ford's ive been in. Is it like that with all of the 07's? on hot days when you really wanna get cooled off i turn on the ac and have it on max and it blows like mildly cold air out.. cold enough to notice it against the 90-100 degree air that was in there to start with but it sure doesnt feel cold ... please let me know if any of you have come about this problem. thanks
Old 06-24-2007, 04:47 PM   #2
stackyochips26 is on a distinguished road

stackyochips26's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stackyochips26
Well in my 06 Tacoma, which is black, seems to work wonderfully. Not to mention i live in Arizona where it is 110+ degrees. After my truck is left out in the sun i turn the air on full blast on the coldest settings crack my windows a little and it gets cool in a couple minutes. Personally i think something might be wrong with your ac imo.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
My truck just towed 4000lbs in Houston's heat and humidity,and my A/C saved me from sweating it. I actually froze before I got to the highway.

You may want to get your system checked by the dealer. I am sure it is still under warranty.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:51 PM   #4
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Mine works fine. If you turn it on full blast it will numb your hands. I agree however, the chevy trucks ive ridden in at work are colder.

Ted
Old 06-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance

hmm alright guys... ill go get it checked.. cus it sure doesnt freeze me what so ever. yeah its still under warranty its only 2 weeks old
Old 06-24-2007, 07:09 PM   #6
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
mine is cold. needless to say my home a/c isnt working at all. i couldnt get an a/c guy here on short notice on the weekend so i tried to fix it. i fried the thermostat. its hot as f.. here
Old 06-24-2007, 07:54 PM   #7
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
These trucks have ac? Or is it that I just don't ever use ac, even when I lived in AZ and VA I never used it.

But if it isn't working right get it checked out by the dealer.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:54 PM   #8
flyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flyman767's Tacoma Gallery
Do you hear any kind of compressor noise when you engage the A/C.. grinding, clacking, etc..??..Some who've complained about the 'not very cold' A/C, found the coolant level to be a little low;usually followed by a noisy clutch engagement caused by small 'air pockets' or 'hydraulic lock' in the system. This normally can be remedied by having the dealer service the coolant level with minimum required coolant. Also, don't forget to run the A/C in recycled mode for 'max cold'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TRDsport View Post
my AC doesnt get cold like gmc's and ford's ive been in. Is it like that with all of the 07's? on hot days when you really wanna get cooled off i turn on the ac and have it on max and it blows like mildly cold air out.. cold enough to notice it against the 90-100 degree air that was in there to start with but it sure doesnt feel cold ... please let me know if any of you have come about this problem. thanks
Old 06-24-2007, 09:00 PM   #9
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
The only time my A/C was not cold was when the truck was stopped or moving slowly. This is because there isn't much air moving through the condenser. The condenser is like a radiator. If it can't release heat then your A/C won't be very cold.

So I replaced the clutch fan with an electric fan, so that I can switch the fan on when the truck is not moving. This pulls air through the condenser and makes the A/C cold any time.

This is how it's done. http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t115600.html
Old 06-25-2007, 01:35 AM   #10
stackyochips26 is on a distinguished road

stackyochips26's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to stackyochips26
it almost kind of bugs me with my ac, when i turn up full blast, cus my hands get freezing cold cus it blows directly on your hands when you're driving, while the rest of the cab is good temp. I don't know if this has anything do with it, but compared to other vehicles that i've been, i think mine cools down the fastest since it doesn't have much space in the cab anyway.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:43 AM   #11
Carolina Alliance

naw flyman i never hear clanking or anything like that.. it all sounds normal but just doesnt cool me off. but im gonna take it to the dealer sometime this week when i have a chance.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:42 AM   #12
Dominant967 is on a distinguished road

Dominant967's Tacoma Gallery
mine works great
Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 AM   #13
Carolina Alliance

well i took it out this morning and cranked it up full bore and drove around for 30 mins and the vent by the drivers door puts out some pretty cold air.. then you go to the right of the wheel and its less and jump over and its even less .. and finally over to the passenger door side and that one feels like its just blowing air... how messed up is that?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:27 AM   #14
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
well i took it out this morning and cranked it up full bore and drove around for 30 mins and the vent by the drivers door puts out some pretty cold air.. then you go to the right of the wheel and its less and jump over and its even less .. and finally over to the passenger door side and that one feels like its just blowing air... how messed up is that?
It sounds like you may have air pockets in your A/C system.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:51 AM   #15
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
yeah dude, get that checked out, mine is good and cold
Old 06-25-2007, 11:31 AM   #16
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
have that checked out right away this summer is just brutal
Old 06-25-2007, 11:44 AM   #17
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Not to be a smart a s s but make sure the A/C button is on and the temp selector is all the way cool and try all the vent position settings.
If it still isn't right, quit typing and drive to the dealer.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:52 PM   #18
NomolosTRD is on a distinguished road

NomolosTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My A/C does take a long time to cool down, much longet than other trucks I have been in. It only starts to rally get cold after 5 mins.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:48 PM   #19
Carolina Alliance

well i took it to the toyota dealer today and sat around in the waiting area for 1 1/2 hours and came to a tacoma that froze my ass off when i got behind the wheel. they said the factory didnt fill the freion (sp) so they took it all out and filled it up and now it works great. i was begining to think tacomas had shitty AC when i drove it for the first week. lol anyways problem solved.

thanks guys.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:14 PM   #20
spp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to beholdspp is a splendid one to behold
spp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well i took it to the toyota dealer today and sat around in the waiting area for 1 1/2 hours and came to a tacoma that froze my ass off when i got behind the wheel. they said the factory didnt fill the freion (sp) so they took it all out and filled it up and now it works great. i was begining to think tacomas had shitty AC when i drove it for the first week. lol anyways problem solved.

thanks guys.
Make sure to check it for a while incase there is a leak that made it look like the factory did not fill it.
They can put a dye in that shows where the leak is at.
Glad yours works like the rest of ours now.