LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Can ur 4-Cylinder do this?

Old 06-27-2007, 05:33 AM   #21
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Look 007, i've kept my mouth shut so far but it's become too obvious to ignore anymore. You clearly have engine envy. I have a 4 year degree in psychology and worked in a psychiatric hospital for about a year... that pretty much makes me a highly respected doctor and an expert on human behavior. You keep talking about how great your 4 banger is and you're clearly trying to overcompensate for for feelings of inadequacy caused by only having 4 cylinders. Fortunately there is a cure. One cure is to sell your truck and buy a V6. The other cure is to turn become a severe alcoholic. Both cures are equally cool in my opinion. But this is a clear cut case of engine envy, also known as motor envy. If you need my profesional help just let me know. I'll be happy to charge you extremely large amounts of money to listen to you drone on for hours. just remember.... i'm here to help
Old 06-27-2007, 07:12 AM   #22
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Look 007, i've kept my mouth shut so far but it's become too obvious to ignore anymore. You clearly have engine envy. I have a 4 year degree in psychology and worked in a psychiatric hospital for about a year... that pretty much makes me a highly respected doctor and an expert on human behavior. You keep talking about how great your 4 banger is and you're clearly trying to overcompensate for for feelings of inadequacy caused by only having 4 cylinders. Fortunately there is a cure. One cure is to sell your truck and buy a V6. The other cure is to turn become a severe alcoholic. Both cures are equally cool in my opinion. But this is a clear cut case of engine envy, also known as motor envy. If you need my profesional help just let me know. I'll be happy to charge you extremely large amounts of money to listen to you drone on for hours. just remember.... i'm here to help
I hope your joking. I guess I have engine envoy too? I wish I had a v8.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:21 AM   #23
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
I hope your joking. I guess I have engine envoy too? I wish I had a v8.
There's nothing funny about engine envy. It can tear families apart. Trust me, i'm a doctor.....ish. What do you thing broke up Brad and Jennifer? Engine envy, thats what!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:15 AM   #24
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There's nothing funny about engine envy. It can tear families apart. Trust me, i'm a doctor.....ish. What do you thing broke up Brad and Jennifer? Engine envy, thats what!

That's some funny sh!t man.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:31 PM   #25
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:

HELP! HELP! I NEED HELP!!! I have a problem, and since I have no money alcohol is my only hope!

...I digress... No, I just never expected to tow any more than 1200 - 1500 lbs (a sunfish or a jetski or something like that). When I figured out that I couldn't afford a moving truck, I figured I was up a creek without a paddle. When I realized that I could borderline the 4 bangers towing capacity and save about $200 in expense I jumped on it. I guess I didn't think it would work.

The only time I will sell my truck is if I can get another diesel. 4 cylinder fuel economy with V6 power - gimme more of that!
Old 06-28-2007, 05:37 AM   #26

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
HELP! HELP! I NEED HELP!!! I have a problem, and since I have no money alcohol is my only hope!

...I digress... No, I just never expected to tow any more than 1200 - 1500 lbs (a sunfish or a jetski or something like that). When I figured out that I couldn't afford a moving truck, I figured I was up a creek without a paddle. When I realized that I could borderline the 4 bangers towing capacity and save about $200 in expense I jumped on it. I guess I didn't think it would work.

The only time I will sell my truck is if I can get another diesel. 4 cylinder fuel economy with V6 power - gimme more of that!
I stand by my diagnosis
Old 06-28-2007, 07:26 AM   #27
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I stand by my diagnosis
How much for the medication?
Old 06-28-2007, 07:26 AM   #28
satxcubfan is on a distinguished road
satxcubfan's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

A six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon usually cures whatever physical, mental or emotional issues that may pop up with me. My dog likes it too. BTW...he loves riding shot-gun in the new Taco.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:28 AM   #29

