Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Need help now with 5100 install!!!

Old 11-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Need help now with 5100 install!!!

SOLVED......THANKS TO SKULLY AND DREW! So I am trying to install a set of billies in the front and will be using the stock sport springs. I have everything pulled apart and am in the process of "trying" to re-assemble one spring/shock set up. Problem is that I cannot compress the spring enough to put it back together. Any ideas??? setting is only .85!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRYLONATOR View Post
So I am trying to install a set of billies in the front and will be using the stock sport springs. I have everything pulled apart and am in the process of "trying" to re-assemble one spring/shock set up. Problem is that I cannot compress the spring enough to put it back together. Any ideas??? setting is only .85!
you need a spring compressor.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
Turbokanji is on a distinguished road
Turbokanji's Tacoma Gallery
+1 def need one
Old 11-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
You can rent one at advanced, Believe me they make it sooo easy!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Maybe I didn't already put that info in the original post but I have a compressor! I can't squeeze the springs anymore!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #6
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe I didn't already put that info in the original post but I have a compressor! I can't squeeze the springs anymore!
Do you have the spring perch on upside down? Can you take a pic?
Old 11-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #7

Hmmm...I will take a look! I know these are the new billies that come with the steel perch. It is flared. Should the flare be facing up or down?
Old 11-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmmm...I will take a look! I know these are the new billies that come with the steel perch. It is flared. Should the flare be facing up or down?
I should fit on so that it goes down over the c-clip so it cannot come out.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #10

Drew....you sir are a genius! I have been trying to compress the springs for a 12" lift!!! I will go back to finishing the job and trully cannot thank you enough! Skully....thank you too for the video as it gave me a glimpse of what it was supposed to look like.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #11
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Drew....you sir are a genius! I have been trying to compress the springs for a 12" lift!!! I will go back to finishing the job and trully cannot thank you enough! Skully....thank you too for the video as it gave me a glimpse of what it was supposed to look like.
Cool man, post up some pics of her when shes all done.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #12
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery