Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Seatbelt won't retract!!!!

Old 11-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
lipripr is on a distinguished road
lipripr's Tacoma Gallery
Seatbelt won't retract!!!!

Hello,
Has anyone ever fixed a seatbelt that won't retract? I have the access door panel off, and am just looking for some tips to get the stupid belt to start retracting on its own again. There were three screws/bolts that had backed out, but that doesn't seem to be the only problem. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
Old 11-21-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripr View Post
Hello,
Has anyone ever fixed a seatbelt that won't retract? I have the access door panel off, and am just looking for some tips to get the stupid belt to start retracting on its own again. There were three screws/bolts that had backed out, but that doesn't seem to be the only problem. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
Toyota is real good with extending the warr. on belts. (At least at my shop.)
If it's not chewed by a dog or cut you could have a chance of having it replaced. I'd head over and see what they say. I just changed one about a week ago and it had a ton of miles on it. No problem.
Had to change the passenger belt in my Wrangler. 06 21,000 miles. If i hadn't had the ext warr it would have cost me $480.00.