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much for the medication?
I dont know, how much does a bottle of Jack cost in your area?
Old 06-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #30
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satxcubfan View Post
A six pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon usually cures whatever physical, mental or emotional issues that may pop up with me. My dog likes it too. BTW...he loves riding shot-gun in the new Taco.
In my old Honda Accord Coupe I found out that my dogs don't share a seat very well. That is why I had to get an AccessCab. 3 dogs in an AccessCab is still a bit tight. Here is a pic of just the two of them:

Old 06-28-2007, 08:24 AM   #31
satxcubfan is on a distinguished road
satxcubfan's Tacoma Gallery
Them's some big dogs, 007! I've just got one little mutt who's been stashing himself under the bed for the past week or so. He's terrified of thunder and lightning.
BTW...how can I get one of those TacomaWorld.com stickers like you've got on your back window in the photo???
Old 06-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #32
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satxcubfan View Post
Them's some big dogs, 007! I've just got one little mutt who's been stashing himself under the bed for the past week or so. He's terrified of thunder and lightning.
BTW...how can I get one of those TacomaWorld.com stickers like you've got on your back window in the photo???
Send a PM to tcBob and let him know that you are interested. I think you have to have a certain number of posts to get one... no, I am probably wrong on that. Oh well, ask Bob. He is the owner of this site.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:56 AM   #33
I dub thee malicious!

Here is yet another run of heavy stuff from Houston to San Antonio. This is my Tacoma with a 250 lb oak TV cabinet in the bed of the truck. In the my boss's trailer, I had a 200 lb chest, two nightstands, a 4 cubic foot dorm fridge, a corner hutch, the base of an oak table, 4 oak chairs, 2 bar stools, and a bunch of straps.

It looks like we own a Toyota dealership since we had my Tacoma and my wife's RAV4 parked out in front of our house. When we got to San Antonio, we had my boss's Tundra out front too.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:00 AM   #34

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice 007
Old 09-17-2007, 09:20 AM   #35

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Thats pretty impressive for a 4 cyl, but keep in mind, if you ever break down while moving you can give me a call and i can swoop in with my V6 and tow your broken down truck full of stuff with the trailer still attached
Old 09-17-2007, 09:55 AM   #36
I dub thee malicious!

IF I EVER BREAK DOWN!!!?!?!?

I got a Toyota Tacoma, not a Ford F150!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:35 AM   #37

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
IF I EVER BREAK DOWN!!!?!?!?

I got a Toyota Tacoma, not a Ford F150!
True, maybe i'll do it anyway just to knock you down a few pegs
Old 09-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #38
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
True, maybe i'll do it anyway just to knock you down a few pegs
If you want to do that, get 25 MPG out of your 4.0L.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:38 AM   #39

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you want to do that, get 25 MPG out of your 4.0L.
Touche

All joking aside though, your truck (and the reckless disregard in which you overload it) is pretty impressive. I've never given 4cyl engines a second look but Toyota, specifially your truck, has made me think twice. It's reallly impresive that you're truck can handle all that. It should definately do for your needs until 2010 or whenever the diesel is coming out and you're forced to sell it and upgrade
Old 09-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #40
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Touche

All joking aside though, your truck (and the reckless disregard in which you overload it) is pretty impressive. I've never given 4cyl engines a second look but Toyota, specifially your truck, has made me think twice. It's reallly impresive that you're truck can handle all that. It should definately do for your needs until 2010 or whenever the diesel is coming out and you're forced to sell it and upgrade
Well, this trip didn't overload it. I don't even think I reached 2000 lbs w/ the trailer and the cargo. The first one was DEFINITELY overloaded.

This load gave me crappy gas mileage, but it held 75 MPH uphill with no problem. I love the low end torque the 2.7L has. I should have gotten it in a 4x4.

I don't recommend a 4 cylinder for everyone though, but I don't count them out either. I need it for all the highway miles I put on it. If I had all my family and friends nearby, then I might have a V6. Instead I travel everywhere.