Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

need help: how to change bulb on 2012 side mirrors????

Old 11-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Sbpd50816 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jeremy
Sbpd50816's Tacoma Gallery
need help: how to change bulb on 2012 side mirrors????

Anyone know how to change out the turn signal light in the 2012 tacoma side mirrors? Cant find how anywhere only have been able to locate puddle light change out on diff vehicles..
Old 11-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
That should be under warranty...
Old 11-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
I imagine he wants to change the orange bulb to one of those mirrored, only-orange-when-lit type of bulb. Or maybe he wants to actually change the color of the light. Either way, i'm not sure anyone has tried it yet.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:53 PM   #4

Law Enforcement:
yea I wanna change it out with a super white led bulb..just not quite sure how to change it out... really dont wanna take apart the mirror if I dont have to... be nice if I could just pop off the clear light cover.. nothing in the manual shows how or tells how...
Old 11-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
muisejt is a jewel in the roughmuisejt is a jewel in the roughmuisejt is a jewel in the rough
muisejt's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure it's similar to the 4Runner mirrors so you need to pop off the mirror cover (colored part) and there's a few screws to take out. It uses LED's that are built into the lens.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #7
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
So ... I'll be the one to ask .... are you allowed to have "super white" lights?

It may seem like a smart ass question but that is not my intent. I am guessing that they are amber, as the rear directional lights are ... in order not to night blind those driving behind you ....
Old 11-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #8

Law Enforcement:
no there not legal technically but either is any light you place on your car that is not the same lighting as it came from the factory such as (license plate bulbs, HID'S, Projectors, parking lights, turn signals, and tail lights, or reverse lights, window tint, things hanging from your rear view mirror, a crack in your windshield, no front license plate, in dash tv operating while driving),
Old 11-23-2011, 05:25 AM   #10
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbpd50816 View Post
no there not legal technically but either is any light you place on your car that is not the same lighting as it came from the factory such as (license plate bulbs, HID'S, Projectors, parking lights, turn signals, and tail lights, or reverse lights, window tint, things hanging from your rear view mirror, a crack in your windshield, no front license plate, in dash tv operating while driving),
I was thinking about the color ... nothing more, nothing less ... but thanks for the lesson.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:15 AM   #11
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner View Post
thats not correct either,you can replace every light on your taco,as long as it meets specs.i do d.o.t. inspections for california.
This. There are very clear specifications laid out in the California Vehicle Code (or whatever state you live in vehicle code). As long as you are within those specs, you are fine.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:37 AM   #12
tpr676 is on a distinguished road

tpr676's Tacoma Gallery
Just asking to get your balls broke, no thanks
Old 11-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #13
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
1- follow the law. saves you problems later

2- if its broken, it should be under warranty

3- since VERY few people on here have 2012s, you're probably barking up the wrong tree

and, fyi, you CAN change lights on your vehicle, as long as they comply with your local regulations. my money is on the fact that super white turn indicators are not legal
Old 11-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #14
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I haven't paid much attention to the new mirrors when I see them in person but I imagine there is a screw holding the lens on or maybe you just pop it off.

live via
Old 11-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #15

Law Enforcement:
the thread wasnt to ask whats legal and whats not it was simply to see "IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO REPLACE THE BULB IN THE SIDE REARVIEW MIRRORS"... any help in this department would be great.. I have a quick code I carry with me daily while working and enforcing CRIMINAL AND OCCASIONALLY TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS/VEHICLE VIOLATIONS... Im good in this department.. But again whats legal and whats not is NOT my question..
Old 11-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #16

[QUOTE=Sbpd50816;4077724"IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO REPLACE THE BULB IN THE SIDE REARVIEW MIRRORS"... I have a quick code I carry with me daily while working and enforcing CRIMINAL AND OCCASIONALLY TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS/VEHICLE VIOLATIONS... Im good in this department.. But again whats legal and whats not is NOT my question..[/QUOTE]

Please don't yell at us .....
Old 05-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #19
Professional Goofball
zul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to beholdzul is a splendid one to behold
zul's Tacoma Gallery
I think the OP frightened everyone away last november by stating he is a COP so it's OK he's doing something illegal. Sounds legit to me!?
Old 05-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #20
jonatay is on a distinguished road
jonatay's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...or-lights.html