1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Heater control light bulbs - an alternative to dealer gouging.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by landphil, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Nov 22, 2011 at 11:00 PM
    landphil

landphil [OP] Fish are FOOD, not friends!

Member:
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    RIP 2006 Tacoma DCSB
    Tundra 5.7 mod
    I recently had one of my heater control backlighting bulbs burn out, as seems to be fairly common on these trucks.

I had trouble with the idea of spending $12-15 per bulb at the stealership and have trouble getting to one while they are open, so I did a bit of detective work. I googled the toyota part number, which gave me a description - a 1.8W 14V neo-wedge bulb. Taking this info, I was able to cross reference this to a bulb KT928 on a couple of websites, and I ended up ordering a ten pack for $17.99 + shipping from candlepower inc's online store. I received them today, and they are a perfect direct replacement.:cool:

So, for roughly the price of two from the dealer, I won't ever need to buy more of these again. The place I got them sells them individually as well, for very reasonable $$.

Info in this thread on how to change the bulbs.
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/98224-fan-control-light-burnt-out.html

tacho_libre likes this.
  2. Jul 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    Good info! That you very much. I was having a very hard time finding any info about these bulbs

Products Discussed in

To Top