Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

protective film?

Old 11-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
High priest of the obvious
bigskyguy is on a distinguished road

bigskyguy's Tacoma Gallery
protective film?

Anyone know of a good protective film to put over my upholstered armrests? I dont want to stain them when I drive home from a grubby day at work. I am concered that most products will leave a sticky mess behind. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskyguy View Post
Anyone know of a good protective film to put over my upholstered armrests? I dont want to stain them when I drive home from a grubby day at work. I am concered that most products will leave a sticky mess behind. Any advice would be appreciated.
im not real sure about a film that will go over the area, but depending on the type of upholstery it is, you may be able to use some scotchgard on it..........it will at least lessen any stain from staying on the armrest. if that isnt an option......an upholstery shop may have some clear plastic that will fit over the area and not be loose. we have done that on a few golf cart seats when we had expensive seat covers installed on them.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #3
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Cover them in leather and be done with it.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
wrap em in saran wrap just for the drive home and rip it off after you get there. Not a sporty looking accessory but hey if it keeps the armrests clean and you take it off when you get home who cares.

murph
Old 11-15-2008, 12:26 AM   #5
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
How about a long sleeve shirt for just the ride home? Get in the driveway, take it off and leave it in the truck. I keep sneakers in my truck to swap out my work boots. When I get home, the sneaks come off and go right back in the tool box.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:08 AM   #6
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same problem with the dirty armrest.i thought about the clear clingy plastic that contractors use on your carpet in your house.i cant think of the name right now.when i get in my work truck i'll get the name. you can get it at any home depot or lowes
Old 11-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #7
High priest of the obvious
bigskyguy is on a distinguished road

bigskyguy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys I went with the contractor cling wrap stuff, and it works ok. No more grubby armrests and it peels off easy for the weekend!