Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Husky Liner mud flap group buy?

View Poll Results: Would you subscribe to a group buy for these?
Yes, and right now! 22 64.71%
I say yes now, but flake when the actual GB starts 2 5.88%
No, I like giving Toyota extra $ for mediocre parts 3 8.82%
No, I like rock chips in my paint. 7 20.59%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Husky Liner mud flap group buy? Now live! $29.95 shipped!

Poll to see what the response is......

Here are pics.....http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ud-guards.html
Click the link for pics.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Just a suggestion but a pic or a link to the product you're considering might be helpful. Also, a lot of members tear their mudflaps off to clear larger tires.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
MurfsTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
MurfsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Let's do it!
Old 11-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
40 bucks a pair right? Is there fronts and rears? If so id be down to throw like...60-70 bucks towards a full set.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #5
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I don't have pricing but believe we're looking at about $40 each set (2).
I am looking for interest before approaching vendor.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
I'm curious to see what they look like, the fronts anyway.
I edited the link in the first post.
They're nice.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #8
baja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaja820 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

baja820's Tacoma Gallery
I want some mudflaps that are not so rigid. Ones that won't rip off going through some deep ruts or ditch crossings.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:46 PM   #9
DirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyDawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DirtyDawg's Tacoma Gallery
In. But ask them to use a more flexible plastic.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #10
Texio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to behold

Texio's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for a pair of front ones for sure if we do this, and if the price is right, maybe rear ones too.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:10 AM   #11
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I do not see an option saying "No I'm smart enough too trim the oem ones and never had a issue"
Old 11-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #13
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I would vote no but not for the comedian reasons on the poll selection. I say no to GB because I already have the same thing in oem, did not give toyota any extra money for mediocre shit since they were already on the truck & have trimmed them to my liking where the fronts don't bend backward on frwy or get taken out by anything by whatever offroading I might do. Sure they are less effective but more effective than none at all & for the record, the husky's look no less mediocre in materials.

As others have stated, these would only be attractive alternative pricewise to oem vs. purchasing new from dealer. 80.00 for whole set is about same you could get some from FS but the design does look less flat than the oem and may hold better and not bend backward on frwy due to the contour of them. They wouldn't look right if needing to be trimmed any tho. If someone wanted shorter than those it'd end up looking better cutting oems IMO. Kudos for options.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #16
By popular demand, it's live!...http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...5-shipped.html

These people have been great to work with.
BTW all products are manufactured in the United States, nice to see a good value produced by American workers.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #17
Texio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to behold

Texio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
By popular demand, it's live!...http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...5-shipped.html

These people have been great to work with.
BTW all products are manufactured in the United States, nice to see a good value produced by American workers.
Awesome!
Old 11-18-2011, 04:34 AM   #18
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
60.00 a set & made in America. Even better, almost want to buy a set just to reward somebody making shit here.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #19
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
60.00 a set & made in America. Even better, almost want to buy a set just to reward somebody making shit here.

And shipping is on their dime..... Mine are ordered